JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

20 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes, but they are easily deceived. 

It's actually shocking to know how many believe in conspiracy theories or similar. 

I understand what you are saying but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a length of time after the UN receives authority from the kings of the earth until it uses that authority to destroy BTG. It makes sense that the religions of the world would support the UN efforts to ensure peace in the world long enough that everyone will believe the UN is the answer to mankind's problems. When all the religions in the world point to everything the UN has done and declare there is P&S because of the UN, then Jehovah will destroy them for not proclaiming his Kingdom is the answer. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I understand what you are saying but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a length of time after the UN receives authority from the kings of the earth until it uses that authority to destroy BTG. It makes sense that the religions of the world would support the UN efforts to ensure peace in the world long enough that everyone will believe the UN is the answer to mankind's problems. When all the religions in the world point to everything the UN has done and declare there is P&S because of the UN, then Jehovah will destroy them for not proclaiming his Kingdom is the answer. 

Anything is possible Richard. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Maybe religions will make a grab for power and that's why they will be targeted. 

14 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Maybe religions will make a grab for power and that's why they will be targeted. 

Or carry out fanatical terrorist attacks were innocent populations are badly affected 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I always figured the un would “claim” they were the reason the jews and Muslims stopped fighting if they can “resolve” this Israel Gaza situation claiming peace and then the two sides, like two bratty kids who can’t stop getting the last word with each other, go at it again and the un says “ok enough bye bye religion you had your chance”

great now I totally went full speculation mode lovely lol

Edited by sully313

5 minutes ago, sully313 said:

I always figured the un would “claim” they were the reason the jews and Muslims stopped fighting if they can “resolve” this Israel Gaza situation claiming peace and then the two sides, like two bratty kids who can’t stop getting the last word with each other, go at it again and the un says “ok enough bye bye religion you had your chance”

Like your words bratty children . Here's mine  : the three stooges

“Peace and security”

I tend to think at this point in history, people believe what suits their agenda. If they want to believe mankind will solve it all…fine and dandy. 

Most of what is swirling around is not based on truth, anyway. For them, this is a choice, and, thus normal. 
We will stand out as, “abnormal”, perhaps, because we have insight from Jehovah, and actually know what is going on. 
Eventually we will really stand out, and, yes, Jehovah will take action. 
In the meantime, these things, “must” take place. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

We had protests here in Melbourne this weekend. 

People were displaying Hezbollah flags and pictures of it's killed now leader. 

The government is furious, and common people on the "radio talk" call for outright deportations. 

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese noted the "worrying signs" over the weekend and said his government did not want to see "radical ideologies and conflict" in Australia.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-30/hezbollah-flag-melbourne-gaza-lebanon-rally-afp-police/104412306

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

The government is furious, and common people on the "radio talk" call for outright deportations. 

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese noted the "worrying signs" over the weekend and said his government did not want to see "radical ideologies and conflict" in Australia.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-30/hezbollah-flag-melbourne-gaza-lebanon-rally-afp-police/104412306

This will spread fast worldwide 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

If I remember, I think book of revelation said that war is a business. 

The pandemic became a huge business.  Present adminstration use all the available funds. 

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

and obviously, religion is the cause of conflicts 

I read an interesting article in "The Guardian" dated Mon. Sept. 30, 2024. It was written by Jamal Benomar, former UN Undersecretary General. He said the UN is failing to prevent or mediate conflicts. The Pact for the Future document is nothing more than rehashed and recycled wording from previous UN documents. The UN fails to address reasons for its decline, it lacks answers for global problems and there is deadlock at the Security Council. In other words, the UN has been and is currently a failure, ineffective and unable to do much of anything other than hold meetings and write reports. But the time will come when the UN gains strength and authority from member nations to act. Its very important now to be watchful how this unfolds.

13 hours ago, sully313 said:

There is another way of looking at this.

