JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

28 minutes ago, Golfguy74 said:

A lot going on. Loved the Watchtower encouraging us to continue putting on the new personality. So important, this world will erode at our new personality, and we need to correct the erosion. 

And we need to keep on preaching too. Acts 1:8

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

A World where USA is not the most powerful power.

This is understanding... Russia and it´s allies want to win the control of the World. 

This is their chance to do blackmale and bargain for a change in their favour.

Now... for me this poses a question: If we know that anglo-american power will lead the World till Armagedom (Daniel´s prophecies - chapters 2 + 4 + 7 + 8 and Rev. Chapter 19)... How can Peace and Security can be "achieved" without the KOTN become the most powerful? Will the KOTN reach to its end BEFORE GT? or not? Our publications teach that both KOTN and KOTS will be destroyed at Armagedom. So Im very curious to see the unveil of these situations in the near future!

Things will happen in an unexpected surprising way! :D 

I’ve been quietly pondering this since things started going topsy-turvey. 
ones struggling to be a world power that don’t fit. China, for instance. 
Things can start happening, fast. 
We need to follow the lead of Christ, and, yes, Jehovah". They have things under control, (the end, and all it entails) 

In the meantime, do I see the Red Sea parting? 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

19 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

We need to follow the lead of Christ, and, yes, Jehovah". They have things under control, (the end, and all it entails) 

USA is still the dominant power until the ends comes, they are part of the image of the feet in Daniel. We do want to be fooled about this of another power rise up higher than Anglo-American power. We have troops stationed around 100 countries in the world and most of the world follow USA as how they rule themselves and how they run capitalist business too. The world as a whole does not follow China’s communist capitalism and the way they do things.

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Now... for me this poses a question: If we know that anglo-american power will lead the World till Armagedom (Daniel´s prophecies - chapters 2 + 4 + 7 + 8 and Rev. Chapter 19)... How can Peace and Security can be "achieved" without the KOTN become the most powerful? 

Things will happen in an unexpected surprising way! :D 

P&S will not be "achieved".   

"Just before Jehovah's 'day' begins, the nations will be proclaiming "Peace and Security!".  World leaders sometimes use similar expressions when they talk about stabilizing relationships between nations.  However, the announcement of "peace and security" that the Bible describes will be different.  Why?  When this happens people may think that world leaders have succeeded in making the world a safer, more secure place.  But in reality, "sudden destruction" will follow as the "great tribulation" unfolds.  w19 October pp. 8-13.

The world leaders will be gaslighting the public as never before.  The proclamation, or announcement, will be nothing more than a scam. A lie.

7 hours ago, Hotteok said:

End of all suffering = no more meat eating

= beginning of the new suffering of no meat eating

Jehovah enjoys a good barbecue.  The Bible describes it as a restful odor. 

(Genesis 8:20, 21) And Noah began to build an altar to Jehovah and to take some of all the clean beasts and of all the clean flying creatures and to offer burnt offerings upon the altar. And Jehovah began to smell a restful* odor,+ and so Jehovah said in his heart:+ “Never again shall I call down evil upon the ground+ on man’s account, because the inclination+ of the heart of man is bad from his youth up;+ and never again shall I deal every living thing a blow just as I have done.+ 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=Rbi8&srctype=wol&bible=1008020&srcid=share

2 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Miss Bea,

Same hear, it has been contentious at times. Some take it wrong, thinking sides are being taken but just pointing out the events. I have found that using this and people's concerns can leave an opening for the Kingdom hope. Especially since I relocated to the deep south. Protestants seem to be aware of some aspects of this prophecy, but are stilled taking sides with the government.

On 2/22/2023 at 8:01 AM, jps said:

i hope the end will come within 12 months,

my car wont probably pass next MOT 🤪

Never thought of that, should have not bought a new car.

17 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Jehovah enjoys a good barbecue.  The Bible describes it as a restful odor. 

(Genesis 8:20, 21) And Noah began to build an altar to Jehovah and to take some of all the clean beasts and of all the clean flying creatures and to offer burnt offerings upon the altar. And Jehovah began to smell a restful* odor,+ and so Jehovah said in his heart:+ “Never again shall I call down evil upon the ground+ on man’s account, because the inclination+ of the heart of man is bad from his youth up;+ and never again shall I deal every living thing a blow just as I have done.+ 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=Rbi8&srctype=wol&bible=1008020&srcid=share

Lol... 

Not only that, but remember Eijah's official garment that had a leather belt? Would be a waste of meat after all the shoes, belts, handbags and wine bottles are made. Besides, Abel offered an animal sacrifice and Jehovah was well pleased.

13 hours ago, 80snewwave said:

In the last few weeks, there's been many articles talking about how Russia, China and other political powers are talking about creating a multipolar "New World Order", "world order" based on the principles/laws of the United Nations.

It's been exciting seeing how the world scene is developing.

Hopefully all these developments lead to the United Nations proclaiming "Peace and security!" very soon.

