JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

4 hours ago, LindaViktoria said:

It is also interesting what is happening in Niger. Several countries in Africa dont want to be under France’s government. They are turning to Russia because they are tired of France only taking their resources and leaving them with poverty. The former French colonies are the poorest countries in Africa they say. Niger produces uranium for France and now France is afraid that the coup they had in Niger will make them loose this and that more countries will follow and turn to Russia instead. 
In Daniel 11: 43 it says that libyans and ethiopians Will follow the king of the North. I looked up libyans and ethiopians on WOL, and in the Bible that can mean not just specifically people from those countries but also africans from the areas around those countries. 
I just think it is so interesting to see the prophesies get fulfilled in front of our eyes. 

This article talks about how Russia is trying to get partners in Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya and other African countries to get different advanteges. 
https://africacenter.org/spotlight/lavrovs-trip-to-africa-posture-over-substance-when-posture-matters-most/

This really shows how close we are. Daniel 11:44-45 is soon here. And then: Daniel 12:1

Yep

Screenshot_20230811-113609_Telegram.jpg

Screenshot_20230811-113645_Telegram.jpg

18 hours ago, Loyal said:

The Anglo-American power is the final part of the body of the statue of Daniel, together with the clay, the UN will not become a world power after those who are present, all together will be destroyed at Armageddon

Very true, chapter 35 of the Revelation book paragraphs 8-10 explains it well.

Paragraphs 11-14 explain how this Eighth king gets it's one hour of authority.

Like I said 👀

Screenshot_20230811-114456_JW Library.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

NATO isn't a government. Plus it's comprised of most of those other governments listed. So it would be out of place to depict NATO in that list of governments 

Oh right. Thank you so much for your explanation :) 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Loyal said:

One of the saddest feelings is having relatives who do not serve Jehovah and do not accept studying, their time is also running out,Why Jehovah's Patience Means Salvation 

It is. Im a papa's girl. I am the first jw in the family. My brother and mom followed but not yet my father and my daughter. The only thing that i can do is to pray. 

9 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Many of us understand how you are feeling @JennyM. My son is df'd he has a girlfriend and I have 3  grandchildren (oldest is 6) by him. Hoping he turns around before the end because it will save him and his children. 

We do the best that we can but Jehovah will do the rest. 

We primarily live for Jehovah not for another human being. We take care of our family because it pleases Him. 

We can provide ransom for them. 

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

It is. Im a papa's girl. I am the first jw in the family. My brother and mom followed but not yet my father and my daughter. The only thing that i can do is to pray

16 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Many of us understand how you are feeling @JennyM. My son is df'd he has a girlfriend and I have 3  grandchildren (oldest is 6) by him. Hoping he turns around before the end because it will save him and his children. 

5 minutes ago, JennyM said:

We do the best that we can but Jehovah will do the rest.

I hope this is encouraging.  I've had many many times I felt this way about family or my friend's family, and I've been able to see why Jehovah is patient.  My uncle was deeply opposed to my aunt going to meetings.  Then, suddenly, he started supporting the brothers in the kingdom hall builds.  This was when we were doing the 2-day quick builds.  He was always there providing materials from his company.  He stopped raising a fuss about my aunt spending so much time at our assemblies and conventions.  He never studied, but he made sure he always supported the brothers when they were in need.  He had a sudden heart attack, and, as he was dying on the gurney in the ambulance, he cried out, "Jehovah!  Jehovah!  If you resurrect me, I promise I'll be good!'  Through his previous actions, I'm very certain we'll be holding him to his promise to be good in the new world.

My dad, an atheist, only grudgingly gave me his approval to get baptized when I sat at the kitchen table at 16 years old crying like a baby, with my mom rubbing it in his face that he is being a bad father right now.  Then, suddenly, he started interrogating me every time I stayed home from the meetings because I was sick, to see if I was lying.  One day, he even made me go to the meeting for field service because he didn't know my mom gave me the day off to watch Saturday morning cartoons because I did so well in field service the previous month.  He died from diabetes months after starting to wonder if Jehovah really exists.  He even went to one day of our circuit assembly.

