JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower January 2023

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 579 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

15 hours ago, Olivier Proulx said:

Do you think it will come out tomorrow?  Do you think there will be small changes?  I so wish they would incorporate videos.

I wish they would add videos too, it seems to be a logical thing to do. I wonder if the new WT will have additional input fields for the review questions like the 2023 MWM Workbook does..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

49 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I wish they would add videos too, it seems to be a logical thing to do. I wonder if the new WT will have additional input fields for the review questions like the 2023 MWM Workbook does..

That would be nice, but they would probably have to decrease the amount of paragraphs because it would probably make it hard to keep the study under 1 hour. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Nope

nothing new

the same layout

very upbuilding faith articles

the main article is based on brother Splane talk last month about the year text 🙏☺️☺️☺️ 3 reasons for us to believe God s word is the truth

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

There is a video in the first study article but it isn't shown during the study.

I think that's the way to go. Videos for personal study of the WT and then just comment them on the Hall

If we listen to videos during the sutudy on the congregation there will be less opportunities for comments

But I was hoppping to see more interactivity like the January MWB

Edited by jayrtom

25 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I think that's the way to go. Videos for personal study of the WT and then just comment them on the Hall

If we listen to videos during the sutudy on the congregation there will be less opportunities for comments

But I was hoppping to see more interactivity like the January MWB

When the "Lessons from the Watchtower" videos first came out I was hoping they would be incorporated into the WT study. The videos are close to 5 minutes so viewing and discussing a video would reduce a WT Study article by several paragraphs but the end result is the same, we would still get the entire study material but part of it would be in video. I still hope that happens eventually.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I like page 5, par. 11. it mentions: One expert in world politics recently observed: “There is no advanced industrial democracy in the world more politically divided, or politically dysfunctional, than the United States today.” And good amount of its people are bunch retards too.

Maybe it sounded familiar.  Bro. Splane included this quote in the 2022 Gov Body Update #6 in which we got the 2023 year text.  In the part about why we can trust the Bible, which he broke down into 3 sections: accuracy of the text, fulfillment of Bible prophecy, and the Bible's power to change lives, the first article "Be Convinced That God’s “Word Is Truth,” featuring the new yeartext, very closely follows Brother Splane's presentation.  Some parts are word for word or very close including the above quote in the section about the Anglo-American World Power.  It's like he used this article as his talk outline.  

I always enjoy Brother Splane's talks, very easy to follow, very soothing voice. His explanations of complex topics e.g. Sept. 2015 JWB about "this generation" in Matt. 24:34.  All of our GB members are dear to us, but I guess we have soft spots for some for different reasons.

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

11 minutes ago, Paradise-Lover said:

I don't think video is necessary for the WT Study. I doubt it would ever be incorporated. But who knows...

Several years ago we could have said that about Public Talks, Midweek meetings and the CBS. Now look where we are today..:D

The video does show up in the media section for that meeting. It’s less than one minute long, so who knows, we could receive direction to play it during the meeting, and doing so wouldn’t greatly affect opportunities to comment. It’s still more than four months before we consider it as a congregation.

Edited by jscotchie

3 hours ago, jscotchie said:

The video does show up in the media section for that meeting. It’s less than one minute long, so who knows, we could receive direction to play it during the meeting, and doing so wouldn’t greatly affect opportunities to comment. It’s still more than four months before we consider it as a congregation.

I noticed it was included in the "Media" section same as the pictures we DO show during the meeting.

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Any of you checked if other wt's that a video mentioned in a footnote also appeared at the media section or not?

If not that may be an indication of something different...

I mentioned it briefly in this topic:

On 9/11/2022 at 2:03 PM, Hinata said:

If you look at the Media section in JW Library, the video is displayed along with the still pictures, as if the video was meant to be played. We may be getting even closer to officially having video inserted in the Watchtower study.

At that time, it was in a footnote, but now, it’s included in a citation.

Edited by Hinata