JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 minute ago, cme said:

The government could falter next month.  Social Security checks for seniors that are retired will possibly be hindered.

They do that every year.  Drama for the sake of distraction and/or votes.  They'll "stay up till 2am working hard for you" and suddenly come to an agreement and all will be fine.

Edited by computerwiz

1 minute ago, cme said:

The government could falter next month.  Social Security checks for seniors that are retired will possibly be hindered.

I keep thinking..."it's The Great Tribulation" it's got to get worse.  Then I get anxious...Am I ready?  

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

True, I'm reading the mwm and one of the topics is "Are you prepared for an Economic Crisis"?  The Society must be aware of something coming down the pike here.

We know that at some point the days that we are expecting will be here.  Everything is becoming unglued before our very eyes.  My husband is calm about the whole matter.  We are prepared economically but, there are friends that are not.

Sorry, guess I am just to worried as I see the system wind down.

12 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Money is increasingly digital and paper bills are disappearing, I think it's important to have physical money saved for emergencies and not just depend on virtual money

Yep!  Thats what we did!

41 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Money is increasingly digital and paper bills are disappearing, I think it's important to have physical money saved for emergencies and not just depend on virtual money

good point,

Screenshot_20230509_223952_Google.thumb.jpg.fd5b381e961fed71e59b57e24a9b34d3.jpg

48 minutes ago, Loyal said:

It was very helpful when ukrainians fleed last year from Ukraine! The ones with paper money could get suplies

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Indeed.  Haven't had our meeting yet, but I saw the article.  And then I saw about storing a reasonable supply of food.  And now I'm thinking about telling people about MREs that you can store in the attic that can withstand heat & cold and will be good for 5 years.  But now I have to restrain myself from hijacking another thread.....  :cry:

oh yeah Somebody stop me GIF

But yeah, the fact that we have to think about these things, and how we are constantly being reminded to "get ready" "get ready" "get ready" should tell us how close we are!!

This particular part has nothing to do with GT

It’s a practical reminder to be prepared for Economic Crisis, and any other emergency. Even here in Melbourne we had small earthquake last year, and as a group overseer, I had to contact and check on everyone if they are  ok. Later I confirmed with COBE that my group is fine. That’s why is so important to provide emergency contacts to your elders. Some “principles” from this part can be applied to GT, no doubt about it. But it remains to be seen what directions we are going to receive in the future. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, cme said:

Sim! Foi o que fizemos!

Things change very fast like overnight, we need to be on our guard 

26 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Foi muito útil quando os ucranianos fugiram da Ucrânia no ano passado! Aqueles com papel-moeda poderiam obter suprimentos

Let's do the same thing. 

“Like the vast majority of people on the planet, we want to see a future of peace, freedom and stability,” Putin said that the victory parade.

https://goachronicle.com/russia-wants-to-see-stable-peaceful-future-putin/

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said peace negotiations to end the conflict in Ukraine were "not possible at this moment," in an interview published by Spanish daily El Pais on Tuesday."It is clear that the [two] parties are completely absorbed in this war" and "are convinced that they can win," the UN chief was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

"Universal values, principles and ideas which unite us as the human family... have not been under so much threat since the creation of the United Nations," Guterres said.

"That's why we have to raise our voice and reaffirm our values. And above all, we need peace," he added.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/05/09/un-chief-says-ukraine-peace-talks-not-possible-right-now-a81079

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Russian President has a particular view of the World, where he believes he ´s a sort of messiah, a savior of the good morals, against nazis, lgbt+ moovements etc. 

Soviet Union used to be non-religious. Yet, Putin has promoted the Orthodox religion. Shoigu has entered the parade with the cross signel on his chest... 

I believe that order to promote peace and security polititian leaders will be forced to wipe out religion from the face of the Earth. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Putin has promoted the Orthodox religion. Shoigu has entered the parade with the cross signel on his chest... 

I believe that order to promote peace and security polititian leaders will be forced to wipe out religion from the face of the Earth. 

A part of the coronation ceremony , Charles read the oath which included allegiance to the Church of England.

The harlot rides the wild beast.   For now.

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Russian President has a particular view of the World, where he believes he ´s a sort of messiah, a savior of the good morals, against nazis, lgbt+ moovements etc. 

Soviet Union used to be non-religious. Yet, Putin has promoted the Orthodox religion. Shoigu has entered the parade with the cross signel on his chest... 

It matters who will say P&S and if religious leaders be involve in this too. We have to wait and see.

So....in retrospect the stage is set.  We see the characters and the story or narrative.  This is important because we know how all this will end.

Its like when the first early christians saw the "disgusting thing standing in the holy place" they were able to identify the scenario before them and waited on Jehovah for the next move.

At any point if one of these two countries or both decide to call a truce or, the UN in one way or another can quell this war then "peace and security" can be a possibility.

Jehovah can use and do whatever in order to bring this system to a close.

However, as we all can see many chips are on the table here.  We are waiting for certain important moves to take place.

