JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

5 hours ago, jrnievas said:

But the Bible does not mentioned nor indicate that the Last World Power will lead the final attack til Armageddon.... but KOTN rather.....

5 hours ago, jrnievas said:

aaah, I get your point, so you are saying that the Anglo-American will be the last world power that will exist in this world until Armageddon... ahh, okay...

The Bible does not say that only 1 world power will exist at the time of Armageddon.  As you both point out, the Bible shows both the King of the North and the King of the South will continue to exist until that time. 

Sophia's list is a good summary 

In Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar's dream statue is destroyed at Armageddon when Jehovah strikes the Anglo-American world power. 

Also in Revelation the Anglo-American world power is cast into the lake of firey destruction while still alive or functioning. 

Going back to Daniel, the King of the North leads the final attack, along with the rest of the nations, including the King of the South. 

You both did a good job sorting all these pieces. 

I need thought I would say this but, I’m afraid to go door to door 🥲🚪…. Here in the USA with all the recent shootings … one a young boy mistakenly knocked on the wrong door and the owner shot him another one a young girl father and mother were shot because a basketball 🏀 rolled in their neighbors yard and he didn’t like that.

I don’t want me my husband or kids to knock on anyone door and be shot … while in service Simply for knocking!!!

So I have been doing letter writing and SMPW.  And I have to get my hours because I’m a regular pioneer… even thinking about coming off the list because I can’t make the hours… 

My husband has also expressed the same feelings as me about going door to door he is uneasy about going out especially me and the kids.

Maybe there needs to be a local needs on this cause I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one to feel this way!! 

You never know who is behind that door or what kind of mood they are end…

My mom was right if we think that we are just going to walk into the New World think again.

We have a lot that we have to go through including that “Judgment Message “ 

that will no doubt truly test out faith in Jehovah to the core!!!! 

I'm glad you brought this up. I also have given thought to this. We live in a very dangerous world and it keeps getting worse each day. Most people recognize us as JW when we come to their door. I used to live in a rural area in the US and a few people would come to the door with guns in hand. When we mentioned the Bible, they lowered their guns. Remember, the angels are involved in the preaching work as well. We have to trust in Jehovah's protection. Its possible the GB may address this in the future. In the meantime we take precautions to stay safe. I always hold my Bible in plain sight so it can be seen and people will know why we are there. And lets not forget prayer- it has a very powerful affect!

11 hours ago, Shannie said:

don’t want me my husband or kids to knock on anyone door and be shot … while in service Simply for knocking!!!

So I have been doing letter writing and SMPW.  And I have to get my hours because I’m a regular pioneer… even thinking about coming off the list because I can’t make the hours… 

Im sorry you feel this sis.

We live in a very dangerous world and these fears are very normal.

I do 99% of my hour requirement by zoom and whatsapp calls/messages. I rarely go door to door ever since 2019. Ive come to learn how to preach this way and I´ve been very blessed with a few bible studies and many visits.

Hang in there ❤️ pray that Jehovah will help you acoumplish your ministery the best possible way ❤️

hugs for you 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 4/20/2023 at 8:43 AM, 80snewwave said:

For me personally, these "multipolar world order" news reports call to mind what Brother Leonard Meyers said during the

"Jehovah Guides Us in the Way of Peace-Part 2" 2022 Drama, at the 31:31 minute mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMoviesBibleTimes/pub-wpc_2_VIDEO

Brother Meyers said that soon "The political rulers of the world will give the United Nations unprecedented power and authority".

Perhaps, just perhaps, (in my imperfect viewpoint) these debates/meetings could be a beginning of developments that lead to the nations (hopefully very soon) to be declaring "peace and security!"

We'll have to wait and see if any of this happens.

Either way the Great Tribulation will soon begin.

Keeping on the watch

This Watchtower article mentions the UN as an Eighth King..Paragraphs 11-13 are interesting. Will the Harlot BTG actually agree to whatever is proposed by the members of the UN? She rides the wild beast exercising political control. Yes..will be interesting to watch these developements!

