JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - May 2022

I really enjoyed the broadcast! I had no idea that brother Knorr did so much to encourage the brothers as well as brother Henschel. I was really touched by that. I’m really looking forward to that convention drama! 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I loved it! Beautiful broadcast! (I finally had some time to watch it.) I even saw a couple of familiar faces in it: Ken Little (his life story), who works in the Canada Branch, was in the new series highlighting how the Governing Body has always preserved unity.

Little.jpg.d2de5b3634debf227a1a65b53fd11154.jpg

And I also briefly noted a few frames of a brother and sister I know in another congregation here in Montreal in the convention introduction video (Albert & Kathleen K______).

Kingston.jpg.a7454dd5c827df86b97b373d134fdee1.jpg

Yes, did you notice that the video about the GB preserving unity is apparently a new series? When the title was displayed, it said "Part One." (Yet another series?)

Lots of emphasis on the unity that we all must do our best to work on. We needed that reminder.

The section with Br Knorr helping the brothers in the Soviet Union to remember the spirit of the organization even though the letters were forged was very touching. And it ties in with the midweek meeting part about how our brothers remained steadfast in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. 

Who is who on the 'Governing Body Preserves Unity' title card which appears at the 46:50 point? How many could you name??

1546150357_gbpreservesunity.jpg.2723d494326eb0ba29c7ef6230033649.jpg

From left to right:

1. Lyman Swingle
  2. Nathan Knorr
  3. Thomas Sullivan
  4. Grant Suiter
  5. Frederick Franz
  6. Hugo Riemer
  7. Milton Henschel

The image used is actually a 'chopped-up' version of the photo used in the Proclaimers Book on page 100, see below :)

NOTE: the photo, as used in the 1993 Proclaimers book, labels it as being the "Board of directors of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, in mid-1950's," whereas the same photo, used in the The Watchtower, February 2017 on page 26, labels it as being "The governing body, 1950’s" - note the lower-case used in that instance.

1812794948_proclaimerspage100.jpg.0299381ff7a33685fd17ed1503f6d704.jpg

Edited by Parale

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

Yes, did you notice that the video about the GB preserving unity is apparently a new series? When the title was displayed, it said "Part One." (Yet another series?)

Lots of emphasis on the unity that we all must do our best to work on. We needed that reminder.

I thought it would be part 1 of 2 only, not a NEW series like Our History in Motion.

44 minutes ago, Tronora said:

It was extra long (over an hour), but I didn't want it to end!

67 minutes 🤷‍♂️

But still, ain't nobody beating M. Stephen Lett's historic 96 minute MEGA broadcast back in May 2015 😉 (well, obvs excluding the Annual Meeting and Gilead Graduation mash-ups)

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb_201505_1_VIDEO

Edited by Parale

I wasn’t sure where to post this but I absolutely loved how the new Become Jehovah’s Friend music video! Seeing the cartoon of Brother Knorr releasing the NWT was so nice! And how nice it was to see the whole Governing Body as cartoons! I loved that! It shows that they are very light hearted and I’m sure they all had a good laugh when those who drew them showed it to the GB. We know they all have a great sense of humor so I can imagine them bantering back and forth with each other. It really impressed on me that even though they’re anointed and are the appointed faithful and discreet slave, they all have a sense of humor and seeing this video shows how much they appreciate everything we do to support them in their assignment. These brothers are a gift and even though I’ve only met a few of them for a brief moment in person, I love them so much for all that they do for me and the brotherhood and how they’re not so rigid and are light hearted and treat us with so much love. 

• 11 months later...
On 5/3/2022 at 2:42 AM, Parale said:

Who is who on the 'Governing Body Preserves Unity' title card which appears at the 46:50 point? How many could you name??

1546150357_gbpreservesunity.jpg.2723d494326eb0ba29c7ef6230033649.jpg

From left to right:

1. Lyman Swingle
  2. Nathan Knorr
  3. Thomas Sullivan
  4. Grant Suiter
  5. Frederick Franz
  6. Hugo Riemer
  7. Milton Henschel

The image used is actually a 'chopped-up' version of the photo used in the Proclaimers Book on page 100, see below :)

NOTE: the photo, as used in the 1993 Proclaimers book, labels it as being the "Board of directors of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, in mid-1950's," whereas the same photo, used in the The Watchtower, February 2017 on page 26, labels it as being "The governing body, 1950’s" - note the lower-case used in that instance.

1812794948_proclaimerspage100.jpg.0299381ff7a33685fd17ed1503f6d704.jpg

Brother @Parale, do you have the Proclaimers book in PDF with pictures? If so,  I'd love to have it, please 🙏

On 4/27/2022 at 7:10 PM, Chris7 said:

It’s nearly time to start talking about the May broadcast which has already been produced,😮 but I wonder who will be hosting and what the theme will be?

Will we see an excerpt for the Upcoming Convention drama? 🤔

!

Edited by truce

Modification