JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Climate change is disrupting the peace, tranquility, and security of the planet. Could there be a peace and security agreement through climate action? Leading people to believe they are close to solving humanity's major issues and making the world a safer place, would that be a possibility?

23 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

...I think you may be right...

...I hope this means their destruction will be very quick (from a human perspective)...

It is about Jehovah's Judgement. The Judgement of the Almighty God. In that light, does it really matter about that potentially someone might be right, or potentially maybe not?

If you Google you will find also this;

Psalms 145:3 Meaning and Commentary
The greatness of his nature, and the perfections of it, these are past finding out; and so are his ways and works, and the riches of his grace, and of his greatness there is no end.

Is the  human perspective interesting in this? i.e. to find out if it may take 5 minutes more or 7 seconds less, or that Jehovah's Judgement, his Judgement, will be very quick?

Please look back at a woman having labor pains. Imagine the baby comes a little faster as what this woman was thinking. Is it realistic to think that this woman will consider to calculate the exact moment, minutes and seconds, that the baby came indeed a little faster as what she was thinking? Or would you rather believe that strong emotions, tears of happiness, strike her because she has finally her very own baby in her arms, the most beautiful baby in the world. 😉

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

7 hours ago, IceBreeze said:

It is about Jehovah's Judgement. The Judgement of the Almighty God. In that light, does it really matter about that potentially someone might be right, or potentially maybe not?

We all want to have an accurate understanding of the Bible, so I don't understand your point. Agreeing with someone else's explanation of the Scriptures does not mean we are claiming our view is more important than God's - we are building each other up just like we are supposed to. I had a misunderstanding and was corrected. I ageed with that correction - that is all.

7 hours ago, IceBreeze said:

Please look back at a woman having labor pains. Imagine the baby comes a little faster as what this woman was thinking. Is it realistic to think that this woman will consider to calculate the exact moment, minutes and seconds, that the baby came indeed a little faster as what she was thinking? Or would you rather believe that strong emotions, tears of happiness, strike her because she has finally her very own baby in her arms, the most beautiful baby in the world. 😉

That's basically my point. Every birthing woman hopes it doesn't last long, but she doesn't actually know. I've said in this thread that it could be long or short, but I obviously hope for short because we want this system to end quickly. That's not the same thing as predicting it will be fast or slow, which I didn't do.

9 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Climate change is disrupting the peace, tranquility, and security of the planet. Could there be a peace and security agreement through climate action? Leading people to believe they are close to solving humanity's major issues and making the world a safer place, would that be a possibility?

So far nobody knows which peace and security process agendas are going to be an indicator of Jehovah's day. Nowadays, alot of peace talks for big issues are discussed by elites. For these discussions, we are also trying our best to decode which of which is linked to 1Thes 5:3.

1Thes 5:3 says everybody will get caught just like a pregnant woman having a birth pain in surprise. For now, we see some prostitutes oppose their lovers. This kind of action is disloyalty to a lover. When this disloyalty become aggravated, lover will surely hate the harlot to the point of striking the lover's fist to blow her end. Having a gradual discontentment with the prostitute is a sign of hate process until the full abhorrent is in a full blown. Looking forward for the fullness. 

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-says-israel-becoming-233746462.html?guccounter=1

Bernie Sanders says Israel is ‘becoming a religious fundamentalist country’

“Too many people do not understand that the Israel of today is not the Israel of…20 to 30 years ago,” Mr Sanders told news outlet Crooked Media. “It is a right-wing country, increasingly becoming a religious fundamentalist country where you have some of these guys in office believe that God told them they have a right to control the entire area.”

7 hours ago, Richie said:

So far nobody knows which peace and security process agendas are going to be an indicator of Jehovah's day. Nowadays, alot of peace talks for big issues are discussed by elites. For these discussions, we are also trying our best to decode which of which is linked to 1Thes 5:3.