My wife's good friend had a husband that wouldn't let any of us discuss anything spiritual in his house.  We eventually moved away and joined another congregation.  When we visited our old congregation, there was my wife's friend, with her husband, who had a huge grin on his face.  I teased him, asking if he missed me that much, and he told me that he was giving his first talk in the Theocratic Ministry School.  He opposed her for 20 years, and then, in a blink of an eye, he's going in field service, getting baptized, and giving talks.  

So, I've learned that there's always hope.  Sometimes all you need is time and a silent witness.  It also provides a huge boost when you've had it up to your eyeballs with this system's badness and you want it to stop, because you can't take it anymore.  I've and others have been there, and after something like this happens, we can take it for a little longer.

1 hour ago, Frances Bennett said:

hidden treasures

Oil and gas too among other riches like gold and other elements.
GB has explained lately that it’s connected to cyberattacks as well.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 8/11/2023 at 1:07 AM, LindaViktoria said:

It is also interesting what is happening in Niger. Several countries in Africa dont want to be under France’s government. They are turning to Russia because they are tired of France only taking their resources and leaving them with poverty. The former French colonies are the poorest countries in Africa they say. Niger produces uranium for France and now France is afraid that the coup they had in Niger will make them loose this and that more countries will follow and turn to Russia instead. 
In Daniel 11: 43 it says that libyans and ethiopians Will follow the king of the North. I looked up libyans and ethiopians on WOL, and in the Bible that can mean not just specifically people from those countries but also africans from the areas around those countries. 
I just think it is so interesting to see the prophesies get fulfilled in front of our eyes. 

This article talks about how Russia is trying to get partners in Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya and other African countries to get different advanteges. 
https://africacenter.org/spotlight/lavrovs-trip-to-africa-posture-over-substance-when-posture-matters-most/

This really shows how close we are. Daniel 11:44-45 is soon here. And then: Daniel 12:1

I got excited when I first read this. But I had forgotten that Egypt is symbolic for the king of the south in Daniel. The neighboring African countries are symbolic for the Allies of the king of the south 😊

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

5 hours ago, *Jack* said:

I got excited when I first read this. But I had forgotten that Egypt is symbolic for the king of the south in Daniel. The neighboring African countries are symbolic for the Allies of the king of the south 😊

Yeah, it's symbolical... still, until now, Africa was mostly under KotS influence.

7 hours ago, *Jack* said:

But verse 40 and forward talks about the king of the north. Am I misunderstanding it?

2 hours ago, LindaViktoria said:

But verse 40 and forward talks about the king of the north. Am I misunderstanding it?

Verse 40 speaks mostly about the time of the end specially when Russia and its Allie’s became the KOTN in 1991. Though Russia has atained its independence from the Soviet Union in June 1990 which has precipitated the fast extinction of the USSR in December 1991

6 hours ago, LindaViktoria said:

Verses 40-43 mainly talk about the king of the north and how his actions affect God’s people and the KOTS. Keep in mind that the identity of the KOTN changes in these verses (however, the identity of the KOTS remains the same). For example, 3 different kings have entered “the land of the decoration” as mentioned in verse 41. (see paragraph eight)

Also, verses 42,43 have had different fulfillments, one being the Vietnam war. Verses 44,45 however, talk about the last KOTN, or the one that will be in power during the great tribulation. The slave has said that Russia “may well be the last” KOTN. I hope this helps 😊

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020401?q=soviet+union+king+of+the+north&p=par

Edited by *Jack*

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Jusr saw a video of a south american leader saying they are willing o give up some governmental rights to help the UN with its climate change agenda as all governments of the world have to make consessions for the climate change rules to work.

I .m not a climate changebeliever but whatever... Thats thier thinking.

