JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

4 hours ago, cme said:

There seems to be already some hacking into Internet.  Our phones, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and others at times are being "Blacked Out".

So,  someone or something is pulling the strings somewhere.

If you Google News: "China, infrastructure, and hacking" it's an on-going thing. They're hitting the US hard. I believe they've been in the water systems for 5 years or something. It pretty crazy.

All you need to do is scroll through this hacking news here: https://www.darkreading.com/. Especially this page: https://www.darkreading.com/program/dr-global. It really shows you the amount of hacking and information stealing going on while we see bloodshed in the regular news media. Of course, the hacking and information stealing leads to bloodshed too. 

If the AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile outage was a hack... it was an infrastructural one. That's for sure.

5 hours ago, cme said:

There seems to be already some hacking into Internet.  Our phones, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and others at times are being "Blacked Out".

So,  someone or something is pulling the strings somewhere.

AT&T is claiming it's a peering issue.  Which is trying to have calls leave one part of the network and go to another.  I've worked in the telecom industry and dealt with AT&T enough to believe that this was the result of a possible silly mistake or the result of them being too cheap to properly maintain equipment.  The T-mobile and Verizon calls were affected because AT&T owns infrastructure in certain areas and all calls have to go through that infrastructure.  So a T-mobile call works till it hits AT&T infrastructure.  But you won't know that.  All you know is you can't complete your call.  I think that this is just a side effect of greed, something that drove me nuts when I worked in the telecom industry.  Simple solutions or preventative work wouldn't be done because of "budget" or "cost".  One of those instances I personally complained about caused the entire Seattle metropolitan area to have an outage for businesses trying to make calls.

13 minutes ago, vern said:

You don.t think usa internal attacks would happen?

Doesn.t matter... All human government is ending and at some poont all governments lie.

Yes. Internally is always likely. The perfect example is Chinese foreign nationals being hired by companies with poor computer/network security. All it takes is for them to plug in a USB thumb drive with malware into a computer on a network or unplug a printers network connection and plug in a mini computer to penetrate the network. Hiding the device behind the printer. Some times if you work at a really secure site, governments and hacking groups will pay foreign nationals to befriend you and eventually persuade you to do what they can't. When you're strapped for cash and they're offering you a few grand and you hate your job and your boss. It happens. Just be ready to go to jail if caught or detected.

If the company and products are important enough. The company will have a cybersecurity department. The cybersecurity department will train employees on these tactics every 6 months or yearly.

Edited by chuck83

29 minutes ago, chuck83 said:

If you Google News: "China, infrastructure, and hacking" it's an on-going thing. They're hitting the US hard. I believe they've been in the water systems for 5 years or something. It pretty crazy.

A cyber attack against one of the largest health-care technology companies is in progress.   The company, Change Healthcare, handles pharmacy orders and customer payments.

Bottom line ~  Prescription meds will be delayed.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

A cyber attack against one of the largest health-care technology companies is in progress.   The company, Change Healthcare, handles pharmacy orders and customer payments.

Bottom line ~  Prescription meds will be delayed.

Oh wow. I didn't know that. That's crazy. Hacking is always an on-going thing. Everything is a target.

2 hours ago, Anniebea said:

I only have a small amount of French… but I’ma bit lost at what Ads are?

These: https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/trillions-spent-war-real-cost/

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, vern said:

Prinviply its taxes.

Funny to me they always say they need more money when the percentage tax rate scales with inflation.

I just saw a video that was saying that In some part California if your salary is $1.5m a year your actual salary is shy of $760,000. The rest is for the government. 

9 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

I would hope the US and China don't get into a conflict someday relative to Taiwan.   The world needs peace.

China demands the US stop any official contact with Taiwan following a congressional visit | AP News  

We as Christians do not advocate regarding worldly affairs. Read Isaiah 48:22. 

Edited by Dustparticle

7 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Read Isaiah 48:22

Yes indeed.  True peace only comes from Jehovah.

When I said "The world needs peace", I was mainly referring to the 2 major conflicts right now and the hope that a 3rd one doesn't occur.   In others words, people, countries and victims of these wars could use at least a brief resting period before more are added.   But in this system, things keep escalating.    Especially over this past year, it is really being emphasized that the world situation is very, very troubling and in a very dangerous state right now.

Edited by Desert Dan

Typos.

37 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

Yes indeed.  True peace only comes from Jehovah.

When I said "The world needs peace", I was mainly referring to the 2 major conflicts right now and the hope that a 3rd one doesn't occur.   In others words, people, countries and victims of these wars could use at least a brief resting period before more are added.   But in this system, things keep escalating.    Especially over this past year, it is really being emphasized that the world situation is very, very troubling and in a very dangerous state right now.

So true my brother, however, lets not get caught up in today's events and politics.  Jehovah has everything under control and will bring this to an end possibly.......sooner then we anticipate.  He has never lost control.  Everything is seen by Him and He only He has the outcome in hand.

Let's use whatever time we have left to avail ourselves of His Word, personal study, witnessing to as many as we possibly can and making changes in our own personality and flaws that we have, also not forsaking our meetings.

I believe that Satan can entertain us with today's news.  Quite frankly lately, they are sensational but, how much can be just down out right lies or exaggeration?  How much horror can you look at and listen?  I would not give it or waste my time on it.  Satan knows we are anxious!

Maybe in passing I will listen to see how it lines up with our prophesies.  Other then that, it can make me sick to hear the lies and abuse of power of the governments never seen before.

We don't need to listen or watch the news to know that we are at the threshold of GT and the New World.

1 minute ago, cme said:

Maybe in passing I will listen to see how it lines up with our prophesies.  Other then that, it can make me sick to hear the lies and abuse of power of the governments never seen before

Exactly what I do 

thanks for this comment 🥰

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

AT&T outage caused by software update, company says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/at-t-outage-caused-by-software-update-company-says/ar-BB1iHYDI?cvid=2b9ffa6d59ef443a85034ed15b4f5326&ei=19

I know this feeling. I've been through this more than a few times. At least it's not a cyber attack. Apply an update or a security patch and reboot the network device or server and it doesn't come back up. You really hate life... 😬

At least they remediated it fast and it wasn't over days. Hopefully it was nothing that could've been replicated in development/test and nobody had an RPE as a result.

Edited by chuck83

6 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

But in this system, things keep escalating.    Especially over this past year, it is really being emphasized that the world situation is very, very troubling and in a very dangerous state right now.

We live in the system under the devil's influence.  But there's no reason we can't hope for the best.  Less war, for example.

Jesus said "What I say to you I say to ALL (includes us), Keep on the watch".

Paul said "Let us stay awake and keep our senses".  Interestingly, that's found at 1 TH 5:6,  just after the P&S prophesy.

We should be paying attention as the scene of this world changes.