1Thes 5:3 says everybody will get caught just like a pregnant woman having a birth pain in surprise. For now, we see some prostitutes oppose their lovers. This kind of action is disloyalty to a lover. When this disloyalty become aggravated, lover will surely hate the harlot to the point of striking the lover's fist to blow her end. Having a gradual discontentment with the prostitute is a sign of hate process until the full abhorrent is in a full blown. Looking forward for the fullness. 

Like the Ukraine peace talk next month in Switzerland. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Richie said:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-says-israel-becoming-233746462.html?guccounter=1

Bernie Sanders says Israel is ‘becoming a religious fundamentalist country’

“Too many people do not understand that the Israel of today is not the Israel of…20 to 30 years ago,” Mr Sanders told news outlet Crooked Media. “It is a right-wing country, increasingly becoming a religious fundamentalist country where you have some of these guys in office believe that God told them they have a right to control the entire area.”

And that being so, what if ... what if from Jehovah's standpoint, though Israel lost it's status as his first and favored nation on earth, that it is "Peace and security" at last for the modern-day nation of Israel is how this is meant?

Speculative of course. I imagine Abraham in the resurrection seeing how great this one nation could have been if it had lived up to it's covenant relationship with Jehovah. Now, fast-forward to the Last Days of Satanic influence on peoples thinking a personalities ... Jehovah's "Way" is vindicated and his promise to Abraham is fulfilled in showing him how such a great "Nation" as spiritual Israel has come into being?

Bottom-line ... as usual ... hindsight as to fulfillment will be 20/20! 🙏🩺

Edited by just1-4all

edited for clarity
“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

9 minutes ago, just1-4all said:

And that being so, what if ... what if from Jehovah's standpoint, though Israel lost it's status as his first and favored nation on earth, that it is "Peace and security" at last for the modern-day nation of Israel is how this is meant?

Speculative of course. I imagine Abraham in the resurrection seeing how great this one nation could have been if it had lived up to it's covenant relationship with Jehovah. Now, fast-forward to the Last Days of Satanic influence on peoples thinking a personalities ... Jehovah's "Way" is vindicated and his promise to Abraham is fulfilled in showing him how such a great "Nation" as spiritual Israel has come into being?

Bottom-line ... as usual ... hindsight as to fulfillment will be 20/20! 🙏🩺

Things will be perceived once the full picture is totally clear. 

13 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

...We all want to have an accurate understanding of the Bible...

...so I don't understand your point...

...we are building each other up just like we are supposed to.

...That's not the same thing as predicting it will be fast or slow, which I didn't do...

Thank you for quoting. Having said this, I'm happy to try (again) to explain if the importance is down to "How fast things will happen, or that it actually will happen?"

-- Ofcourse do we all want to have an accurate, detailed, understanding of Jehovah's word the Bible and the supporting publications. This is one of the reasons that for instance I was refering to Psalms 145:3 where it is talking about that "his ways and works are past finding out". (with these words trying to explain that maybe from Jehovah's perspective this is fast, but to us it might not come across as fast).

Thessalonians talks about that Jehovah's day is coming exactly "as a thief in the night". And also it talks here about the "sudden" destruction (suddenly, when it is not expected), "like the birthpains of a pregnant woman", (those pains come unexpected). But it says something much more interesting in the next sentence; "and they will by no means escape!" 1 Corinthians 15:52 says; "In a moment", "in the blink of an eye". but the text does continu when it says; "During the last Trumpet"

Would it rather be important to realize that the conclusion is that "they will by no means escape"? "The thief in the night", well, with all respect, but in this world they come at daytime too. The accent can be put at "when" this thief is coming to steal my or your belonging. We simply can not know because the thief has made his plan. But, also here is it the most important that we exactly know when the thief is coming? Or is it rather essential that we protect our house and make it difficult for the thief to steal our belongings? And once we have done that, we call the Police so the thief will by no means escape?

The Bible does refer also to "sudden" (when no one does expect it). And also "the birth pains of a pregnant woman" like we could see before. But also the woman does realize that there will be "no way for her to escape for the birth pains".

