JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Posted (edited)

images(1).jpeg.68f955627041cc3f500d043e1da5c963.jpegHowever, it is important to remember what 1 Thessalonians 5:20 says: "Do not treat prophecies with contempt." That being said, we must indeed expect the fulfillment of "peace and security," even though it may not make sense now how it will happen. But it will happen; this is an important sign that Jehovah's day is near. Even if it is a single event or several, we cannot overlook this event.

Edited by Dhanyel

1 minute ago, Dhanyel said:

However, it is important to remember what 1 Thessalonians 5:20 says: "Do not treat prophecies with contempt." That being said, we must indeed expect the fulfillment of "peace and security," even though it may not make sense now how it will happen. But it will happen; this is an important sign that Jehovah's day is near. Even if it is a single event or several, we cannot overlook this event.

No we can't - right on !!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

images(1).jpeg.68f955627041cc3f500d043e1da5c963.jpegHowever, it is important to remember what 1 Thessalonians 5:20 says: "Do not treat prophecies with contempt." That being said, we must indeed expect the fulfillment of "peace and security," even though it may not make sense now how it will happen. But it will happen; this is an important sign that Jehovah's day is near. Even if it is a single event or several, we cannot overlook this event.

If I saw it on the TV screen I would go and advance myself to new order place - if you go you collect tokens or you can trade a chocolate cream pie w/ sprinkles and a donut for it .Three Stooges Pie GIF

4 hours ago, WD-40 said:

If I saw it on the TV screen I would go and advance myself to new order place - if you go you collect tokens or you can trade a chocolate cream pie w/ sprinkles and a donut for it .Three Stooges Pie GIF

If I saw it in the TV screen as I'm eating in a restaurant, I'd order a fine bottle :D 

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

Ready or not.. I cant handle human and animal's suffering any longer. I started to have health issues too. 

Some of our bro and sis are suffering from physical, emotional issues too. 

You are not the only one facing this sis. You hang in there. Matthew 24:13

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

The new fight to reform the UN’s colonial-era world order

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/28/americas/un-security-council-reform-africa-members-intl-latam/index.html

Teeth 

Now THAT is what I am I looking for. I think the UN will go through some type of reformation that will give it a new global authority that people will believe will bring P&S.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

Ready or not.. I cant handle human and animal's suffering any longer. I started to have health issues too. 

Some of our bro and sis are suffering from physical, emotional issues too. 

You are not alone.  There are so many around here too that it feels like a roller coaster ride.

The latest thing is kidney stones!  It's crazy!  In just about a month's time, I know 5 people in my small circle suffering from it.  2 in the congregation and 3 at work.  That's too much to be a coincidence.  👀

The amount of brothers & sisters we've lost in the past couple years.  The amount that have been in the hospital.  Or needing surgery (me & wife included).  It's so much!

The human race is deteriorating fast since COVID....

4 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

You are not alone.  There are so many around here too that it feels like a roller coaster ride.

The latest thing is kidney stones!  It's crazy!  In just about a month's time, I know 5 people in my small circle suffering from it.  2 in the congregation and 3 at work.  That's too much to be a coincidence.  👀

The amount of brothers & sisters we've lost in the past couple years.  The amount that have been in the hospital.  Or needing surgery (me & wife included).  It's so much!

The human race is deteriorating fast since COVID....

:(

18 minutes ago, Jwanon said:

I've seen this expression many times concerning the UN, where does it come from?

Is that a personal question or something that came from one of your social media discussions?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

36 minutes ago, Jwanon said:

I've seen this expression many times concerning the UN, where does it come from?

“The institutions we have, have no teeth. And sometimes, even when they have teeth, like in the case of the Security Council, they have not much appetite to bite,” the Secretary-General said.

https://www.un.org/en/delegate/sgs-message-world-leaders-‘wake-change-course-unite

‘Give Teeth’ to Convention’s Accountability Provisions, Bring Treaty into Modern Age, Secretary-General Tells Biological Weapons Review Conference

https://press.un.org/en/2022/sgsm21605.doc.htm

No greater confession to the UN's ineffectiveness than the UN itself! But there's more...

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/the-tragedy-of-a-toothless-un

https://www.ncregister.com/news/un-experts-letter-to-vatican-has-no-real-teeth-says-church-official

https://www.vice.com/en/article/our-multilateralism-has-no-teeth-why-its-incredibly-difficult-for-the-un-to-make-real-change/

. . . etc . . .

Or you could go back in time/ back over a hundred pages here and get to a post from 2016:

OR you go back more than a decade where we have talked about this - here ->

Or even farther to the Revelation Climax book - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101988028?q="last+and+best+hope"&p=par#h=40

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Jwanon said:

It was used as an illustration here.

*** re chap. 35 p. 258 par. 21 Executing Babylon the Great ***
Yes, the nations will use the scarlet-colored wild beast, the United Nations, in destroying Babylon the Great. They do not act on their own initiative, for Jehovah puts it into their hearts “even to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast.” When the time comes, the nations will evidently see the need to strengthen the United Nations. They will give it teeth, as it were, lending it whatever authority and power they possess so that it can turn upon false religion and fight successfully against her “until the words of God will have been accomplished.” Thus, the ancient harlot will come to her complete end. And good riddance to her!

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Yes, the nations will use the scarlet-colored wild beast, the United Nations, in destroying Babylon the Great. They do not act on their own initiative, for Jehovah puts it into their hearts “even to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast.” When the time comes, the nations will evidently see the need to strengthen the United Nations. They will give it teeth, as it were, lending it whatever authority and power they possess so that it can turn upon false religion and fight successfully against her “until the words of God will have been accomplished.” Thus, the ancient harlot will come to her complete end. And good riddance to her!

THE END ! NEVER TO BE SEEN ON WIDE SCREEN !

15 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

This is when the UN becomes the "8th king". It will be given the power and authority to destroy false religion. That power comes from the nations temporarily giving it that authority.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2022480#h=21:0-22:0

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

10 hours ago, Dages said:

If I saw it in the TV screen as I'm eating in a restaurant, I'd order a fine bottle :D 

haha .   .   .   Yes. Put it on the credit card.   You may never have to pay the bill.

Spoiler

I was coming in the truth in 1974/75.   My mother and I went to JC Penny and bought clothes for the meetings and ministry.  We didn't have a lot of money and we felt like we had splurged a bit.   But, we smiled at each other and I said "We will probably never have to pay the bill".   49 years ago  :facepalmpo2:

1 minute ago, Doug said:

haha .   .   .   Yes. Put it on the credit card.   You may never have to pay the bill.

Hide contents

I was coming in the truth in 1974/75.   My mother and I went to JC Penny and bought clothes for the meetings and ministry.  We didn't have a lot of money and we felt like we had splurged a bit.   But, we smiled at each other and I said "We will probably never have to pay the bill".   49 years ago  :facepalmpo2:

Say - did you use to own a Douglas Aircraft model DC-3 that was parked in the hangar at Idyllwild Airport ?Frank Capra 30S GIF by Turner Classic Movies

3 hours ago, Jwanon said:

Check this talk:

https://www.jw.org/open?docid=1011214&item=pub-jwbmw_201504_2_VIDEO&wtlocale=E&appLanguage=E&prefer=content

Partial Transcript :

IMG_1277.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”