JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

We did not have to wait for long for this...LOL :whistling:🤣:popcorn:

The former president has since used social media to thank wellwishers, saying: "It was God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening."

"We will fear not, but instead remain resilient in our faith and defiant in the face of wickedness," Mr Trump wrote.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-15/trump-assassination-attempt-pennsylvania-reaction/104097080

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, New World Explorer said:

The former president has since used social media to thank wellwishers, saying: "It was God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening."

"We will fear not, but instead remain resilient in our faith and defiant in the face of wickedness," Mr Trump wrote.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-15/trump-assassination-attempt-pennsylvania-reaction/104097080

You mean he didn't wait three days before he said anything?

:whistling::lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

38 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Art Wow GIF by NdubisiOkoye😯

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

His God didn't care about the guy that died?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 hours ago, Sofia said:

This isn’t new… shooting politics.

But let’s see how it unfolds 

the shooter was republican allegedly 

in Europe some leaders have been attacked lately ( Denmark and Slovakia).

He was 20 years old (barely an adult by legal standards), registered as a Republican (because you have to choose a party when you register), and had made a very small contribution to a liberal/progressive group which the news media doesn’t seem to want to tell us about. Sounds like he was just another loner who wanted his 15 minutes of fame. 

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

Did either of you even bother to read the article? If you did, you would clearly see that Trump sends his condolences to the families of the victims….

So, the first thing we need to do is slow down and be respectful.

3 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I know. That was my first thought. What a mess!

It just shows how little people know about the Bible and "God" being separate from politics of this world (Daniel 2:44) 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

39 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

It just shows how little people know about the Bible and "God" being separate from politics of this world (Daniel 2:44) 

Which is a good thing ... if everyone understood the scriptures there wouldn't be a narrow road to life.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Did either of you even bother to read the article? If you did, you would clearly see that Trump sends his condolences to the families of the victims….

I was talking about  politics, in general. Period. I sort of get the headlines and move on. If i was talking about Mr. Trump, specfically, Iʼd be taking sides.

I think n̨ot. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Trump rewrites speech in wake of assassination attempt

https://www.9news.com.au/world/donald-trump-shooting-former-president-reveals-new-details-in-post-shooting-interview/8871ff54-7a1a-431f-a6a5-073218bf6abb

"This is a chance to bring the whole country, even the whole world, together. The speech will be a lot different, a lot different than it would've been two days ago," he said.

33 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

Trump says ‘God alone’ saved him from assassination, urges Americans to unite

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-says-god-alone-stopped-his-assassination-urges-americans-to-unite/

I read that

and that he s actively seeking to end evil 

He wants to unite Americans because they are divided like Daniel foretold in Dan 2:41 🤔

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Hello friends,

I may not be the only one, but I feel the news overload is taking a toll in my thoughts and emotions. So, I'm calling quits with the news outlets, since everything is either political, religious or commercial (the 3 legs of this world).

In addition, I'll unfollow this thread for a while to revisit a list of materials on neutrality.

https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=neutrality&link=%2Fresults%2FE%2Fvideos%3Fq%3D

Take care, and see you on other threads around.

Agape 💖

'I was saved by luck or God,' Trump says

In one of his first interviews since the incident, Mr Trump told conservative US media he felt that he had been saved "by luck or by God".

“The most incredible thing was that I happened to not only turn [my head] but to turn at the exact right time and in just the right amount," he said, adding that the bullet that grazed his ear could have easily killed him.

Me - So, the god of lady luck, he really doesn't know!  🎲

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c29dn2j53w2o

15 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Exactly... I watch because we are encouraged to keep on the watch.  Even participating in this thread is keeping watch. So I'm interested in world events in relation to Bible prophecy. Just like everyone else in this thread... or they wouldn't be here. 

Oh it's a positive thing my brother, because as we see these things happen, it reconsolidates Bible prophecy and that the Kingdom is that much closer not just in another day closer, but by the fragility of Satan's system. It also means we can be alert to what's going on for ministry purposes. Interestingly after this happened my ex Bible study texted me last night and wants to restart her studies ... she's scared about what's going on. We need to be on the watch alert to what is happening around us. It's a good thing.

If we don’t pay attention to some of what’s going on in the world, it’s hard to be properly prepared for what householders may talk to us about in the ministry. 
We need to know the headlines. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

We can talk about current political issues and remain neutral. I don't think the participants strayed from neutrality. The topic is in all the news outlets; it was an attack against a politician, and it's normal for everyone to comment. We know that these events fulfill prophecies, that one situation can lead to others, and that the great tribulation is very near. Our website always reminds us: KEEP ON THE WATCH!

People Losing Trust In Politicians—⁠What Does the Bible Say? And many other topics..... If the moderators understand that a topic has gone out of line, simply take the appropriate action. Thank you for everyone's impartial comments 

On 7/13/2024 at 9:26 PM, Julsey said:
On 7/13/2024 at 6:32 PM, Kwabena said:

Imagine this man recovering and then telling his fanbase that this incident shows that he is ordained by God himself to be the president. His religious fanatic fans are going to EAT IT UP!!. The rest is history. 

Yeah. Doubt that’s going to happen. 

And there's more "evidence" that he had godly protection.  :raspberry:

image.png.5bd2ad7ab9c43cef5016eebe66651c9e.png