The Bible even does refer to "In a moment", "In the blink of an eye". I looked it up for you and came across the words from an optician where they explain that "the blink of an eye", an eyewink, takes 100 - 150 milliseconds. This is something really fast. However the Bible says in the same verse "during the Trumpet", so how long will that moment be that the Trumpet will sound? How long is "In a moment"? How many eyewinks can be produced "during the Trumpet?" Does all of this not show that Jehovah's ways are past finding out? 

-- Well, it is after all not "my" point, but most of the things shared here with you are taken from Jehovah's word the Bible. The source where this information can be found.

-- Building up each other is and should be the intention indeed. Thank you. 😊

-- I didn't say that something has been predicted. I only pointed out things in detail which I did again. What I included in one other post is that translating, and they way things come across, may have something to do with it.

Ofcourse we hope that things will be short.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

Maybe they will say that they have peace soon after that meeting. With Israel going in to Rafah now it might result in the world becoming upset about the suffering and then they will demand peace there too. Two major conflicts being handled at the same time. We will see. 

12 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Le Premier ministre slovaque Robert Fico se trouve dans un état potentiellement mortel après une tentative d'assassinat

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/shooting-after-slovak-government-meeting-tasr-agency-reports-2024-05-15/

Droite x Gauche 

This world is exhausting. The attacker is 71 years old... if even old people do it...

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Once in a generation opportunity as UN stated. In September 2024, new approaches to peace.... 

Screenshot_20240517_073111.jpg

Hopefully bro. We need a better place to live. 

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Once in a generation opportunity as UN stated. In September 2024, new approaches to peace.... 

This sounds interesting. It deserves it's own topic...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Richie said:

Oh... it says the Pact is currently negotiated (behind the scenes)

That's very interesting. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Posted (edited)

Summit of the Future website - EN | United Nations

The speed and complexity of developments have outpaced our systems for cooperating and coping.

The benefits and opportunities of progress are spread unevenly, with the majority of people left behind.

The risks and threats are also unevenly felt, disproportionately impacting the most vulnerable.

Extreme poverty and hunger are on the march. Global emissions are at their highest levels in human history, as are levels of human displacement. Threats such as climate, conflict, food security, weapons of mass destruction, pandemics and health crises, and the risks associated with new technologies, are growing.

Multilateral governance, designed in simpler, slower times, is not adequate to today’s complex, interconnected, rapidly changing world.

The Summit is an opportunity to put ourselves on a better path.

In other words, it wants teeth...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

38 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

A NEW AGENDA FOR PEACE
 Our collective security system can better prevent, 
manage and resolve conflicts in both traditional and 
new domains, guided by principles of trust, solidarity 
and universality. Prevention at the global level is 
bolstered by addressing strategic risks and geopolitical 
divisions, including nuclear disarmament. Prevention at 
the national level is strengthened through focusing on 
underlying drivers and redoubling investment in 
sustainable development. An updated approach to 
peace operations and peace enforcement recognizes 
the realities of today's conflicts and the value of regional 
approaches. We are better equipped to prevent the 
weaponization of emerging domains and promote 
responsible innovation, e.g. in cyberspace, outer space, 
lethal autonomous weapons, AI, and biorisks. A stronger 
collective security machinery includes a reformed 
Security Council, a revitalized General Assembly, and an 
enhanced Peacebuilding Commission.

40 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

A NEW AGENDA FOR PEACE
 Our collective security system can better prevent, 
manage and resolve conflicts in both traditional and 
new domains, guided by principles of trust, solidarity 
and universality. Prevention at the global level is 
bolstered by addressing strategic risks and geopolitical 
divisions, including nuclear disarmament. Prevention at 
the national level is strengthened through focusing on 
underlying drivers and redoubling investment in 
sustainable development. An updated approach to 
peace operations and peace enforcement recognizes 
the realities of today's conflicts and the value of regional 
approaches. We are better equipped to prevent the 
weaponization of emerging domains and promote 
responsible innovation, e.g. in cyberspace, outer space, 
lethal autonomous weapons, AI, and biorisks. A stronger 
collective security machinery includes a reformed 
Security Council, a revitalized General Assembly, and an 
enhanced Peacebuilding Commission.

I cant wait to get rid of sufferings in the world.