JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Has anyone seen any "good" movies lately?

Just saw one tonight called the englishman who went up the hill and came down the mountain. Not an action movie. no cussing unless bugger off is considered cussing in Wales or Ireland. Ron and Annie can let us know on that one. If it is cussing, sorry in advance I don't know. Basic premise of story little welsh town trying to convince two english men that their mountain is worthy of being called such. englishmen try to say its a hill as it is under 1000 feet by 14 feet. So they fight back by putting soil on mountain to gain extra 14 ft. It has more story than that, but thats the premise. Very clean and cute

Just saw one tonight called the englishman who went up the hill and came down the mountain. Not an action movie. no cussing unless bugger off is considered cussing in Wales or Ireland. Ron and Annie can let us know on that one. If it is cussing, sorry in advance I don't know. Basic premise of story little welsh town trying to convince two english men that their mountain is worthy of being called such. englishmen try to say its a hill as it is under 1000 feet by 14 feet. So they fight back by putting soil on mountain to gain extra 14 ft. It has more story than that, but thats the premise. Very clean and cute

Yes, nice movie, reminded me a little bit of our Kingdom Hall's construction ... also my hometown mentioned there ::o

"Absolute rubbish”

I agree that Avengers was boss. could imagine the movie was sold out in Trinidad days in advance, i went to see it during the week and i got the 3rd to last ticket. im not sure liked the 3D experience it gave me a headache.the marvel team has a nice way of bring the cartoon characters to live. i usually wait until one of my relatives has seen the movie or a cousin of mine checks the rating for me, most time thought i just stick to animations. I have a weak spot for Bruce Willis dont ask me why. He jus bruce the all action hero. LOL:blushing:

Dear Musky and Alphaeus

Hope you enjoyed the joke. :wave:

I normally go through websites and newspapers for the rating and information of any movie. there are many public opinion & critics appearing on newspapers and websites about the movies which help me to understand how far a movie is watchable. Thanks

I find it very hard to watch a film without the odd swear word.

I saw one the other night called "Shutters island" it is psychological thriller film by directed by Martin Scorsese,

and stars Leonardo DiCaprio.

It is set in a lunatic asylum and it has a great ending.

You sort of know when the swear words are coming, 5 in all and can mute them.

It wont affect the dialogue in the film if you do this.

It is a 15A and has Some violent scenes( US soldiers shooting

German guards). and bloody injuries. Graphic WWII concentration camp footage.

Not as bad as schindlers list.

Deff not a childrens film. But i thought it was ok.

Its not as bad as say Judge Dredd or any action film for violence.

But it is down to personal choice.

Dear Musky and Alphaeus

Hope you enjoyed the joke. :wave:

I normally go through websites and newspapers for the rating and information of any movie. there are many public opinion & critics appearing on newspapers and websites about the movies which help me to understand how far a movie is watchable. Thanks

Very good joke! Well played. Gary and I will get you for this! :lol2:

Oh, yes, and "Pride and Prejudice" surely :raspberry:

90% of sisters like this movie and never understood why?http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/bmc-squid/smile/th_oldpics174.gif

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

90% of sisters like this movie and never understood why?http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/bmc-squid/smile/th_oldpics174.gif

That means I am at least on 90% a sister ....

What a surprise! ::o

"Absolute rubbish”

I will keep an eye out for them svetlana.

Another good film i enjoyed recently is an old French film by Luc Besson called "Subway".

It stars Christopher Lambert and a very young Jean reno.

Set in the Paris metro.

Set in the 1980's abut it is a good story, and all the characters have good parts.

Reno plays a drummer, and Lambert is the star of the film.

Fred his name is. He gets invited to a party and blows up a safe, and ends up in the paris metro trying to form a

rock band.

We must fear the last 10% http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/bmc-squid/smile/th_tease.gif

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

Like many guys, I wanted no part of Pride and Prejudice. Well, my wife forced it on me and now I'm a convert (heretic?). There, I said it! :surrender:

We must fear the last 10% http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/bmc-squid/smile/th_tease.gif

Don't fear! Inside of me I'm 110 % white and fluffy...:innocent:

Garry, our brothers are taught to do not fight, so I hope they'll not :pistols: you.lol

"Absolute rubbish”

In the same category

Gone with the Wind

Titanic

The English Patient

Green Mile

La vita e bella

The notebook (I personally do not have an opinion because I do not seen).

In the same category

Gone with the Wind

Titanic

The English Patient

Green Mile

La vita e bella

Are you playing a "which one of these does not belong with the others" game here?

Are you playing a "which one of these does not belong with the others" game here?

What game is this? First time I hear it.

I remember back in the 60's (uh, oh, I'm dating myself!) when in GWTW the last word was "d..." and it shocked everyone! Today's movies must be so meticulously researched. Last one I went to was Mr. Popper's Penguins with my grandson. We really enjoyed it very much together. Not sure what is out there now...don't get to go to the movies much. However, I do like watching old flicks on TV cable (Turner Classic).

In the same category

Gone with the Wind

Titanic

The English Patient

Green Mile

La vita e bella

Gone with the Wind

Titanic

^ In fact, to see how meticulous James Cameron was about accuracy, look at the pic of the Titanic's captain in the recent Awake article about it.

The English Patient

Green Mile

La vita e bella

The notebook

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Shawshank Redemption! Rough movie, but so well done, the story and acting was superb!

I suggest the edited version.

One of my favs. Had a lot of good lessons on being a good person, a good friend, .....Get busy living, or get busy dying....

Shawshank Redemption! Rough movie, but so well done, the story and acting was superb!

One of my favs. Had a lot of good lessons on being a good person, a good friend, .....Get busy living, or get busy dying....

Yes, hard to believe it was taken from a short story by Stephen King. Morgan Freeman would have one the Oscar for best actor, but it came out the same year as Forest Gump and Tom Hanks was unbeatable!

Yes, hard to believe it was taken from a short story by Stephen King. Morgan Freeman would have one the Oscar for best actor, but it came out the same year as Forest Gump and Tom Hanks was unbeatable!

Stephen King? Really?! Wow....the last person I would have attributed it to...and it's not like I haven't seen the movie 50 times... Morgan Freeman is a great actor...love most all of his work. He is from here in the Mississippi Delta...has a couple of restaurants/juke joints just north of where I live, and comes back often. Several family members have met him when he's in town...not me, though. :no: