JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

15 hours ago, Richie said:

From my opinion, perhaps there will be a future enlightenment how the P&S will happen. From scriptural contexts, no indication of world calmness or either. Paul saying is directly to the Thessalonian brothers and sisters. They were informed to what would be the prior event to Jerusalem destruction. We know that Jerusalem prior to 66 CE, were in political and social chaos. If the case is the same, world today is heading to the same condition.

In my opinion, I see the future events as being: Trump gets into office, negotiates peace between all the ongoing war situations,  then BOOM, the UN turns on false religion…….

It doesn’t matter what the politician’s current view on religion is, Jehovah is the one that puts in their hearts to turn on religion….so we will not expect it, or see it coming, it will happen very SUDDENLY

Unfortunately, if I’m right, that means the system may last at least another year…… i’m hoping to come sooner in which case I don’t mind being wrong! 😁

Edited by zoebarry

24 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

In my opinion, I see the future events as being: Trump gets into office, negotiates peace between all the ongoing war situations,  then BOOM, the UN turns on false religion…….

It doesn’t matter what the politician’s current view on religion is, Jehovah is the one that puts in their hearts to turn on religion….so we will not expect it, or see it coming, it will happen very SUDDENLY

Unfortunately, if I’m right, that means the system may last at least another year…… i’m hoping to come sooner in which case I don’t mind being wrong! 😁

Or the current administration remains in power and they decide to stamp out "Christian Nationalists" as they are a growing threat to national security, and so the government turns on religion that way.

There are many possible paths, but no matter what, we know the end result.  😉 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maga-christian-nationalism-bigger-threat-134624780.html

Edited by computerwiz

Added article

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Putin s worst nightmare is here.

Now imagine if European countries send their own troops to join Ukraine s army…

Or worse: Ukraine loses the 5 territories exchanging for NATO membership 

A lot of scenarios are being discussed in private diplomacy 

That's correct, sending foreign troops into Ukraine is already considered as a serious possibility:

Several Nato and EU members considering sending soldiers to Ukraine, Slovak PM says

Reuters reports that several Nato and European Union members are considering sending soldiers to Ukraine on a bilateral basis, Slovak prime minister Robert Fico said on Monday.

Fico, who has long opposed military supplies to Ukraine and has taken a position seen by some critics as pro-Russian, offered no details and other European leaders did not immediately comment on his remarks.

He was speaking ahead of a meeting of European leaders in Paris that he is due to attend later on Monday.

“I will limit myself to say that these theses (in preparation for the Paris meeting) imply a number of Nato and EU member states are considering that they will send their troops to Ukraine on a bilateral basis,” Fico told a televised briefing after a meeting of Slovakia’s security council.

“I cannot say for what purpose and what they should be doing there,” he said, adding that Slovakia, a member of the EU and the Nato military alliance, would not be sending soldiers to Ukraine.

Fico said he saw a risk of a large escalation of the conflict in Ukraine, and that more information could not be revealed to the public.

About 20 European leaders, including Fico, will gather in Paris on Monday to send Russian president Vladimir Putin a message of European resolve on Ukraine and counter the Kremlin’s narrative that Russia is bound to win a war now entering its third year, France said.

French president Emmanuel Macron has invited European leaders to the Élysée Palace for a working meeting announced at short notice because of what his advisers say is an escalation in Russian aggression over the past few weeks.

Fico said calling the meeting showed the West’s strategy on Ukraine had failed. He said he was going to take part in a constructive spirit although the material for discussions sent “shivers down his spine”.

7 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Precursor of “Sudden Destruction”

3. What is the first development that we are awaiting?

3 Proclaiming peace. In writing to the Thessalonians, the apostle Paul described the first development that we are awaiting. (Read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.) In this letter Paul mentions “Jehovah’s day,” which will begin with the attack on “Babylon the Great.” (Rev. 17:5) However, just before Jehovah’s day begins, nations will be saying, “Peace and security!” This expression may refer to one pronouncement or to a series of notable statements. Will religious leaders be involved? Since they are part of the world, they will possibly join the nations in saying, “There is peace!” (Jer. 6:14; 23:16, 17; Rev. 17:1, 2) This proclaiming of peace and security will signal that the day of Jehovah is about to begin. Enemies of God’s Kingdom “will by no means escape.”

4. How do we benefit from understanding the significance of Paul’s prophecy about the proclamation of peace and security?

4 How do we benefit from understanding the significance of this prophecy? Paul states: “You are not in darkness, so that the day should overtake you as it would thieves.” (1 Thess. 5:3, 4) Unlike people in general, we discern where current events are heading. In exactly what manner will this prophecy about peace and security be fulfilled? We must wait and see how the world scene develops. Therefore, “let us stay awake and keep our senses.”—1 Thess. 5:6; Zeph. 3:8.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-kingdom/promises/kingdom-enemies-removed/

I studied again.

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them,c just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

This made me think. We know that it took 3.5 years from them celebrating the Roman retreat to the actual destruction, yet the scriptures say "sudden" and "instantly". They even mention it in the Jerusalem video. I wonder how long we will actually wait after the Cry before BtG is destroyed.

