JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

55 minutes ago, Richie said:

That's is the pros of having personal study. Although is a long process or took many years to grasp but in the end we can feel now the soonest of the end.

I spoke to sisters recently who have been exposed to the truth in the 1970s, yes they agree that its close now but we just dont know. Better to be balance. Doing what we can to be active in spiritual activities like meetings, ministry and prayers. 

Throwing our burdens to Jehovah. 

I dont want to be super excited because this system might go on for another decade. Or maybe I need to pray more for urgency. 

5 minutes ago, JennyM said:

I spoke to sisters recently who have been exposed to the truth in the 1970s, yes they agree that its close now but we just dont know. Better to be balance. Doing what we can to be active in spiritual activities like meetings, ministry and prayers. 

Throwing our burdens to Jehovah. 

I dont want to be super excited because this system might go on for another decade. Or maybe I need to pray more for urgency. 

My grandfather's sons and daughters were in the truth prior to 1970s and some of them left because of 1975 issue.  I had knowledge about this issue but my personal relationship with Jehovah and loving His words made me feel alive. Some of my closed friends died old and faithful but never tried to diminish their faith. Actually, we had good memories of having these topics discussed regularly. Almost 20s years passed I feel the end much even closer than we discused these with my old friends now they are in Jehovah's memory. Today we have so many reasons to believe than before.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ben-gvir-calls-to-bar-palestinian-authority-residents-from-temple-mount-on-ramadan/?fbclid=IwAR0BTcpvS5_E9ipfWQdpS6sVwyMbs8r_WRsURqYKpby5dyUWe2YMHJeKuc8

Ben Gvir calls to bar ‘Palestinian Authority residents’ from Temple Mount on Ramadan

Last week, a US official and an Israeli official told The Times of Israel that the Biden administration was highly concerned that Ben Gvir will try and spark tensions at the Temple Mount during Ramadan, in what Washington fears could drag the flashpoint issue of Jerusalem into the ongoing Middle East conflict that it’s seeking to contain, according to a US official and an Israeli official.

Might be another religious tension in upcoming Ramadan (Jews vs Muslim)...

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Might be another religious tension in upcoming Ramadan (Jews vs Muslim)..

Easter is approaching too… curious to see developments 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Ramadan will start on March 10... Russian election will be on March 15 to 17... These dates are so interesting that may cause unprecendented events. Let's see... 

and Memorial is in the same time range... yummy

Imagine this scenario about Daniel 11:44,45, of course a wild imagination, I have nothing to confirm this and it is probably wrong.

"“But reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him,"

Possible meaning - Parts of poor Russia that have suffered most from the war, where most of the soldiers for the war come from, and where people have suffered most economically. Therefore, people will rebel against their own government, which is disturbing news for the king of the north.

"and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction."

Possible meaning - With great rage he will try to put an end to this rebellion, he will try, it doesn't mean he will succeed, but without a doubt it will cause more suffering to people.

"And he will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration"

Possible meaning - Where will he position himself to make this attack? Against everything and everyone in its own territory who do not support his policy - between the Great Sea (Masses of people separated from God) and the holy mountain of Decoration (people close to God) This will show his great rage.

"and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.."

Possible meaning.- Nations that support him, will see how he will be in free fall, without the support of his own people, and so they will also want nothing to do with him, therefore he will end up alone.

What will happen next?

Following phrases are... (there were no chapters or verses at that time) Daniel 12:1- Great tribulation

Again, this is just my wild imagination at work, I apologize for that, but I will continue to loyally accept the faithful slave's explanation

1 hour ago, koala1999 said:

Imagine this scenario about Daniel 11:44,45, of course a wild imagination, I have nothing to confirm this and it is probably wrong.

"“But reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him,"

Possible meaning - Parts of poor Russia that have suffered most from the war, where most of the soldiers for the war come from, and where people have suffered most economically. Therefore, people will rebel against their own government, which is disturbing news for the king of the north.

"and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction."

Possible meaning - With great rage he will try to put an end to this rebellion, he will try, it doesn't mean he will succeed, but without a doubt it will cause more suffering to people.

"And he will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration"

Possible meaning - Where will he position himself to make this attack? Against everything and everyone in its own territory who do not support his policy - between the Great Sea (Masses of people separated from God) and the holy mountain of Decoration (people close to God) This will show his great rage.

"and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.."

Possible meaning.- Nations that support him, will see how he will be in free fall, without the support of his own people, and so they will also want nothing to do with him, therefore he will end up alone.