2 hours ago, *Jack* said:

Verses 40-43 mainly talk about the king of the north and how his actions affect God’s people and the KOTS. Keep in mind that the identity of the KOTN changes in these verses (however, the identity of the KOTS remains the same). For example, 3 different kings have entered “the land of the decoration” as mentioned in verse 41. (see paragraph eight)

Also, verses 42,43 have had different fulfillments, one being the Vietnam war. Verses 44,45 however, talk about the last KOTN, or the one that will be in power during the great tribulation. The slave has said that Russia “may well be the last” KOTN. I hope this helps 😊

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020401?q=soviet+union+king+of+the+north&p=par

*** w20 May p. 15 par. 15 Who Is “the King of the North” Today? ***
15 This hard-hitting message and the final attack by God’s enemies may be the same events referred to at Daniel 11:44, 45. (Read.) There, Daniel says that “reports out of the east and out of the north” disturb the king of the north, who goes off in “a great rage.” The king of the north intends “to devote many to destruction.” The “many” referred to seem to be Jehovah’s people.c Daniel may here be describing the final all-out assault on God’s people.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2020401&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=25

what I don’t understand is that if Gog is a coalition of nations assaulting God s people, why does this prophecy states that it’s only the KOTN that comes in rage to kill many and plant his tents etc and reaches its end with no helper … and the KOTS is not mentioned. 🤔 

I guess some prophecies will be fully understood when they are in fullfillment.

32 minutes ago, Sofia said:

*** w20 May p. 15 par. 15 Who Is “the King of the North” Today? ***
15 This hard-hitting message and the final attack by God’s enemies may be the same events referred to at Daniel 11:44, 45. (Read.) There, Daniel says that “reports out of the east and out of the north” disturb the king of the north, who goes off in “a great rage.” The king of the north intends “to devote many to destruction.” The “many” referred to seem to be Jehovah’s people.c Daniel may here be describing the final all-out assault on God’s people.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2020401&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=25

what I don’t understand is that if Gog is a coalition of nations assaulting God s people, why does this prophecy states that it’s only the KOTN that comes in rage to kill many and plant his tents etc and reaches its end with no helper … and the KOTS is not mentioned. 🤔 

I guess some prophecies will be fully understood when they are in fullfillment.

Daniel 11:44,45 focus mainly of the KOTN and like Daniel 2:34 focus on the KOTS. In all, both of them are doomed with all the nations Daniel 2:44.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Sophia, even now KOTN is displaying hostile attitude towards those who worship Jehovah. (While KOTS allows us to worship in peace)

So perhaps KOTN's already hostile attitude will be amplified to the stage of "rage" when coalition attacks. 

According to the Watchtower both KOTN and KOTS will be displaying rage to certain extent:

Jehovah’s faithful servants will stand out as different during that desperate time of tribulation. They will still be the only group of people on earth serving Jehovah God and refusing to give their support to “the wild beast.” (Rev. 13:14-17) Their firm stand will provoke the rage of those who oppose Jehovah. As a result, a coalition of nations will attack God’s people all over the earth. This act of mad aggression is described prophetically as the attack of Gog of Magog.—Ezek. 38:14-16.W22 May

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Sophia, even now KOTN is displaying hostile attitude towards those who worship Jehovah. (While KOTS allows us to worship in peace)

So perhaps KOTN's already hostile attitude will be amplified to the stage of "rage" when coalition attacks. 

According to the Watchtower both KOTN and KOTS will be displaying rage to certain extent:

Jehovah’s faithful servants will stand out as different during that desperate time of tribulation. They will still be the only group of people on earth serving Jehovah God and refusing to give their support to “the wild beast.” (Rev. 13:14-17) Their firm stand will provoke the rage of those who oppose Jehovah. As a result, a coalition of nations will attack God’s people all over the earth. This act of mad aggression is described prophetically as the attack of Gog of Magog.—Ezek. 38:14-16.W22 May

Yes both and revelation even show all kings of the Earth against the lamb and the 144,000

but my question remains: if BOTH kings joined efforts to create the disgusting thing, why does the prophecy states only KOTN final attack against the Holy mountain ?

why not together KOTN and KOTS 

if I’m alive by then I’m sure curious to see how it unfolds!

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Daniel 11:44,45 focus mainly of the KOTN and like Daniel 2:34 focus on the KOTS. In all, both of them are doomed with all the nations Daniel 2:44.

Thank you 😊