The following articles came out on April 8th and 7th:

‘New world order’: Russia reveals its ultimate goal

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/new-world-order-russia-reveals-its-ultimate-goal/news-story/f0e891f726a7ffe8cf652e5380efe291

Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov links peace in Ukraine to a 'new world order'

https://www.euronews.com/2023/04/07/russian-foreign-minister-lavrov-links-peace-in-ukraine-to-a-new-world-order

Kremlin's strategic aim in Ukraine is 'new world order' 

(There's an uploaded image (screenshot) of the Guardian article, just in case it isn't accessible.)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/apr/07/russia-ukraine-war-live-pentagon-investigating-leak-of-us-and-nato-files-report-macron-and-von-der-leyens-last-day-in-china

Screenshot (12).png

I thought this comment by Lavrov, in the second article, the Euronews, was interesting:

"What should be discussed are what the principles of the new world order, which we all need, will be based on," he said..

Lavrov added that instead of a one-sided world order, this should be based "on the principles of the UN Charter, which, I emphasise once again, are directly violated by the collective West." (Bold mine)

Interesting, too, that these words are coming from the KotN.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Now... for me this poses a question: If we know that anglo-american power will lead the World till Armagedom (Daniel´s prophecies - chapters 2 + 4 + 7 + 8 and Rev. Chapter 19)... How can Peace and Security can be "achieved" without the KOTN become the most powerful? Will the KOTN reach to its end BEFORE GT? or not? Our publications teach that both KOTN and KOTS will be destroyed at Armagedom. So Im very curious to see the unveil of these situations in the near future!

Things will happen in an unexpected surprising way

Putin could die or leave office in some other fashion, maybe even political disgrace. His replacement could reverse all of Putin's decisions and lead Russia into a new, peaceful direction. 

A coup could overthrow the current regime. Russia would still be the lead partner in the KOTN, but with an entirely different government. 

The Soviet Union used to be the KOTN. The Soviet Union collapsed. After a period of time Russia reemerged as lead of the KOTN. It's really as if the KOTN didn't change. The same could happen again. Russia could collapse and a new government emerge. This new government could assume the lead of the KOTN and take it to a new direction. 

6 hours ago, Loyal said:

I invite you to watch again 

Fulfilled Prophecy—Daniel Chapter 11

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODBibleAccounts/pub-jwb-080_10_VIDEO

Did The title changed?

it used to be kings in the time of the end, right?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

this should be based "on the principles of the UN Charter,

Of course Russia has re- refined its borders by decree

so they want those to be respected 

4 new oblasts and crimea are part of the Russian federation according to their law.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 4/9/2023 at 1:51 AM, Sofia said:

Of course Russia has re- refined its borders by decree

4 new oblasts and crimea are part of the Russian federation according to their law.

According to Russia,  by referendum of the people.  Like Russia saying "This wasn't our idea.  But the people voted to join the Russian Federation.  How can we turn them away?"

Watching the leaders of this world act out would be comical if it wasn't so tragic.

1 hour ago, Loyal said:

A sexual act? If so, he was having sex with a boy

Here's something I just read:

Peace is breaking out in the Middle East.

While we were being distracted by the ongoing Russia/Ukraine war - tremendous developments in the Middle East have all but ended decades of US meddling in the region.

Take, for example, the recent mending of relations between Saudi Arabia and formerly bitter adversaries Iran and Syria. A China-brokered deal between the Saudis and Iran has them re-establishing full diplomatic relations.

Additionally, Riyadh is expected to invite Syria back into the Arab League and Syrian President Assad may attend the next Arab League summit.     As reported at RonPaulInstitute.org

I have heard of the conflicts between Sunni and Shia, but I don't know what their issues are.

According to the report, it seems the governments are looking past the religious differences.

No m

46 minutes ago, Doug said:

Here's something I just read:

Peace is breaking out in the Middle East.

While we were being distracted by the ongoing Russia/Ukraine war - tremendous developments in the Middle East have all but ended decades of US meddling in the region.

Take, for example, the recent mending of relations between Saudi Arabia and formerly bitter adversaries Iran and Syria. A China-brokered deal between the Saudis and Iran has them re-establishing full diplomatic relations.

Additionally, Riyadh is expected to invite Syria back into the Arab League and Syrian President Assad may attend the next Arab League summit.     As reported at RonPaulInstitute.org

I have heard of the conflicts between Sunni and Shia, but I don't know what their issues are.

According to the report, it seems the governments are looking past the religious differences.

No matter what, Isaiah 57:21.

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

but Jehovah will put into their hearts to attack religion soon. 

Yes.  One possible reason the FDS has suggested is "meddling in politics".

Maybe the Sunni and Shia won't approve of the governments peace initiatives and try to sabotage them.

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Yes.  One possible reason the FDS has suggested is "meddling in politics".

Maybe the Sunni and Shia won't approve of the governments peace initiatives and try to sabotage them.

If you leave in Canada, then you will have to know that religion in USA are deeply into politics. You can forget preachers of preaching God’s Kingdom.