1 hour ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them,c just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

This made me think. We know that it took 3.5 years from them celebrating the Roman retreat to the actual destruction, yet the scriptures say "sudden" and "instantly". They even mention it in the Jerusalem video. I wonder how long we will actually wait after the Cry before BtG is destroyed.

According to the study notes in our SB, “there will be little to no time” between the proclamation of P&S and the destruction.

I thought it was also noteworthy that the study notes refer to the “destruction that will come upon those making that cry.” In other words (correct me if I’m wrong), those making the proclamation of P&S will also be those facing destruction. I know the publications have stated that religious leader could very well be involved in the proclamation of P&S, and we know the cry of P&S is the precursor to the GT which begins with destruction of BTG. I don’t know what the point of what I’m saying is but anyway haha. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5de66a1250d3d6728f2971396f53880c.jpeg

1 hour ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Chaque fois qu’ils disent : « Paix et sécurité ! alors une destruction soudaine doit être instantanée sur eux , tout  comme les douleurs de l'accouchement sur une femme enceinte, et ils n'échapperont en aucun cas.

Cela m'a fait réfléchir. Nous savons qu'il a fallu 3,5 ans entre la célébration de la retraite romaine et la destruction réelle, pourtant les Écritures disent "soudainement" et "instantanément". Ils le mentionnent même dans la vidéo de Jérusalem. Je me demande combien de temps nous attendrons réellement après le Cri avant que BtG ne soit détruit.

It's a  very good question, Sister, and the answer is in a near future. Patience....

11 hours ago, Sofia said:
GENEVA, Feb 26 (Reuters) - United Nations chief Antonio Guterres on Monday deplored how the U.N. Security Council had failed to respond adequately to the Israel-Hamas conflict in Gaza and Russia's invasion of Ukraine, saying the conflicts had "perhaps fatally" undermined its authority.
Speaking at the opening of the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva, Guterres said the U.N. Security Council often found itself deadlocked and "unable to act on the most significant peace and security issues of our time".

The Council needs serious reform to its composition and working methods."

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/security-council-perhaps-fatally-undermined-by-gaza-inaction-says-un-chief-2024-02-26/

https://www.jns.org/jerusalems-old-city-braces-for-ramadan-tension-drop-in-business/

Jerusalem’s Old City braces for Ramadan tension, drop in business

9 hours ago, kejedo said:

I miss the book study arrangement b/c we could delve deep with a smaller group. I enjoyed studying and restudying the Revelation Climax.  I recall reading that Bab. The Great began to fall in 1914, but the Complete destruction is still ahead. Also that the JUdgment of the Sheep and the Goats will occur after the complete destruction of BTG. Updates, corrections, or references would be appreciated. Hope this is in the right thread. Thanks, ys pauline

No worries it may come back lol

9 hours ago, kejedo said:

Edited by Landon1285

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

I heard that the French president revealed that Russia intends to invade at least 10 more countries. Can anyone from France confirm this?

I was unable to find any supporting evidence to confirm that exact statement. I just found this 🤷

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/26/emmanuel-macron-paris-conference-aims-to-show-the-west-has-means-to-defeat-putin

5 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

I heard that the French president revealed that Russia intends to invade at least 10 more countries. Can anyone from France confirm this?

Yeah that's true... It's a possibility according to him.

And he talked about sending troups in Ukraine yesterday...

5 minutes ago, Dages said:

I heard that too. Sending troops to Ukraine was mentioned also by Slovak prime minister 

That would start WW-3 I guess.

From this point on European governments are preparing people for a Russian invasion soon

This means a wide propaganda about military built up and possible recruiting 

Military production will increase instead of peaceful investments 

More money to be shifted 

All because of Russia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

37 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I heard that too. Sending troops to Ukraine was mentioned also by Slovak prime minister 

That would start WW-3 I guess.

From this point on European governments are preparing people for a Russian invasion soon

This means a wide propaganda about military built up and possible recruiting 

Military production will increase instead of peaceful investments 

More money to be shifted 

All because of Russia

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20240119-macron-urges-french-defence-firms-to-boost-production-to-support-ukraine

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2024/02/27/war-in-ukraine-president-macron-doesn-t-exclude-sending-troops-on-the-ground-announces-missile-coalition_6562295_4.html

18 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

this really made me think when 1 Thessalonians talks about being taken "by surprise" like a thief.

it won't be just the people, but the believers too

of course the faithful will be ready, but they'll be in for a bit of a shock :eek:

When that day comes we can hope to be more excited than shocked, because 1 Thessalonians does not just says that "Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night". That is only half of the verse.

Paul says that "[ourselves] know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night"

And how we could know that "very well"?

As he says before in verse 1, 'we do not need nothing more to be written [or said], because we know very [well]  times and the [events]', we know the time stream very well and our position in it.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

2 hours ago, Dages said:

Probably to replace the ones killed in January.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

The Spy War: How the C.I.A. Secretly Helps Ukraine Fight Putin

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/25/world/europe/cia-ukraine-intelligence-russia-war.html

This is a New York Times article and you need to create an account to read it, so here is a link to a shorter article that highlights the main points:

CIA Built "12 Secret Spy Bases" In Ukraine & Waged Shadow War For Last Decade, Bombshell NYT Report Confirms

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/cia-built-12-secret-spy-bases-ukraine-waged-shadow-war-last-decade-bombshell-nyt