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1980367

Screenshot_2023-04-23-11-34-15-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

17 hours ago, Shannie said:

I need thought I would say this but, I’m afraid to go door to door 🥲🚪…. Here in the USA with all the recent shootings … one a young boy mistakenly knocked on the wrong door and the owner shot him another one a young girl father and mother were shot because a basketball 🏀 rolled in their neighbors yard and he didn’t like that.

I live in Canada and can only imagine what you are going through. We hear of daily shootings there in the US but in Canada they are rare due to the lack of guns. It does happen though as you may have heard of 17 women killed at the Polytechnic Institute in Montreal some years ago and more recently (2020) of the 22 people killed in Nova Scotia. The killer dressed as a police officer and drove a vehicle that looked like one of theirs. The world is messed up and some countries more than others. Did the 'founding fathers' ever imagine the repercussions of allowing citizens the 'right to bear arms'?

Hang in there and my prayers go out to you and your family.

Percy

@Shannie  can You focus more on the other avenues of the ministry?  we aren't limited in our preaching work.  The world is ours sky is the limit.  We can preach informally or where ever we are and including carts and letters and telephone.

My main focus while I'm here is to do some damage with regards to the preaching work.  No matter what don't let Satan stop you ... just keep going in a different manner that's all.  As long as you are still being obedient, remember Jehovah didn't specify HOW to preach he just said to preach. Matt.24:14 (GO.. that's it) 

Just like he didn't tell Abraham to live in tents he just told him to move ... it was Abraham's decision on how he wanted to be obedient to Jehovah.  

Here, preaching is well accepted and the residents often invite people to come in, I think the subject is regional, we love to preach from door to door and it is the best method, history confirms this,but everyone knows their reality, may Jehovah help everyone to fulfill their ministries, we are Jehovah's witnesses 24 hours a day and we can preach to everyone who is close to us that great privilege,if we didn't speak the stones would speak.facing some situations today will train us for when the preaching message undergoes a change, and Jesus assured that he would be with us until the end of this system, courage!

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

Brazil’s Lula pitches ‘peace coalition’ for Ukraine, but he treads a thin line

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/24/americas/brazil-lula-ukraine-peace-coalition-intl-latam/index.html

any day now

But brazil is not that a powerful country

Edited by JennyM

Just now, Dustparticle said:

Basically the KOTN and KOTS are.

yeah.. thats why I take note when theyre pushing for world peace. 1 example is below 

7 hours ago, Loyal said:

Russia’s Lavrov hosts UN meeting on ‘international peace,’ gets slammed by Western diplomats

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/24/europe/russia-lavrov-un-meeting-intl/index.html

This is interesting. https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2023/april/gafcon-rwanda-anglican-communion-global-south-gsfa.html

Conservative Anglicans Reject Church of England and Archbishop of Canterbury

Of course no one would have ever thought that this could happen…

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

Pope Francis says the Vatican is involved in a peace mission to end the war in Ukraine

“The mission is in the course now, but it is not yet public. When it is public, I will reveal it,” Francis told reporters. 😮

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/30/europe/ukraine-pope-peace-mission-intl/index.html

Pope says Vatican involved in secret Ukraine peace mission

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pope-says-vatican-involved-ukraine-peace-mission-2023-04-30/

Edited by Loyal

5 hours ago, Loyal said:

Pope Francis says the Vatican is involved in a peace mission to end the war in Ukraine

“The mission is in the course now, but it is not yet public. When it is public, I will reveal it,” Francis told reporters. 😮

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/30/europe/ukraine-pope-peace-mission-intl/index.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pope-says-vatican-involved-ukraine-peace-mission-2023-04-30/

I read somewhere that it involves the Ukrainian children deported to Russia 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 5/1/2023 at 12:26 PM, Loyal said:

Ukraine said it has “no knowledge” of a peace mission involving the Vatican to resolve the conflict with Russia.

“President Zelensky has not consented to any such discussions on Ukraine’s behalf,” a Ukrainian official close to the presidential office told CNN.https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-02-23/index.html

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)