JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, johnnyjw01 said:

I’m so stressed, I hope the GT breaks soon 

I pray for that several times a day 🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

18 minutes ago, jps said:

for about 40 years,

i believed that the end will come within 5 years,

nowadays i think it will come within the next 3 years..

"Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow" (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

1 hour ago, Landon1285 said:

"Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow" (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

But also keep in mind Jehovah's day will come at any day. Sooner than what we think. If we try to ignore what is happening around we are still hoping the world affairs are in the right track. But we have remember what Daniel received from Jehovah at Dan. 9:2. Only few or Daniel received the understanding of the time ahead because Daniel gave his heart to understanding and Jehovah gave it. So plead Jehovah to have this understanding that will keep us in faith and zeal. 

1 hour ago, Landon1285 said:

I've never related to this saying. To me if you reason that Armageddon won't come in your lifetime isn't that a lack of faith in the truth of the composite sign? We're living in the fulfillment of it how could we think it's not near? Perhaps this was something said in 2004 but now isn't so true.

I will plan/live my life in expectation that A-day WILL come tomorrow. That nearness is more evident than any other day

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

14 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I will plan/live my life in expectation that A-day WILL come tomorrow. That nearness is more evident than any other day

Did you buy groceries for next week? That's planning ahead...😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I've never related to this saying. To me if you reason that Armageddon won't come in your lifetime isn't that a lack of faith in the truth of the composite sign? We're living in the fulfillment of it how could we think it's not near? Perhaps this was something said in 2004 but now isn't so true.

Thanks for clarification... because this may understood by anybody. By the way, even we have this gift of understanding we have to face the challenges with courage. But understanding given by Jehovah is a gift and love shown to us. This has kept us alive while we suffer from distresses. Like the prophets of old, Jeremiah, Daniel. and so on. Though they received something special from Jehovah. In anyway distresses overshadowed them but firmed in faith because of the something they received from Jehovah. So we must supplicate Jehovah to strengthen us or even asking more in order for us to conquer fear and anxiety. More stressfull life ahead that even Jesus aware of this by saying".. is there any faith found during that time?"

21 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Did you buy groceries for next week? That's planning 

Awww shucks I've only got enough for tomorrow, ADay will be here by then 😄

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

54 minutes ago, Richie said:

But also keep in mind Jehovah's day will come at any day. Sooner than what we think. If we try to ignore what is happening around we are still hoping the world affairs are in the right track. But we have remember what Daniel received from Jehovah at Dan. 9:2. Only few or Daniel received the understanding of the time ahead because Daniel gave his heart to understanding and Jehovah gave it. So plead Jehovah to have this understanding that will keep us in faith and zeal. 

The saying doesn't mean we ignore world events and Bible prophecy that prove we live in the last days. We are essentially saying that time passes each day. What we are planning for will be for our eternal future (qualities like love faith obedience) and immediate future like groceries. We humbly recognize now that we fully understand the fulfillment of Bible prophecy about the last days only after it's fulfillment. 

48 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

But why,’ someone may ask, ‘are there so many expansion projects when we stand face-to-face with Armageddon?’ The answer is that Jehovah’s organization does not ‘close up shop’ with the approach of Armageddon. That is ‘closing time’ only for Satan’s organization. Jehovah’s organization is building for an eternal future.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1986004#h=23

That was in 1986 and we are still building. The lesson still applies today. 

2 hours ago, Landon1285 said:

Not after this anual meeting 

the Great Tribulation is just around the corner.

Daniel 11:44-45 maybe in fullfillment (?)

If the judgment message isn’t that harsh but we will still welcome more disciples … what are these “news” that set up the rage of the KOTN?

these verses may have a totally different fullfillment than expected 

Anyway Dan.12:1 is just around the corner 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

The saying doesn't mean we ignore world events and Bible prophecy that prove we live in the last days. We are essentially saying that time passes each day. What we are planning for will be for our eternal future (qualities like love faith obedience) and immediate future like groceries. We humbly recognize now that we fully understand the fulfillment of Bible prophecy about the last days only after it's fulfillment. 

But why,’ someone may ask, ‘are there so many expansion projects when we stand face-to-face with Armageddon?’ The answer is that Jehovah’s organization does not ‘close up shop’ with the approach of Armageddon. That is ‘closing time’ only for Satan’s organization. Jehovah’s organization is building for an eternal future.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1986004#h=23

That was in 1986 and we are still building. The lesson still applies today. 

We aren't building for today . 👍

We're at the end of this system but are on a big learning curve for the future that's almost here. The teaching will be massive and we'll need all the tools we can get. 

12 minutes ago, Sofia said:

If the judgment message isn’t that harsh but we will still welcome more disciples … what are these “news” that set up the rage of the KOTN?

Did you see the first part of the annual meeting? 

