JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Has anyone seen any "good" movies lately?

This is the one I am waiting for!!!! Getting excited and so are my kids!!!

118556=6540-mos.jpg

So who's going to play Superman ??? *Because I'm kind of burned out right now ... technically only 2 played superman well (The one back in the fifties and then Christopher Reeves)....*

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

Speaking of movies I was at Bethel Canada last month and the sister that was giving the tour said there is a movie coming out based on a sisters life next year...since I was pushing my husband in the wheelchair I couldnt write it down...can you find out what the name of it is?:( please

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

• 1 year later...

Well, Man Of Steel came and went, not the best film I've seen.

I love the BBC series of Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch. Bringing the stories into the 21st century makes them really interesting. Series 3 will begin on January 1st.

I love this show!Can't wait.

bohemian, on 12 Dec 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:bohemian, on 12 Dec 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Well, Man Of Steel came and went, not the best film I've seen.

I love the BBC series of Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch. Bringing the stories into the 21st century makes them really interesting. Series 3 will begin on January 1st.

I have to agree with you about Man of Steel.  One of the main reasons why I didn't like it as much as I did the other movies made about him, was because Superman acted totally different than he did in the other Superman movies.  I think it would have been a better movie if Superman hadn't changed so much. 

Edited by Iksplorer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, These days because of my busy schedule I don't watch movie very often. I love to collect DVD animation like finding NEMO..hahahha sounds funny right because usually kids love animation and I am no longer a kid. :lol:  :D

Me too, actually! I don't think I'll ever grow out of watching animation, especially Disney films... but fortunately I'm not the only one, there's actually quite a few older people out there who love animated movies and shows, including animators themselves. Besides, in the old days of theatrical shorts like Looney Toons, Tom & Jerry and Betty Boop, they were created for adults and not only kids :P And here's a favorite Walt Disney quote of mine: "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Speaking of Walt:

I saw 'Saving Mr. Banks' a couple of weeks ago.  Loved it.  Bring tissue if you go!  <insert smiley face with hankie here>

I would love to see that movie! I actually had a weird dream about it a week or so ago... it involved the word "ship". Don't ask. I was hoping to see it with my mom soon when we have our "girl day".

Hi, These days because of my busy schedule I don't watch movie very often. I love to collect DVD animation like finding NEMO..hahahha sounds funny right because usually kids love animation and I am no longer a kid. :lol:  :D

I love Nemo. I just pull it out and watch it again when I want to relax, and enjoy a movie without worrying out what may be next. Just a classical favorite of mine.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

My favorite movie is: High Road to China with Tom Selik. It is an old movie and I have enjoyed it many times. I'm not a big movie or TV person. I'd rather read.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Has anyone here seen the movie "the boy in the striped pajamas.?" It's about a little boy whose family I believe is Jewish, so he gets thrown into a camp...If you watch, bring tissues! :wub:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Saw old movie, Gandhi. He was an interesting man. In the movie, any way. When he is resurrected, it will be interesting. Peaceful, but political. When he gets that straightened out...then the movie on Van Gough. The new system will help that poor man so much. He was talented, but so troubled. Hated religion, but loved God. Loved the creation.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched "Happy People- A Year In The Tiaga" on Netflix. I can say it was time very well spent. Even though it's about trapping, I'm not opposed to it the way they do it, it's not why I watched it. I was raised much like those people so it took me back. (Now to go camping I require a travel trailer!)

Beautiful documentary.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

These aren't real new but I loved them:

Cranford (Judi Dench)

Bleak House (2005)

Little Dorritt  (2009)

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Mrs. Palfrey at the Clarement (2005)

North and South (2005)

Tangled (loved it; so funny)

Little Big Man (Dustin Hoffman)

Mr. Holland's Opus

Hidalgo (2004)

The Black Stallion

The Man From Snowy River

Singing in the Rain

The Music Man

By the Light of the Silvery Moon and Moonlight Bay (Gordon MacRae and Doris Day in both)

Superman (with Christopher Reeve)

Toy Story

Sound of Music (Julie Andrews)

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (excellent, though very dark subject matter; not for the little ones)

The Magic of Ordinary Days (Hallmark TV movie; read the synopsis; may not be for everyone but I liked it)

There is a nice recent TV series called Larkrise to Candleford which is great too. It ran for 4 or 5 years.

I have lots more but because of the scarcity of decent movies, I don't get around to watching too much of what's out there anymore. The entertainment industry's standards keep sinking lower and lower but it is still possible to find a few gems out there. 

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I just watched The Croods, which is an animated kids movie, and loved it! We laughed through the whole thing. The funniest part of the movie is the dad doesn't like his mother-in-law and is always trying to get rid of her. It is a really cute and funny movie for the whole family.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched Alexandria's Rag Time Band. A musical. But I enjoyed the story line. A lot. An older black and white movie. And, I was not eager to watch An American in Paris. I have That's Entertainment, and have seen snippets over and over. But the movie was worth the time invested. Some of the dance numbers I have never seen. A bit hard to delete it, but the dvr does not have a lot if space to spare.

Oh, went to see Monument Men, with George Clooney. True, some violence, but it will nourish that dislike of the Natzi's. All over again.

Edited by Miss Bea