What will happen next?

Following phrases are... (there were no chapters or verses at that time) Daniel 12:1- Great tribulation

Again, this is just my wild imagination at work, I apologize for that, but I will continue to loyally accept the faithful slave's explanation

Russia is in a weakened state right now.If the mobilization were to be announced today, it will only start to have an effect next year, maybe in the spring or summer. A Russian can think quite differently. We just slap on a field suit and a gun, tell them to go potter and say goodbye. If and when a new mobilization comes, how can the new troops be equipped?
- Inevitably, the soldiers of the next mobilization will come to the front with substantially older equipment. In terms of night vision, sights and sensor devices, technologically, we are returning to the level of the 1970s and 1980s.
Although Russia's population is almost 150 million, soldiers cannot be recruited endlessly.
Russia also has its limitations. They have a need to mobilize, but to what extent do they dare to do it from the point of view of internal stability? That is certainly what the state leadership and the military leadership are seriously thinking about.
But when did you realize that China will soon completely vassal Russia and eat it? Russia will disappear
China demands land areas from Russia, e.g. Vladivostok region. They are part of ancient China. China eats weak Russia. https://tfipost.com/2020/07/this-is-our-land-china-now-claims-russias-vladivostok-as-part-of-its-territory/

56 minutes ago, PGgenius said:

I did the translation via the webpage.   That is very interesting.

Edited by Desert Dan

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2462126/middle-east

Palestinians view the Israeli settlements as a war crime and a major obstacle to peace, but many national-religious hard-liners see living there as fulfilling a divine promise.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict is a pure religious conflict. 

26 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

Quite a bold statement below.   - "A close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin has threatened the use of nuclear weapons on the U.S. if it fails in its invasion of Ukraine."

Putin Ally Vows Nuclear Strike on Washington if Ukraine Wins (newsweek.com)

That was our country's President predicted. If Putin lost Ukraine, he will use nukes.  Then the world will be forced to declare peace and security. 

https://m.jpost.com/christianworld/article-787482

Many of the Christian community are deeply unhappy about the allegations being leveled by our government on Israel," explained Philip Rosenthal, director of ChristianView Network, who will participate in the afternoon of prayer. "We believe in Genesis 12 that this will bring a curse on South Africa unless we distance ourselves from it. So we will do that, and we have been doing that very strongly... 

A deep rooted connection of Christendom to Israel

12 hours ago, PGgenius said:

If and when a new mobilization comes, how can the new troops be equipped?
 They have a need to mobilize, but to what extent do they dare to do it from the point of view of internal stability? 

Are you referring to the proposal to raise the age limit of military personnel to 70 ?

They will be issued a bolt-action rifle, hearing aids and dentures   .    .    

This story was published in the Daily Mail  ~ "Putin calls up his Dad's army".

5 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

Quite a bold statement below.   - "A close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin has threatened the use of nuclear weapons on the U.S. if it fails in its invasion of Ukraine."

Putin Ally Vows Nuclear Strike on Washington if Ukraine Wins (newsweek.com)

Nobody takes this DM guy seriously. Probably there is shorter list of things that he did not threaten yet ...I would not be surprised that soon he will claim that Andromeda Galaxy belongs to Russia ... 🤣

In 2014 he made bold statement that ....MOSCOW — Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said on Sunday that Ukraine's leaders had seized power illegally, and predicted their rule would end with "a new revolution [and] new bloodshed."

Nothing happened back then... 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Denmark is sending its "entire artillery" to Ukraine, the Danish prime minister has said. Speaking at the Munich Security Conference, Mette Frederiksen appealed to other European nations to do more. "They are asking us for ammunition now. Artillery now. From the Danish side, we decided to donate our entire artillery,' she said. It's as Russia said it has taken full control of the eastern Ukrainian city of Avdiivka, its biggest gain since capturing Bakhmut last May, after a retreat by Ukrainian troops.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I see that some of you friends here are pretty convinced that prophecies are fulfilled almost to the full extent already and that P&S could happen very soon. Ok, I also want and hope this to be true. But I still cannot stop thinking of a prophecy that says that KOTN will enter many lands and that this may continue to be fulfilled in the future, and we may see a far bigger military campaign of KOTN still in the future. Currently KOTN is not in a phase of decline but of a BIG military buildup.

And also, KOTN is not just Russia...

Just my thoughts (which may be wrong of course - I hope they are), but I would advise to be careful and take this possibility into consideration too.

Edited by Osprey