JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

The news announces a shooting at a school in Georgia! How sad, until when!

So sorry for those involved. This world can't sink any further into the mire.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

48 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

So sorry for those involved. This world can't sink any further into the mire.

Hmm, I felt that way 10 years ago - when same sex marriage was approved, but then it occurred to me - in Sodom and Gomorrah pedophilia must have also been fairly common and likely accepted. That has not happened in our modern time yet. Sadly, there is still room for this system to get even worse, but you can se that the worse is certainly on its way.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

9 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Hmm, I felt that way 10 years ago - when same sex marriage was approved, but then it occurred to me - in Sodom and Gomorrah pedophilia must have also been fairly common and likely accepted. That has not happened in our modern time yet. Sadly, there is still room for this system to get even worse, but you can se that the worse is certainly on its way.

I think it's very common, but fortunately not accepted,  so maybe you are right. But it's common, when you become affected by it, you suddenly get to know just how commonplace it is. Like when you clean windows, all you see are dirty windows out witnessing or when you're pregnant all you see are pregnant women. In NZ domestic abuse and pedophilia are quite rampant ... and those are what we know about. 

If I may say so my dear friend, I'm not sure we need to parallel Sodom and Gomorrah exactly ... there are modern horrors like this school shooting that I'm sure SOME of those in Sodom and Gomorrah would even be horrified by, not all in those cities were depraved to that extent. Ie: Lot's daughters fiances.

Lot's wife looked back, I'm sure not to join those debased mob who were at their door, but because of the Lifestyle. 

Edited by Ahuvah

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

13 hours ago, Cool.As.Ice said:

On a serious note…I will zero in on this expression and dissect it a little bit.

Jehovah always has and always will fulfill his word at the exact time that he says he will. He had everything figured out 6,000 years ago back in the garden of Eden, he came up with a solution IMMEDIATELY. How awesome is that?!? (Genesis 3:15). Compare Joshua 23:14.

He has had a set time when he will bring this world to an end, and He has been progressively preparing His organization for when the curtain finally drops on this system.

Think of some of the changes:

1)No more hours on our field service reports.

2)Focusing more on conversations and reaching people’s hearts rather than “look @ me, I placed 40 magazines this month” or “I did 10 hours”, with emphasis more on reaching people’s hearts rather than stats.  
PSST: Okay this is related to #1. Please don’t hang me on the torture stake for this. (Let the reader use discernment, pun intended.)

3)Discontinuing never-ending Bible studies with people sitting on the fence and focusing on those who truly and actually want to get up and do something.

4)Having us prepare “go-bags” with emergency supplies so we can be ‘ready to go’ at a moments’ notice.

5)The ever-more intensifying “pushing” between KotN and KotS. (Daniel 11:40)

6)The fact that it had just been revealed to us that some people might turn to true worship during the GT. That was a monumental announcement, one of the most significant in our recent history.

7) Of course, the “signs of the times” (everything happening during the ‘last days’, which is getting worse and worse with time, etc., not something I need to, or wanna repeat in front of hundreds of baptized Witnesses, because all of ya’ll know what the deal is)

8)Increasingly, the themes of our WTs and Awake’s talk a little less about false beliefs of Christendom, and breaking free of BTG (though still extremely important), and more about the pressures of life in this system of things and how to keep close to God’s organization in this time of the end, as people care less and less about religion.

Really, I could go on and on, but there is clear and overwhelming evidence that we are in the “last of the last days” of this system of things.

It is natural to want to wonder why this system is taking so long to end (compare Habakkuk 1:2-4) but we need to look at the big picture and realize that Jehovah knows the entire situation much better than we do.

We have no reason to wonder when Jehovah will finally bring the end of this system of things. He had made this decision over six thousand years ago! Think about that. He has been getting us ready for this for well over 100 years, and when the time comes, he will have our backs, as a people, ‘til the end.

The thing we have to do, of course, is focus on the work we’ve been given, to the best of our ability, and know that Jehovah has had everything all figured out right from the very beginning, and He always has had everything under control. 

With that said, I’m not blind to everything going on out here. But there is no reason to worry about how soon Jehovah will bring the end of this system of things. 

We know that it’s coming, and we know something better than just this life is in store, that’s what makes us all happy; because the chances are great, that we will be able to see these things come to pass with our very own eyes! Amazing Bible prophecies thousands of years old, all being fulfilled right before our eyes! If that doesn’t excite you, and fire you up, I don’t know what will. But it does get me amped up.

And at the end, you better believe that all of us will say: Hallelujah!

That’s my story, Brother Dawid, and I’m sticking to it!

PS: If this intense speech was incomprehensible, you’ll have to read it at least 12 times, then ask the mods to give me a timeout. JK

But seriously though, I really hope this helped you out, wasn’t trying to be hard on you. 😉 Peace ✌️, broham.

Thank you very much brother for this lively expressions of appreciation to all Jehovah´s acts.

