JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

School district to hear from public after superintendent candidate lost job for greeting 2 females as 'ladies'

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 376 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is evidence that we are in the last days.  People have lost all moral sense 

School district to hear from public after superintendent candidate lost job for greeting 2 females as 'ladies'

Vito Perrone's use of 'ladies' salutation in email to Easthampton School Committee interpreted as 'microaggression'

Kwiecinski reportedly interpreted his "ladies" greeting as a "microaggression," according to the newspaper. Kwiecinski later told the Gazette that most of her fellow committee members believed it was "extremely unprofessional" and "inappropriate" of Perrone to address the chairperson "with a familiarity that he had not earned."

"It is true that I was insulted by the familiarity with which the candidate addressed me and the committee’s executive assistant in correspondence that was part of a salary negotiation," Kwiecinski reportedly said in an email to the Gazette. "While I speak informally most of the time, if I am addressing a public official — especially in written communication, and even more so if engaged in salary negotiations — I would always use formal titles. The salutation ‘Ladies’ raised concerns among most that the candidate might make administrators and teachers feel uncomfortable if used in the future instead of calling them by their names or titles."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/vito-perrone-easthampton-school-district-superintendent-candidate-lost-job-greeting-ladies-mircoaggression-cynthia-kwiecinski-suzanne-colby.amp

It’s all insanity. The same people who get upset at these things are entertaining themselves with immoral movies, music books etc that are way worse than the word ladies. 
Just Satan finding more ways to cause a lack of meaningful conversation.  How can anyone show love or learn about God when you can’t communicate?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Some time back I was in an elevator and two females got on who looked to be in their late 20's or early 30's. I had just selected my floor and was still standing in front of buttons so I said, "What floors would you girls like" (or something like that - but definitely used "girls") They were incensed! They told me in no uncertain words that they were "women", not girls (keep in mind I was in my 60's at the time) and one of them reached in front of me and pressed a button.

A year or so later I was in another building when two women about my age got in just as I had pressed my floor. I asked them "What floor?" and they told me. As we rode up I mentioned to them what happened the last time I called females "girls" in an elevator. They both laughed and giggled and told me I could call them "girls" anytime I wanted to.

Just goes to show that many today fit the description in 2 Tim ...

(2 Timothy 3:1-4) . . .in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride. . .

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Although we live in a crazy world with no respect for females, and this transgender agenda. As long they do not call me a lady, I’m fine with it.

I regularly fill in government forms which have the following genders:

Male

Female

Indeterminate

I am waiting for those are in the "Indeterminate" group to kick up a stink to have their prefered designated gender to be a box on a form.

But when you read what the definition is for Indeterminate it very much sums them up.

Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › ...
Indeterminate Definition & Meaning

a · not definitely or precisely determined or fixed : vague ; b · not known in advance ; c · not leading to a definite end or result.

Cambridge Dictionary

https://dictionary.cambridge.org › i...

INDETERMINATE | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

not measured, counted, or clearly known: An indeterminate number of workers have already been exposed to the danger. a man of indeterminate age.

So if they are Indeterminate, then their views shouldn't count, as they do not who they are.

It seem strange but the situation may be understandable and its quite common.

Okay from what I understand in the story,it may seem understandable sometimes when people take offense in things that may seen normal.

For example if you address Dr Jane Doe as "Lady" or "Miss" or "Mrs",

It may really seem undermining,especially when you know her name and title.

It may be understandable if you don't know the name and title of the woman.

In professional environment people take their titles very seriously, and its part of passing job interview to get to know the title (especially) of your interviewers before hand if possible or when you are not sure,simply assign them a "lofty" tittle and allow them to correct you themselves.

for example if you are not sure whether your interviewer is a Dr or a professor,it will be best to call him professor, if he is not a professor,he will gladly correct you,but he will be pleased that you consider him worthy of such office.

I think this is in line with what the bible teaches Christians in Romans 13:7

"Render to all their dues: to the one who calls for the tax, the tax; to the one who calls for the tribute, the tribute; to the one who calls for fear, such fear; to the one who calls for honor, such honor."

• 2 weeks later...