The end of this system is certainly in sight.

3 hours ago, cme said:

we know how all this will end.

Yes! That´s the truth! It´s amazing!!

We were at the mid-week meeting and my 11 y/o daughter suddenly began crying.  My wife asked me to take her to the back to see what was wrong.  She got a little worse when we got back there.  Turns out she was traumatized by our basement video.  She was expecting our doors to burst open any minute and soldiers come in and take me and her mom away.

I reminded her using JW Library app of the order of events that need to happen before that even occurs.  Peace and security.  It'll take more than a week for the whole world to be fooled by it.  The destruction of Babylon the Great.  Those days will be cut short for us.  False, not true religion will suffer from those days.  Then the judgement message, celestial signs, and the attack she's worried about.  It helped put things in perspective for me. 

The cry of P&S are going to come as a surprise to everyone, including us.  So, we can't look at single events and say, "It's definitely coming".  Also, so she won't be stressed out by certain events, I told her to ask herself, "with this seemingly huge news event happened in this country, would our sister @Sofia and our brother @carlos both of whom live in Europe notice anything happened if they skipped the news?  Would @Ishaya in Nigeria, or @New World Explorer in Australia, or @JennyM in Philippines see changes where they live?  It's going to be a series of global events that triggers the call, not  national ones affecting one country, no matter how powerful it is.  This works for me also.  On the flip side, the number of events happening in countries that have global effects has increased...a lot.  

7 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

We were at the mid-week meeting and my 11 y/o daughter suddenly began crying.  My wife asked me to take her to the back to see what was wrong.  She got a little worse when we got back there.  Turns out she was traumatized by our basement video.  She was expecting our doors to burst open any minute and soldiers come in and take me and her mom away.

Im sorry about your daughter. But the content of the media in my country is more terrifying now. Ex: children at school are having nosebleed due to the heat. Its summer now and the heat is intensifying.  So many heatstroke and people collapse

Unfortunately, a 50 year old sister is in comatose right now. She has stroke. Most likely triggered by intense hot weather. 

We will be facing a global crisis soon like the global debt crisis that will lead to global economic crisis. and the most important posession is our relationship with Jehovah. 

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

Im sorry about your daughter. But the content of the media in my country is more terrifying now. Ex: children at school are having nosebleed due to the heat. Its summer now and the heat is intensifying.  So many heatstroke and people collapse

Unfortunately, a 50 year old sister is in comatose right now. She has stroke. Most likely triggered by intense hot weather. 

We will be facing a global crisis soon like the global debt crisis that will lead to global economic crisis. and the most important posession is our relationship with Jehovah. 

I hope the best for her and be very careful too my sis.

14 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I reminded her using JW Library app of the order of events that need to happen before that even occurs.  Peace and security.  It'll take more than a week for the whole world to be fooled by it.  The destruction of Babylon the Great.  Those days will be cut short for us.  False, not true religion will suffer from those days.  Then the judgement message, celestial signs, and the attack she's worried about.  It helped put things in perspective for me. 

The cry of P&S are going to come as a surprise to everyone, including us.  So, we can't look at single events and say, "It's definitely coming".  Also, so she won't be stressed out by certain events, I told her to ask herself, "with this seemingly huge news event happened in this country, would our sister @Sofia and our brother @carlos both of whom live in Europe notice anything happened if they skipped the news?  Would @Ishaya in Nigeria, or @New World Explorer in Australia, or @JennyM in Philippines see changes where they live?  It's going to be a series of global events that triggers the call, not  national ones affecting one country, no matter how powerful it is.  This works for me also.  On the flip side, the number of events happening in countries that have global effects has increased...a lot.  

This is so touching,

thank you very much Bro Jeff for sharing this experience with your daughter.

Sometimes we tend to not think that our kids are actually following up on what we are learning at meetings.this experience shows that our little ones are actually paying attention and may probably be struggling to make sense of it.

This reminds us that we may need also to give more attention in preparing our kids adequately for the coming of the Great tribulation.

Much of the explanations we receive about GT seen to be tailored towards the adult publisher's understanding,so kids may really struggle to understand these things and they may end up even interpreting it in their own way.

So how can we prepare our children for the Great tribulation.

>First we need to be deliberate about it.

>Secondly we need to be sure they really understand what GT is.

We need to help them understand that although it may look terrifying,BUT it is the beginning of something good for Jehovah's people.

>thirdly we need to help them understand that Jehovah will protect his people during the Great tribulation.so if Mom and Dad gets taken during GT,don't be worried because they will return back,Jehovah will surely keep them safe.

This is important so that our kids already know what to expect during GT and how not to let it discourage them.

>Fourthly,we may need to train our children to be close to their brothers and sisters in the congregation and to see them as members of the family.so even if Mom and Dad are not there,they need to know that those brothers and sisters that will be there with them will take very care of them until Mom and Dad return back.

I am hopeful that experiences with our kids will encourage the FDS to see the need and methods to tailor subsequent articles on GT with the young minds ones in mind.