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Daniel 11:44-45, these verses may need further details from GB that we are waiting for. These verses and some verses in ch 12 might need further clarification.  The thrilling part of these verses are giving us better picture what is happening today and what would be ahead. Also, you can detail check Rev. 16, 17 along with Ezekiel 38. Now they have better picture than before. But of course GB is the only source of better understanding though may some of us have these ideas that later on have the same outcome.

In my mind, Armageddon is in our lifetime, counted in years, not decades. The FDS has made boo boos in past, anticipating the End e.g. the 70's to name just one. But this time they're really not giving themselves an 'out' if Armageddon turns out to be decades away.

Repeatedly using language such as in the 'last days of the last days', and describing the current building projects and video productions as not for just now, but more with an eye on the near future, to train the Armageddon survivors, all points to Armageddon being imminent, IMO.

Plus the world is is dire straights, more so than ever in history, with assaults on all fronts, from climate change to KOTN/KOTS wars, the worldwide fracturing of society, where no-one is "agreeable" on virtually anything. Yes, we've seen it in the past, but never on the scale as it is now.

And how long can the brothers/sisters stay buoyant if this system keeps on keeping on for years and decades into the future. Especially after such a build up we've witnessed from the FDS these past couple of years, leading us to believe the 'end' is right around the corner now.

Jehovah knows full well his servants worldwide are stretched to their mental limits of endurance. Never have I heard so many brothers & sisters in congregations across the globe, saying in effect "I don't know how I can continue".

12 minutes ago, Richie said:

Daniel 11:44-45, these verses may need further details from GB that we are waiting for. These verses and some verses in ch 12 might need further clarification.  The thrilling part of these verses are giving us better picture what is happening today and what would be ahead. Also, you can detail check Rev. 16, 17 along with Ezekiel 38. Now they have better picture than before. But of course GB is the only source of better understanding though may some of us have these ideas that later on have the same outcome.

Yes! I agree.

I hear religion being mentioned all the time at the news.

radicalization jihad theocracy ( Iran is a theocratic government) Bíble apocalipse etc etc

every one is scared from terrorism attacks based upon religion extremism 

yes GT is just around the corner

The puzzle pieces 🧩 fitting very fast.

Edited by Sofia

24 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

Did you see the first part of the annual meeting? 

I haven’t . But it has been so well discussed here at the forum, that I understood very well the context and contents.

2 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I hear religion being mentioned all the time at the news.

radicalization jihad theocracy ( Iran is a theocratic government) Bíble apocalipse etc etc

every one is scared from terrorism attacks based upon religion extremism 

yes GT is just around the corner

The puzzle pieces 🧩 fitting very fast.

Try this one from Rev. 7: 1-3, it is the final sealing of all remants prior to the release of devastating wind to the four corners of the earth. It is so interesting and link to the time we anticipate. 

The world is in fear out of terrorism connected with extremism.

that was very well explained tonight at CNN Portugal by a security expert.

those threats have to be adressed to create a sense of security 

That extremism is connected with religious movements and governments

Hate towards Israel

Hate towards no Muslims 

Just to be short in my comments.

38 minutes ago, Richie said:

Try this one from Rev. 7: 1-3, it is the final sealing of all remants prior to the release of devastating wind to the four corners of the earth. It is so interesting and link to the time we anticipate. 

Will we ever know this intimate happening? The final sealing.

will GB ever tell us?

I have a feeling that it will happen during a memorial celebration 

Will it be in 2024?

or… did it happen already this year?

🤷‍♀️

Edited by Sofia

28 minutes ago, Sofia said:

will GB ever tell us?

Will it be in 2024?

🤷‍♀️

A hint from the Scripture but not 100% sure if it is really linked to this. From my personal assessment is on the way. One thing I understand is not just a day of sealing but a progressive until before the outbreak of GT or the declaration of global message of judgment. 

41 minutes ago, Sofia said:

will GB ever tell us?

Will it be in 2024?

🤷‍♀️

That's deeply personal to them. So they may only tell their immediate family and other GB members. To tell the brotherhood may make them feel as if they are running ahead of the chariot. We will know for sure when great tribulation starts though.

In the meantime they remind us to focus on love forgiveness and unity. 

On 11/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, Grace Howard said:

Let's hope so. How do you think you will personally feel when the GT finally breaks out? I think I will feel a mixture of excitement and nervous.

I've always felt like this, but of late I feel like relief will be my strongest feeling and I think many would agree. Well and truly done with this old system. 🙄 

On 11/24/2023 at 10:20 AM, Grace Howard said:

Man. Personal problems are getting tougher by the day aren't they? And it is like Satan knows where to target us directly. This is one of the prime reasons that I think we are super close to outbreak of the GT. Its like being hit by one wave after another.

This is so true and mentioned by a few in this thread. Everyone is really struggling. Each day is becoming a personal battle. Like u said iys one thing after another, and big things too. Satan is so angry and you can feel it.

Jehovah won't let this system continue for one moment longer than it needs to. We must be so so close.