JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

11 hours ago, trottigy said:

Nothing wrong with hoping people don't kill each other! After all, we love people and it's one of the main reasons we preach. And the world situation is very troubling... 

I am reminded of 1 Tim 2:1-3

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high positions, so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God.

There's a topic Our Brothers in Norway over in JW News.  It says the Watchtower attorney used this scripture in his closing argument.   :ok:

This is just an opinion peace, but the writer has the opinion that Russia isn’t as much of a threat regarding nuclear war, and the only way to end the war is to make peace with Russia with someone like Donald Trump. Could that be it for the cry of P&S on a worldwide, global scale? Unless something else involves the KofN and KofS, this feels like once the war is finally over, peace will be achieved and celebrated around the world.

Only time will tell, plus the US elections are around the corner. This is just speculation, of course. A few of his quotes:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/feb/23/war-ukraine-russia-threat-europe-rearm-us

Russia simply doesn’t pose a serious threat of conventional attack on the EU and Nato. Vladimir Putin has often said – most recently in his interview with Tucker Carlson – that Russia has no intention of, and no interest in, an attack on Nato unless Nato attacks Russia. For a whole set of objective reasons, on this at least we can believe him.

Today, with the prospect of complete Ukrainian victory disappearing, a wise European course independent of Washington would involve defying the Biden administration – and pre-empting a possible Trump administration – and taking Putin up on his offer of peace talks. For without such talks, it will be impossible to explore what Russian terms for peace are, and therefore whether a compromise peace is possible.

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

“Who do you think put that idea in their head?“ - D. Splane Video

1 hour ago, Amygdala said:

This is just an opinion peace, but the writer has the opinion that Russia isn’t as much of a threat regarding nuclear war, and the only way to end the war is to make peace with Russia with someone like Donald Trump. Could that be it for the cry of P&S on a worldwide, global scale? Unless something else involves the KofN and KofS, this feels like once the war is finally over, peace will be achieved and celebrated around the world.

Only time will tell, plus the US elections are around the corner. This is just speculation, of course. A few of his quotes:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/feb/23/war-ukraine-russia-threat-europe-rearm-us

Russia simply doesn’t pose a serious threat of conventional attack on the EU and Nato. Vladimir Putin has often said – most recently in his interview with Tucker Carlson – that Russia has no intention of, and no interest in, an attack on Nato unless Nato attacks Russia. For a whole set of objective reasons, on this at least we can believe him.

Today, with the prospect of complete Ukrainian victory disappearing, a wise European course independent of Washington would involve defying the Biden administration – and pre-empting a possible Trump administration – and taking Putin up on his offer of peace talks. For without such talks, it will be impossible to explore what Russian terms for peace are, and therefore whether a compromise peace is possible.

In my opinion, aside from P&S Trump is big factor to let Russia to fulfill its last action. This action is during the GT. Let see....

On 2/22/2024 at 6:23 PM, Richie said:

All are so anxious about their spiritual needs are more blessed than pursuing material wealth. Although we are not materially wealthy we are rich in Jehovah's eyes that makes us happy. Spiritual understanding from the future is also a source of happiness because we feel how Jehovah helps us to understand His willl. 

More material things more worries to protect them. We know from the signs that we are seeing that peace and security can happen anytime. 

See all bros  and sis in Ukraine and in Russia and some war torn areas. They leave their things for their lives. They carry only their bags of clothes. 

If we prioritize things now, no time for spiritual things which are more important. 

A sister was talking on the phone and mentioned a discussion in service about King of the North and King of the South. I started to reread those articles and will do so with more scrutiny starting tomorrow. History in the making promotes the necessity of review to older ones like me. i will also read this thread with more intensity.

14 hours ago, JennyM said:

More material things more worries to protect them. We know from the signs that we are seeing that peace and security can happen anytime. 

See all bros  and sis in Ukraine and in Russia and some war torn areas. They leave their things for their lives. They carry only their bags of clothes. 

If we prioritize things now, no time for spiritual things which are more important. 

100% correct. Additional to that long term planning is not practical today because world conditions change so quickly.

2 hours ago, kejedo said:

A sister was talking on the phone and mentioned a discussion in service about King of the North and King of the South. I started to reread those articles and will do so with more scrutiny starting tomorrow. History in the making promotes the necessity of review to older ones like me. i will also read this thread with more intensity.

It's so worthwhile sister to give time for this. Time, patience and the most important thing is help from Jehovah. Then you can find the gem from it.

I think at times discussion here is getting bent out of shape. P&S is not going to happen because we live in a screw up world.

There are many news events are getting bent out of shape too. Do you think these weather conditions does not happen at times out west in U.S. https://www.yahoo.com/gma/cross-country-storm-hit-northwest-204252238.html

This article or articles are making western U.S. a war zone. Most of these events out west happens all the time. The news media are molding people and friends the wrong way too.

The world conditions is not going to dictate the proclamation of P&S. It will be a satanic proclamation. Yes, events in this world is getting worse but the media is molding people politically and useless events that we experience all the time. They want us to get media hype and I can get caught up with it at times too, but we need to be careful with this my dear brothers and sisters.

From my opinion, perhaps there will be a future enlightenment how the P&S will happen. From scriptural contexts, no indication of world calmness or either. Paul saying is directly to the Thessalonian brothers and sisters. They were informed to what would be the prior event to Jerusalem destruction. We know that Jerusalem prior to 66 CE, were in political and social chaos. If the case is the same, world today is heading to the same condition.

