JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

bomb explodes in a Kingdom Hall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 373 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://news.italy24.press/local/450079.html

I approved the post as I was able to find a news article about this.

A bomb was placed in front of an entrance door to the kingdom hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in San Salvo in via Montenero.

The bomb caused extensive damage to a side door. The Carabinieri of the local station intervened on the spot and are collecting useful clues for the investigation. View and capture outdoor video surveillance images.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

52 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

send us more news brother please

I don't have much information on this either, the article posted by trottigy gives some other details.

10 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

Maybe we’re in the threshold of peace and security? 

A single bomb put by the door in the middle of the night at a kingdom hall in Italy makes you think we are on the threshold of peace and security?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

A single bomb put by the door in the middle of the night at a kingdom hall in Italy makes you think we are on the threshold of peace and security?

I think he is implying that as things deteriorate to the point we are being directly attacked the GT is extremely close.

Maybe?

Chill 

Irregardless I also think we are getting very close.

Years ago, back when we still did book studies as a separate meeting, our study conductor began the group by telling us there had been a Molotov cocktail thrown through a Hall window a territory over. Someone was annoyed about a family member studying with us. They burned some carpet and blackened the walls, we rounded up some volunteers and had it cleaned up in 24 hours.

One of the group said "Well, that'll only get more common once it all starts."

Another woman said "Not here, surely. People just aren't that violent around here."

And then one or two of us kindly pointed out that it had happened that morning, where we were.

There have been studies. 20% of people refuse to do something evil, no matter who tells them to. 20% of people will lash out at any opportunity, for reasons of their own. The other 60% of people pretty much go with the flow.

That's 80% of people who really don't mind JW's, or anyone, and just want to go about their own lives without bothering or being bothered by anyone. The other 20% don't need a reason, and they're the reason anyone has locks on the doors in the first place. What GT will do is just... give permission. But we were never hoping to get through GT, or for that matter, the Last Days by having the numbers on our side.

It also gives people another opportunity to take sides with Jehovah. There isn’t much news about this on the Italian mainstream news, but on the local news in Chieti, there has been a prominent local politician that has said this is unacceptable for peace-loving people to be accosted by disgruntled ones. Another favourable comment on the local town's newspaper fb page said that in 2023 one would think we would get past the prejudice against minorities, and he is perplexed.

https://abruzzoweb.it/san-salvo-bomba-carta-nella-sala-del-regno-dei-testimoni-di-geova-al-vaglio-immagini-telecamere/

Maybe there will be some more interest in the good news for that area. We are just so glad that no one was injured or killed this time.

4 hours ago, Your Brother said:

Irregardless I also think we are getting very close.

Irregardless, a double negative, does it indicate that we are getting closer or regardless of the event, we are not getting closer?

Just asking.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I am so shocked!

Has the attacker been arrested? It will be disturbing If he's still on the loose,we can't know he won't do that again,right? I really think brothers using that KH need to suspend in-person meeting until the attacker is arrested.

But why will he attack the KH by 5am,maybe he doesn't have motive to kill but just want to send a message,or was a meeting suppose to hold by that time? 5am,isn't that still too early?

I hear that Europe is full of Muslims from North Africa and Middle east,sometimes Muslims can really go to extreme when christians try to convert some of their followers,

Could this be a likely situation? There is so much competition between Islam and Christianity and Muslims certainly won't want to be on loosing side or else they will take to violence.

Brothers really need to be very discreet when preaching to Muslims. Or in Muslim territories,Muslims are very intolerant of that.

(CNN)An imam is in stable condition after being stabbed during a Sunday morning prayer service at a mosque in Paterson, New Jersey, according to local officials.

Imam Sayed Elnakib was stabbed during the first prayer of the day, around 5:30 a.m., at Omar Mosque in south Paterson while the congregation was kneeling for prayer, mosque spokesperson Abdul Hamdan told CNN. It seems to be happening everywhere. 

7 hours ago, Old said:

Irregardless, a double negative, does it indicate that we are getting closer or regardless of the event, we are not getting closer?

Just asking.

Well, 🤣maybe your right, maybe your wrong.....https://www.dictionary.com/compare-words/irregardless-vs-regardless

Edited by Your Brother

• 2 weeks later...