JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

36 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

But Russia does the training and executes what was trained, they don't play, this is a threat, it is very dangerous

They trained with this in 2014,2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 .. did they execute? 

They do this every year for military preparedness. 

Like I said before, US does the same. 

Media often adds "hype and wow, reporting style" to get attention. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

They trained with this in 2014,2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 .. did they execute? 

They do this every year for military preparedness. 

Like I said before, US does the same. 

Media often adds "hype and wow, reporting style" to get attention. 

The better headline would have been "Russia withdraws from the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty"

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

36 minutes ago, JennyM said:

No Action Talk Only 

NATO?

:whistling::D

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

56 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

That's just what the public sees...

I restrain myself from posting rumors.  But no matter what, it is guaranteed things are happening behind the scenes.  😉

Exactly what I was thinking. A lot of things happens behind the curtains that we know nothing about. And then suddenly out of the blue something is presented to the public.

1 hour ago, LindaViktoria said:

A lot of things happens behind the curtains that we know nothing about. And then suddenly out of the blue something is presented to the public.

Here's an verifiable example:

You know about those "triangular UFOs" that were reported in the news?  Our "alien" visitors?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en

The science and technology that the government has is waaay beyond what we think we have.  Surprisingly, some things, like the above, are out there open for all to see.  Anyone can lookup these weird triangular crafts that the government is working on.  Yet, most people are gonna believe "UFO" before they believe "advanced government craft".  

We had tech back in the 1960s....a satellite that could read a document in someone's hands, from space!  You think they stopped working on tech like that?  That that was enough?  Now we're hearing about tech with AI that lets them see inside buildings by reading Wi-Fi signals.  If we are hearing about that now...you bet that have even MORE advanced stuff already.

Yes....there is much that happens behind the scenes.  What the public sees is just for entertainment.  That is why most will be caught by surprise.  But we keep on the watch!

52 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

We had tech back in the 1960s....a satellite that could read a document in someone's hands, from space!  Y

Please provide a "credible" source of information that shows that they had that capability to read a doc in someone's hands back in the 60's.

15 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

Please provide a "credible" source of information that shows that they had that capability to read a doc in someone's hands back in the 60's.

July 29, 1966, they launched the KH-8 satellite, which was capable of seeing a golf ball-sized object.

https://www.thespacereview.com/article/1283/1

That is just what is known and discussed.  I don't know if you could actually find something that says that.  And of course I'm sure they would reveal crucial military secrets to the public so that we can satisfy our curiosity and "trust" them.  But again, even if that was the limits back then....do you really think they stopped there?  They've had over 50+ years to refine that tech.

Here's something more recent: https://www.cnet.com/science/turns-out-satellite-surveillance-only-sounds-like-a-major-privacy-concern/

image.png.0d03881d28f9ca4ae0e177cab232700e.png

That's some pretty good resolution!  Maybe not enough to read text.  But again, that's what experts "believe".  There is much that is hidden from the public.  Just look at AI technology.  This massive explosion of AI everywhere.  Do you think that happened overnight?  No....it would not have been as massively successful.  This tech has been years in the making.  It is only now being released to the public.  And what the government currently has is way more than we'll ever know...

20 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The better headline would have been "Russia withdraws from the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty"

An even better and neutral headline would be ""Russia withdraws from the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty that the USA never ratified"

If I recall correctly the USA also recently had an underground nuclear explosion only to test the nuclear explosion test devices.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

2 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

July 29, 1966, they launched the KH-8 satellite, which was capable of seeing a golf ball-sized object.

https://www.thespacereview.com/article/1283/1

That is just what is known and discussed.  I don't know if you could actually find something that says that.  And of course I'm sure they would reveal crucial military secrets to the public so that we can satisfy our curiosity and "trust" them.  But again, even if that was the limits back then....do you really think they stopped there?  They've had over 50+ years to refine that tech.

Here's something more recent: https://www.cnet.com/science/turns-out-satellite-surveillance-only-sounds-like-a-major-privacy-concern/

image.png.0d03881d28f9ca4ae0e177cab232700e.png

That's some pretty good resolution!  Maybe not enough to read text.  But again, that's what experts "believe".  There is much that is hidden from the public.  Just look at AI technology.  This massive explosion of AI everywhere.  Do you think that happened overnight?  No....it would not have been as massively successful.  This tech has been years in the making.  It is only now being released to the public.  And what the government currently has is way more than we'll ever know...

The KH-8 satellite program, also known as GAMBIT-3, was indeed a series of reconnaissance satellites launched by the United States during the Cold War era. These satellites were designed for high-resolution photographic surveillance of specific targets. The capabilities of these satellites included capturing images with a resolution that could discern objects as small as a few inches in size on the ground.

While it's true that the KH-8 satellites had impressive imaging capabilities for their time, being able to see objects as small as a golf ball from space might be a bit of an overstatement. The specific details about the satellite's exact resolution and what it could discern vary, but it's generally acknowledged that the imaging capabilities were highly advanced for that era. However, the ability to read a document in someone's hands from space might still have been beyond the reach of the technology available at that time.

2 hours ago, computerwiz said:

The science and technology that the government has is waaay beyond what we think they have. If we are hearing about that now...you bet that have even MORE advanced stuff already.

Yes....there is much that happens behind the scenes.  What the public sees is just for entertainment.  That is why most will be caught by surprise.  But we keep on the watch!

Another example:  Masks.

I listened to an interview with a retired woman who had been put in charge of creating realistic masks for the government.  She said they first turned to the special effects people who worked in films.  Mrs. Doubtfire etc.

Then they had to improve on the technology.  They needed a five-second mask or it would be useless.  A mask that could be put on in five seconds with no adjustments needed.  The mask also needed to fold up so it could be concealed in the armpit.  Ultra realistic masks for covert operations.

There's a video out there showing Biden talking to a small group of people.  The video is shot from behind him.  He reaches back and scratches the back of his neck above the collar.  The "skin" on his neck became rather distorted and didn't bounce back to normal for a second or two.  The person narrating the video says "OMG, it's a mask!"   LOL .   .   .

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

looks like topic is derailing to discuss unrelated subjects. 

back to topic

From jw.org:

Russia-Ukraine
9,701 civilians killed and 17,748 injured in 19 months

Gaza-Israel
6,400 killed and 15,200 injured in 16 days

The killing machine is being perfectioned

15 hours ago, Paulo said:

back to topic

From jw.org:

Russia-Ukraine
9,701 civilians killed and 17,748 injured in 19 months

Gaza-Israel
6,400 killed and 15,200 injured in 16 days

The killing machine is being perfectioned

thats horrible,

but not surprising

Verdun 1916,

over 700.000 killed in one battle

Edited by jps

1 hour ago, jps said:

thats horrible,

but not surprising

Verdun 1916,

over 700.000 killed in one battle

The jw.org article is not about soldiers deaths but civilians deaths.