JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sending energy wirelessly possible - so far for 36 meters

Michał

https://www.newsweek.com/wireless-electricity-space-solar-panels-renewable-energy-emrod-new-zealand-1751884

Im sure this technology will be abused in this system but if you think about the possibilities in the new world it makes your head explode. 

I guess @Thomas Walker will explore this idea (if he hasn’t already 😄)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Historically, transmitting power wirelessly has ended... poorly. Putting that much electrical current out into the air has the same effect as living under powerlines, if they were also wrapped around your house. There have been studies to suggest this is bad for living tissue. Something akin to getting a brain tumor from having the cellphone at your ear all day.

In Paradise, where perfect health is a promise, and 'industrial accidents resulting in death' are almost-certainly also to be prevented, the rules change. My question is: Are we going to be living in pristine conditions so we won't get ill, or are we 'prevented from ever getting sick, no matter what'? If the latter, humans could sleep in a nuclear reactor without worry, or smoke like chimneys for eternity without ever wanting to cough. (These are questions I could find no answers for)

I can't believe Paradise would allow us to act like idiots without consequences, but I also can't imagine what the consequences would be.

I'm a big believer in advanced tech in Paradise, obviously, and this sort of tech, taken to the ultimate form, would mean unlimited free power. Satellites for communications, navigation, and electricity, all in one. It's just a question of what the New Scrolls will say.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounceconfused schitts creek GIF by CBCTom Cruise What GIF

Sending energy wirelessly is not a new thing and it has been done much further than 36 meters (118 feet)

A crystal radio receiver, also called a crystal set, is a simple radio receiver, popular in the early days of radio. It uses only the power of the received radio signal to produce sound, needing no external power. It is named for its most important component, a crystal detector, originally made from a piece of crystalline mineral such as galena. This component is now called a diode

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 8:16 PM, Qapla said:

Sending energy wirelessly is not a new thing and it has been done much further than 36 meters (118 feet)

On 10/21/2022 at 8:16 PM, Qapla said:

A crystal radio receiver, also called a crystal set, is a simple radio receiver, popular in the early days of radio. It uses only the power of the received radio signal to produce sound, needing no external power. It is named for its most important component, a crystal detector, originally made from a piece of crystalline mineral such as galena. This component is now called a diode

In addition to wireless radio (voice or telegraph), we have lasers and xray type equipment.  Lasers are capable of sending power to space.  We can send power via magnetic fields and impulses (EMP).  There are methods of sending energy by way of acoustics without wires.

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

In addition to wireless radio (voice or telegraph), we have lasers and xray type equipment.  Lasers are capable of sending power to space.  We can send power via magnetic fields and impulses (EMP).  There are methods of sending energy by way of acoustics without wires.

Has any research been done on the possible disadvantages of this new type of energy transmission, on side effects harmful to humans and nature? Some things seem very good and simple at first glance. But then it is not. And I also ask about the cost/benefit analysis. Does the effort justify the necessary means? I am really not a sceptic for technology. We should also think about energy savings.

2 hours ago, Exter said:

Has any research been done on the possible disadvantages of this new type of energy transmission, on side effects harmful to humans and nature? Some things seem very good and simple at first glance. But then it is not. And I also ask about the cost/benefit analysis. Does the effort justify the necessary means? I am really not a sceptic for technology. We should also think about energy savings.

Lots of study has been done on some of the alternative energy transmissions mentioned.  Some were focused on the radiation effects on the human body (even at low power or low frequencies).  Studies were done with respect to the affect on inanimate equipment ;nearby.  Some of these sources of "wireless" transmissions were weaponized (including high-frequency attacks on US embassies) and powerful lasers.

In most cases there were some damages to humans or possessions. There are currently laws  in effect which limit exposure.  The ability to du some thing may be well intended but often has unforeseen adverse effects.  Whether such effort yield positive results often depend on the view of Satan's world (economics, profitability, replacing a dwindling resource, etc).

Another consideration is the cost to consumers if they have to pay to replace to old technology at home or work.

• 11 months later...

This is something I've often wondered about what technology we'll be able to come up with in the new system. I've often thought that in this system technology is limited because of the need to be able to turn a profit on it and that some ideas aren't followed because of that even if they could be vastly better than what we have now 

54 minutes ago, Paul s said:

This is something I've often wondered about what technology we'll be able to come up with in the new system. I've often thought that in this system technology is limited because of

I have the feeling the limit will be about Energy.

Because unless we go fussil fuel mining, we will basically take vantage of the inertia of current system until depleted and end up using Sun/Wind/Water/Tide to get something working.

I have several books on Climate Change and alternate energy.  Wireless electrical transmission is one of them.  I also have one on Electric Roads using induction to power cars.  

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I have the feeling the limit will be about Energy.

Because unless we go fussil fuel mining, we will basically take vantage of the inertia of current system until depleted and end up using Sun/Wind/Water/Tide to get something working.

Where I live Sun and Wind are available for my use.  But that would be enough.

Back in the 1970s, I realized that power-generating plants would be nonfunctional after Armageddon.  They require operators to watch over equipment and maintenance to repair equipment that fails.  (blown seals in pumps, etc.)  Whereas solar panels require very little maintenance.  Power companies today have installed fields of solar panels that generate free electricity without much maintenance, except for cutting the grass or getting a herd of sheep.  Those solar panels can produce free electricity for many years.   Maybe we could connect some type of transmitter and have receivers at houses around the area for free electricity.