45 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I think at times discussion here is getting bent out of shape.

I agree. We are spending a lot of time guessing and speculating about the future.

The last few years we have heard the GB repeatedly say "WE DON"T KNOW"

I think the next phrase we will hear them repeat many times will be "JUST WAIT AND SEE"

Eventually we need to stop trying to second guess the future and just let it happen...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, kejedo said:

A sister was talking on the phone and mentioned a discussion in service about King of the North and King of the South. I started to reread those articles and will do so with more scrutiny starting tomorrow

Discussions among the friends will definitely be happening more and more. We have an influx of new ones coming into the Truth who never went through the book of Revelation, nor are familiar with the prophecies concerning the KofN or the KofS. So although we keep awake during these last days, there is value in deepening our knowledge of Bible prophecies, despite what the world promotes, or even others in the congregation who discourage keeping a breast of where we are in the times were living in. This can only be done by personal, individual study and meditation. It keeps one from falling victim to the world and it’s misleading spirit.

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

“Who do you think put that idea in their head?“ - D. Splane Video

8 hours ago, Richie said:

From my opinion, perhaps there will be a future enlightenment how the P&S will happen. From scriptural contexts, no indication of world calmness or either. Paul saying is directly to the Thessalonian brothers and sisters. They were informed to what would be the prior event to Jerusalem destruction. We know that Jerusalem prior to 66 CE, were in political and social chaos. If the case is the same, world today is heading to the same condition.

In 2023, annual meeting  likens our situation into 66CE. 

Annual meeting of 2024, talks about the judgement. 

GENEVA, Feb 26 (Reuters) - United Nations chief Antonio Guterres on Monday deplored how the U.N. Security Council had failed to respond adequately to the Israel-Hamas conflict in Gaza and Russia's invasion of Ukraine, saying the conflicts had "perhaps fatally" undermined its authority.
Speaking at the opening of the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva, Guterres said the U.N. Security Council often found itself deadlocked and "unable to act on the most significant peace and security issues of our time".

The Council needs serious reform to its composition and working methods."

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/security-council-perhaps-fatally-undermined-by-gaza-inaction-says-un-chief-2024-02-26/

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Precursor of “Sudden Destruction”

3. What is the first development that we are awaiting?

3 Proclaiming peace. In writing to the Thessalonians, the apostle Paul described the first development that we are awaiting. (Read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.) In this letter Paul mentions “Jehovah’s day,” which will begin with the attack on “Babylon the Great.” (Rev. 17:5) However, just before Jehovah’s day begins, nations will be saying, “Peace and security!” This expression may refer to one pronouncement or to a series of notable statements. Will religious leaders be involved? Since they are part of the world, they will possibly join the nations in saying, “There is peace!” (Jer. 6:14; 23:16, 17; Rev. 17:1, 2) This proclaiming of peace and security will signal that the day of Jehovah is about to begin. Enemies of God’s Kingdom “will by no means escape.”

4. How do we benefit from understanding the significance of Paul’s prophecy about the proclamation of peace and security?

4 How do we benefit from understanding the significance of this prophecy? Paul states: “You are not in darkness, so that the day should overtake you as it would thieves.” (1 Thess. 5:3, 4) Unlike people in general, we discern where current events are heading. In exactly what manner will this prophecy about peace and security be fulfilled? We must wait and see how the world scene develops. Therefore, “let us stay awake and keep our senses.”—1 Thess. 5:6; Zeph. 3:8.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-kingdom/promises/kingdom-enemies-removed/

I studied again.

Edited by Dhanyel

On 2/23/2024 at 10:17 PM, chuck83 said:

But what was the reaction though? Did people look around and start to move? Like what happened? LOL

Well,

the brothers really looked at each other, they were surprised

there was a little whisper

and then they went to talk to the brother who did the scared part

some didn't understand what was happening and other veterans did

in general, about 90% of the brothers were worried

this really made me think when 1 Thessalonians talks about being taken "by surprise" like a thief.

it won't be just the people, but the believers too

of course the faithful will be ready, but they'll be in for a bit of a shock :eek:

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I miss the book study arrangement b/c we could delve deep with a smaller group. I enjoyed studying and restudying the Revelation Climax.  I recall reading that Bab. The Great began to fall in 1914, but the Complete destruction is still ahead. Also that the JUdgment of the Sheep and the Goats will occur after the complete destruction of BTG. Updates, corrections, or references would be appreciated. Hope this is in the right thread. Thanks, ys pauline

Sweden clears final hurdle to join NATO as Hungary approves accession

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/hungary-set-ratify-swedens-nato-accession-clearing-last-hurdle-2024-02-26/

Sweden to join NATO after bid approved

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/26/europe/sweden-nato-accession-hungary-intl/index.html

Edited by Dhanyel

8 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Putin s worst nightmare is here.

Now imagine if European countries send their own troops to join Ukraine s army…

Or worse: Ukraine loses the 5 territories exchanging for NATO membership 

A lot of scenarios are being discussed in private diplomacy 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

10 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Putin s worst nightmare is here.

Now imagine if European countries send their own troops to join Ukraine s army…

Or worse: Ukraine loses the 5 territories exchanging for NATO membership 

A lot of scenarios are being discussed in private diplomacy 

The possibilities are impressive, the world scene really is constantly changing.