Reading your words full of God ´s power, I was thinking about what will help us to wait, it is a fundamental scripture that I encourage to all of us to print them in our hearts and minds: Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, And do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of HIM, and He will make your paths straight." Then, you will experience that when this words are printed in our hearts and minds there is not need to ask when? rather, we will be saying: Thanks Jehovah for the invitation : "Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you" Jas.4:8. Rather than been focus in our behalf we will be focus in Jehovah´s behalf. 

11 minutes ago, franceml said:

Thank you very much brother for this lively expressions of appreciation to all Jehovah´s acts.

Reading your words full of God ´s power, I was thinking about what will help us to wait, it is a fundamental scripture that I encourage to all of us to print them in our hearts and minds: Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, And do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of HIM, and He will make your paths straight." Then, you will experience that when this words are printed in our hearts and minds there is not need to ask when? rather, we will be saying: Thanks Jehovah for the invitation : "Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you" Jas.4:8. Rather than been focus in our behalf we will be focus in Jehovah´s behalf. 

Well said!

Just saying - don't think it can't get worse - not that we want it to, but it really can. This is why we have to keep praying to Jehovah every day for his kingdom to come!!

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

56 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Just saying - don't think it can't get worse - not that we want it to, but it really can. This is why we have to keep praying to Jehovah every day for his kingdom to come!!

Agree ... and it could overnight too. Also, it depends on the country as well. Sodom and Gomorrah was a limited region. But we have countries where Sisters are sexually assaulted, brothers and sisters are experiencing violence, starvation on levels that are just terrible. (Thinking of Venezuela among others) ... it could depend where you are. When Jehovah punished Sodom and Gomorrah, there may well have been ones from surrounding areas who could have said: "Well I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad!" 

I have to say I've noticed a vast difference post covid. More homeless, public domestics, abuse at the carts, open drug using/sales (once in a car right in front of the carts), when NZ starts to get bad like this - I have to wonder what other countries in the world are like. 

5 minutes ago, bystander said:

I expect a limited nuclear world war in the next few years. 

Yeah, me too. I know many members here have objected to that idea, but military technology is no doubt changing every day, so a limited nuclear war doesn't necessarily mean the end of the earth.

BTW: Is your congregation assigned to the Special Convention?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

57 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Yeah, me too. I know many members here have objected to that idea, but military technology is no doubt changing every day, so a limited nuclear war doesn't necessarily mean the end of the earth.

Yes. 

14 hours ago, JennyM said:

Several of my dear  zealous jw friends have died even at 52... Im 42.. I feel like I only have 10 yrs to live left. 

Believe it or not you have more years than I have -  and I am the one taking  40+ supplements  to feel the way I do - our food doesn't have the nutritional value it use to have ,feel like a 50 yr old

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Do you know of a Special Convention next to a limited nuclear warfare plant by chance? Or you just changing subject?

Edited by Ahuvah

3 hours ago, WD-40 said:

No but it is still scary of the containmation  - Jehovah can reverse it - the master chemist, the master designer , the master of everything and anything , PERIOD !

Yes he can reverse it, or get out out of that area. Jehovah did not reverse the contamination when nuclear disaster at Chernobyl in 1986.  Sometimes he let stupidity rules so others need to realize  that we need only him.

18 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Yes he can reverse it, or get out out of that area. Jehovah did not reverse the contamination when nuclear disaster at Chernobyl in 1986.  Sometimes he let stupidity rules so others need to realize  that we need only him.

You are correct man can't do it on his own , we need Jehovah's hand and his help

48 minutes ago, JennyM said:

how long? 

Soon, sister. Let's take heart, the King is coming. 

I recently rewatched AM from 2014, a gem that gives a lot of strength. A decade has passed since then, a billion internal changes, a global pandemic in between and yet the zeal of our brothers of the GB has not changed. 
Very very invigorating, I recommend.

54 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Since UM of Michigan and Notre Dame lost their games yesterday, I think Midwest of USA might be the first spot where Armageddon will start. Their fans cannot hold up any longer physically and emotionally. God must step in.

It was tough here in michigan thats for sure haha

But youre right if not armageddon, it feels like the great tribulation has hit the area, everyones struggling right now here! 31-12...it felt like peace and security for us when we won the national championship last year though, then sudden destruction is upon us michigan fans this year hahaha

Yesterday we had the circuit assembly with CO.  He illustrated something important that I did not know.  He said,

"When there is an aircraft carrier for military planes to land, how do they do it.  Do they slow down so they won't miss the ship?  No.  They speed up!  The reason being if they slow down they can hit the cable and not have enough room to turn around. Might be disastrous.  So....they speed up to land and if they miss their landing they circle around again and come back...Friends, tighten up your seat belts and put your seats in upward position, we are about to land in Paradise."

He emphasized the importance to understand the GT is about to strike.  He said Jehovah knows what we are going through.  Don't lose heart, continue in your preaching and teaching and personal studies to strengthen your faith because we are going in soon.