JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

48 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

There's now a netflix series called Mysteries of the Faith the Vatican is giving unprecedented access to some of the most famous holy relics.

Thanks. That should be interesting. I’ll check it out. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Lately.....with all that is happening, this war in Israel, Ukraine and our borders being flooded with so much migrants from all over the world,  my thoughts are racing and I can't keep up with them.

I'm constantly praying to Jehovah but, this last news....the bomb at the convention in India just sent me reeling to bed.

I'm trying to remain focused on Jehovah.  Really!!!

One thing I am happy about is that my bible student is now an unbaptized publisher and her husband is also attending the meetings.  He won't take a bible study but, a funny thing happened yesterday.

My husband and I went to give her the studies and my husband asked her a question from the book and he answered.  Go figure.  So he also had a bible study.  He just doesn't know it.  :)

People are coming in at the last minute and, it gives me hope and solice.

10 minutes ago, cme said:

I'm constantly praying to Jehovah but, this last news....the bomb at the convention in India just sent me reeling to bed.

I know exactly what you mean. This morning I just broke down.  There's just too many to pray for.  But I know Jehovah is comforting our brothers and sisters. And those that fall asleep in death, he will undo that in the resurrection.  Can't you tell that Satan knows it's close?  The world is just awful.

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

I found this experience encouraging despite the news. Hopefully you will too. 

Peter and Sue Schulz: A Trauma Can Be Overcome

6 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

I know exactly what you mean. This morning I just broke down.  There's just too many to pray for.  But I know Jehovah is comforting our brothers and sisters. And those that fall asleep in death, he will undo that in the resurrection.  Can't you tell that Satan knows it's close?  The world is just awful.

6 minutes ago, cme said:

I can't wrap my head around all that is happening.  And.....this is not the GT....yet.  If this is a practice run....oh boy.....what's coming up ahead is no joke.

Dear sister, you're so right ! It's not a joke at all but Jehovah is Jehovah, I usually say. We can trust : He will make us strong and courageous. Our faith will be powerful, enough to get through everything. That's right, Carmen, it seems like our brains can no longer register dramatic information. I feel the same as you, sister. It's a struggle. We feel exhausted but deep down we're not.  Jehovah take cares of this.

15 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

Dear sister, you're so right ! It's not a joke at all but Jehovah is Jehovah, I usually say. We can trust : He will make us strong and courageous. Our faith will be powerful, enough to get through everything. That's right, Carmen, it seems like our brains can no longer register dramatic information. I feel the same as you, sister. It's a struggle. We feel exhausted but deep down we're not.  Jehovah take cares of this.

Next year Year Text is here for a reason

1 hour ago, cme said:

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

I know exactly what you mean. This morning I just broke down.  There's just too many to pray for.

In another topic, someone posted a very good, very timely talk from brother George Aljian from the 2017 Don't Give Up convention.  I've re-watched it, and boy it's good!  I'm about to cut it out of the main video so I can have just his talk & save it for future reference.

I may not be quoting him precisely, but he basically says this: "We know why terrible things happen.  We know why God doesn't intervene.  But sometimes trials can take us out of our head and into our hearts.  And that's a treacherous place to be when under opposition or persecution."  Then he goes on to help us to see how to get back into our heads, by reminding ourselves of Bible prophecy.  There's nothing left that we are waiting on to be fulfilled before the GT.  All is in place.  It can come at any moment.

image.png.ca1e0b767f10341db17b0e70a46c88ce.png

image.png.f232ea12239f1bd03afbabbd37db3f53.png

image.png.62e97f722cb851123464bce412ad8e53.png

45 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

it seems like our brains can no longer register dramatic information.

I think about the flood, Sodom & Gomorrah, and the final destruction of Jerusalem.  In all cases, Jehovah's people were separated from the destruction.  It is good for our mental health not to be aware of the fine details.

Unfortunately in our modern world, technology puts the fine details into our faces.  We were not designed to deal with such drama!!  It is no wonder mental health is such an issue!  It is good to know the things that befall our brothers & sisters so we can pray for them.  However, even Mr. Spock here (me) is feeling the weight of all the drama in the world.  If I am feeling it, I can only imagine how heavy it is for others.  It is time to turn off the news.  Brief summaries are good to know for the ministry.  But for our mental health, it is probably best to avoid any specific details.  It may be best at this time to only get the specifics we need from JW.org.  :yes:

Edited by computerwiz

grammatical error

2 minutes ago, cme said:

It says: "an error occurred try again later".

That's weird.  Works fine for me.  Do you have a web filter?  It might block file downloading (or that site).

If you get the same message from another computer/phone/tablet, lemme know.  I can upload my own copy of the video (once I cut just that slice out) and DM it to you...

Edited by computerwiz

9 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

That's weird.  Works fine for me.  Do you have a web filter?  It might block file downloading (or that site).

If you get the same message from another computer/phone/tablet, lemme know.  I can upload my own copy of the video (once I cut just that slice out) and DM it to you...

Once you do that can you also send me the clip. I'm able to watch it myself but would like to share it with some in my family that are going through some hardships. I don't know how to clip the video. 

7 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Brother if I may be a pest...would you  also send me the clip?   I don't know how to clip the video either.  Thank you! 

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

Je l'ai regardé ce matin - merci au frère qui l'a partagé. C'est génial. Moi aussi, j'aimerais avoir une copie du discours si cela ne pose pas trop de problèmes. Merci. 💙

I noted the main sentence: perception does not change reality. If we have the feeling that Jehovah is delaying, it is a perception. The reality is that it won't be long.

17 hours ago, computerwiz said:

In another topic, someone posted a very good, very timely talk from brother George Aljian from the 2017 Don't Give Up convention.  I've re-watched it, and boy it's good!  I'm about to cut it out of the main video so I can have just his talk & save it for future reference.

I may not be quoting him precisely, but he basically says this: "We know why terrible things happen.  We know why God doesn't intervene.  But sometimes trials can take us out of our head and into our hearts.  And that's a treacherous place to be when under opposition or persecution."  Then he goes on to help us to see how to get back into our heads, by reminding ourselves of Bible prophecy.  There's nothing left that we are waiting on to be fulfilled before the GT.  All is in place.  It can come at any moment.

Wow! That talk was given in 2017, which means we are six years closer to Jehovah's Day!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Ms. Piffle said:

Brother if I may be a pest...would you  also send me the clip?   I don't know how to clip the video either.  Thank you! 

5 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I watched it this morning - thank you to the brother who shared it. It is brilliant. I, too, would love a copy of just the talk if it wouldn't be too much of a bother. Thank you. 💙

Sorry....I was reminded about what we have been told:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2018364

That being the case, I cannot in good conscious post it.  But if you were to happen to download that video (before it disappears), I can try to explain how to cut it.  Private message though, we don't want to go off topic here...  :whistling:

:heart:

I loved that part too.  Also, the thought of not making decisions with the heart keeping in mind fulfillment of prophecy.  There were things he mentioned that have been fulfilled I never thought of.  I also have to post this clip of Wile E Coyote.  :)

https://youtu.be/STeVTzWelns?si=pBByRDYKs-Vw6E1Z