Perhaps the UN actually does stop the fighting, and it isn't an empty 'claim'. Perhaps the UN does unite the world leaders to clean up the environment and it does solve some of the world's problems. Perhaps the UN gives everyone in the world, including the religious leaders, a solid reason to believe it can provide P&S for the world. It doesn't have to be an empty 'claim' to fulfill bible prophecy. However, we know the UN cannot sustain any P&S it provides because only Jehovah can do that.

Now imagine the religious leaders of the world fully supporting the UN instead of God's Kingdom, like an adulterous wife moving in with her boyfriend, her adultery will be complete.

Now imagine the world religious leaders telling the UN how to do its job. The UN could turn on BTG simply because she isn't needed anymore and is interfering with its goal to maintain P&S. It doesn't take a new religious war to get the beast to turn on the harlot, it may simply be tired of being told what to do by a drunken mistress.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/29/2024 at 4:17 PM, Tortuga said:

People aren't stupid, so it makes you wonder why they would believe a declaration of P&S. Perhaps the UN receives the authority from the member nations to resolve some of the current wars and then uses that authority for several years to maintain a global P&S. The UN may do many great and wonderful things and look like it could continue to maintain P&S, but we know that it isn't a true P&S because only Jehovah can do that. 

I'm really curious to see how long the UN has the authority from the kings of the earth before it attacks BTG and how much good it does for mankind. There must be a logical reason and evidence for people to believe the declaration of P&S. 

Would a length of time between the UN proclaiming Peace and Security and them destroying Babylon the Great fit with the scripture that after the P&S proclamation "Sudden destruction is to be instantly on them"? 

The Study Bible says, "Paul here indicates that there will be little or no time between the proclamation of “peace and security” and the destruction that will come upon those making that cry. It will be sudden and inescapable. The Greek phrase contains two terms (rendered “sudden” and “be instantly on”) to emphasize the striking suddenness with which the destruction will come. A similar combination of terms appears at Lu 21:34, where the coming of Jehovah’s day is described."

8 hours ago, Firefly said:

Would a length of time between the UN proclaiming Peace and Security and them destroying Babylon the Great fit with the scripture that after the P&S proclamation "Sudden destruction is to be instantly on them"? 

The Study Bible says, "Paul here indicates that there will be little or no time between the proclamation of “peace and security” and the destruction that will come upon those making that cry. It will be sudden and inescapable. The Greek phrase contains two terms (rendered “sudden” and “be instantly on”) to emphasize the striking suddenness with which the destruction will come. A similar combination of terms appears at Lu 21:34, where the coming of Jehovah’s day is described."

Very good point, I was contemplating similar thought. 

30 minutes ago, Firefly said:

It seems that the UN could be reformed with enough power to bring a measure of P&S before that declaration is made in a way that fulfills prophecy. It's possible that people will believe an empty promise that the UN will bring P&S, but it seems more logical they would believe that declaration if the UN spent several years delivering P&S.  Is it possible that declaration is what they have done, not what they will do?

Edited by Tortuga

4 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Are you ready for the next emergency?  Anyone watching the dockworker strike that is unfolding?

These things could be about to get very expensive...

image.thumb.png.5cd9900d0cb827da8d24c8822721855d.png

The strike is to start on October 1.     From what I read, the longshoremen are demanding an 80% raise in pay and a permanent ban on automation that can replace human labor.

Also, I seem to remember something about other unions around the world striking in solidarity.

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

The strike is to start on October 1.     From what I read, the longshoremen are demanding an 80% raise in pay and a permanent ban on automation that can replace human labor.

Also, I seem to remember something about other unions around the world striking in solidarity.

Might as well throw our money out in the street ,it's almost not worth anything .I'm ready to take a walk to the new world ,slowly ,of course. Just a little tired of the news -man not knowing which way to turn .I think I'll leave what material possessions I have , take my Bible and soundboard and go .What's that ? You want to come along ?    Sure