JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

active shooter' incident at Texas elementary school

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 699 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Woanders said:

Interesting that this display of vicious anger occurred only a short time period after Dennis Christensen was released. Satan is extremely angry, so I wouldn't be surprised. But of course, could just be coincidence

1 hour ago, felito said:

also on the 3rd month of the Ukrainian war.  "But of course, could just be coincidence

7 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Definitely confused and mentally ill

The shooting in Texas was a tragedy. It has made sensational news all over the world due to the number of children killed. People are upset ... and with good reason. It was a disturbing and senseless display of disregard for life. People often try to "make some sense" of things like this or try to explain why or how it could happen - coming up with all sorts of "reasons". Some even try to place the blame on "God".

While it can be unsettling to hear news like this and we tend to look for explanations ... it should be noted that, while nearly 20 children died in that school, the number of children that died in traffic accidents, due to cancer, suicide and other "individual" incidents on the same day that didn't make the news far out numbers those in that school. This is the time of the end and we know that people, including children, are going to continue to die each day until the end of this system. While this old system is the result of Satan's influence on Adam and Eve, it does not mean he has a direct hand in every incident that occurs.

We can try to console those in our territory when tragedies like this occur - but remember, they need consolation 24/7 ... not just when something sensational makes the news.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, Luisabola said:

I don’t understand how he got in. Here in the UK in my experience of schools- it’s locked tall gates around the whole school, and you have to be buzzed in by reception so entry doors are locked. You cannot just enter a school building. And it’s fire safe and complies with fire safety protocols, as they can exit their classroom doors in the event of a fire and congregate in the playground (which is surrounded by fences).

How on earth can someone just waltz into a classroom to do this.

Imagine those poor parents leaving their kids in what they thought was safety, but then to be told they’ll never see them again. The kids would have been terrified. It’s awful for the survivors too, they’ll be living with this for the rest of their lives, they’ll never be the same again.

Bring on the new system. Imagine explaining classroom shootings to the newbies that are born into the new world when we describe living in the last days.  It’s just demonic. Does not make sense. 

This is not a big city. It’s a small town environment.  While schools here have improved on security in the last 20 years, it’s not a lockdown scenario in a lot of places, especially rural areas. Most schools here are not surrounded by much in the way of gates. 

It’s sad that they even have to consider it.

I remember the old days when we just worried about pedophiles impersonating parents to steal one kid….(heavy sarcasm)

4 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Edited by BLEmom

Double post

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

35 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

This is not a big city. It’s a small town environment.  While schools here have improved on security in the last 20 years, it’s not a lockdown scenario in a lot of places, especially rural areas. Most schools here are not surrounded by much in the way of gates. 

I live in just as small a town (actually a bit smaller). The new grade school (which is probably 15 years old now?) was built securely.  Cameras, doors that lock to control access, check in at the office, etc...  

Now, I don't know how old this school in Texas is, but the problem wasn't exclusively because of the size of the community.  Safety precautions can be implemented.  Of course it does take budget.  It also takes forethought, a proper mindset, and planning.  

Don't think it can't happen here.  It's always the small communities this happens in. 

Many of the schools in our area have tightened security but not all. There are some who complain if the schools are "like jails" with the students locked in and object to that level of security.

Like 2 Timothy 3:3 says, " . . .not open to any agreement. . ."

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Here is the latest news

That's a sad report, if true, heads are going to roll on the police force I'm sure but that's what makes these incidents so difficult to handle, going in blind not knowing how many perps are in or if they indeed shot anyone!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61569655

Texas school shooting: Husband of killed teacher dies 'of grief'

The husband of one of the teachers slain in Tuesday's mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas has reportedly died of a heart attack just two days later.

Joe Garcia was the husband of Irma Garcia, who taught for 23 years at Robb Elementary School.

I don't condone the shooter's actions, but I keep thinking about the murder that was next to Jesus when he died. We don't know what that murderer did but Jesus forgave him. I wonder what Jehovah and Jesus saw when they looked into the hearts of this murderer and those of his victims?...

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

39 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I don't condone the shooter's actions, but I keep thinking about the murder that was next to Jesus when he died. We don't know what that murderer did but Jesus forgave him. I wonder what Jehovah and Jesus saw when they looked into the hearts of this murderer and those of his victims?...

The same thing they saw when Cain killed Abel?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Perhaps so. Just considering that Jesus forgave the murderer next to him and promised him a better future, I wonder if the shooter had any last minute remorse or was he so mentally unstable his thinking faculties were gone? Though I do agree what he did was horrid and should never have happened, I guess I've always just been the one trying to find an ounce of good in everyone. ❤️ 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

25 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Just considering that Jesus forgave the murderer next to him and promised him a better future,

Did Jesus forgive him? The man's death paid for his sins. He has the same hope for a resurrection that every person that has died has. 

Let Jehovah and Jesus do the judging, don't waste time trying to second guess what they will do. I'm glad they are doing the judging, if it was up to me, there are times I wish there was a burning hell...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Did Jesus forgive him? The man's death paid for his sins.

Also Jehovah alone knows motivation behind the shooting and his mental state at that stage. 

Sometimes I think people are more emotionally disturbed than we can imagine. (Even when the appear ok)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

How truly painful is for Jehovah to see this happening.

As people die our Father commits every detail of that person to his perfect memory. (future potential resurrection)

He has feelings, and I am sure that we do not fully understand how much Jehovah endures himself. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Another mass killing. 

It seems like a weekly if not daily thing now, one man on a news report on guns in America said that " there are more guns than automobiles in America so, think about that the next time you are out driving"! ( 4 or more is considered a "mass killing ") 1-3 would seem like a daily occurrence all over the U.S.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/what-defines-a-mass-shooting/ar-AAVsxnj

I am housesitting for A few days in a client’s home. Last night, around 1am, I heard gunshots, at least five. It sounded like a rifle. Ever hear a tire pop? They sounded just like that, but five in a row.

About an hour later, I heard more gunfire, but this time it was further away.

I immediately texted my son, and then called 911.... I am investigating this morning what happened last night for further details.

Edited by zoebarry

• 2 weeks later...