JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

12 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Maybe so.  Here in southern Louisiana, in all of our circuit and neighboring ones, I've never heard of a Saturday meeting.  I know it can happen, it just doesn't around here.  🤷‍♂️

It must be pretty common. It is called the Weekend Meeting instead of the Sunday Meeting.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever wrote to the Branch asking about this software? if there is any precautions to be taken or if they don't have anything against it?

I have not personally written to the branch asking them about it. However, some C.O's are familiar & are ok with it's use in our area. Then there's this:

https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/nw-publisher-app/solve-jw-scheduler-app-problems/#Security_and_Privacy

Screenshot_20230818_083641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0fbc320cd181c14cd556f8673897ff85.jpg

On 8/18/2023 at 5:39 PM, JoshD said:

I have not personally written to the branch asking them about it. However, some C.O's are familiar & are ok with it's use in our area.

We asked our CO a few days ago about NW Scheduler and he answered that neither he nor the branch can recommend any specific software. Rather it's up to the body of elders how to organize their schedules with the method they prefer, as long as it complies with the instructions from the Slave. He told us many congregations in our circuit use different apps and in general they save a lot of time.

Just a note to the developers..

The publishers in the congregations in our area are under evacuation orders.. in my congregation 70 out the 200 publishers are displaced all around throughout the province and into other provinces. 
The way we have it now is ok but very cumbersome for information access and changes..

So right now we use NWpublisher which is fantastic.. !!!

So all emergency information is in windows on the main program..

We then export an Excel spreadsheet of all the publishers with all the emergency contact information.

We also use the Apple and android apps.

During an emergency the FSGO check on everyone in their group and maintain contact by What’s App, text, phone, email, etc

That in turn is relayed to the COBE by means of the above..

The DRC comes in and wants similar information but different… have you left your home … where are you now … have you lost your home .. what are your needs..present contact information etc. 

The group overseers who are staying behind and those on the move have to be in daily contact with the individual members of the group..

Now here comes the challenge I am on an iphone .. the other brother is on an android device ..or a windows device etc..

The DRC sends us a request for update on an excel spreadsheet .. which entails entering all the information all over again plus the new information for your group all over again .. that is ok if you are on a desk top computer or  other large device..,so that you can cut and paste different fields… and the DRC does this for each congregation.. 

Ease of information management in a disaster is crucial for survival…

right now the way we do it works but it is very cumbersome… I understand information privacy and storage is a huge concern.. I am just looking for ways to streamline the shepherding process and information relay for those in our group  and back to the COBE and in turn the DRC.. while on the run. 

Thanks 

Lance

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

@ lance

Doesnt NWPUB work on apple --android --windows --amazon

all the emergency contact info is readily on hand

we have seen it used to send the info in for 'during disaster'....worked very easily

DRC - doesn't need this info while you are evacuating

they usually request it later down the road- it often takes awhile for them to get up and running

the first few weeks most things are handled by the CO - so coordinating with the COBE and CO - this app should be more than sufficient

by the time you communicate with DRC - weeks down the road

other laptops and apps can be used

Ok I like the idea of One note I use it for all my internal cong. Files 

and it keeps things in the proper format.

Just trying to find a cell friendly solution… 

We met with the DRC yesterday and they wanted info within 1 day .. from all group overseers .. a lot of the Group overseers were in transit.. and only having a cell phone. 

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Ok I like the idea of One note I use it for all my internal cong. Files 

and it keeps things in the proper format.

Just trying to find a cell friendly solution… 

We met with the DRC yesterday and they wanted info within 1 day .. from all group overseers .. a lot of the Group overseers were in transit.. and only having a cell phone. 

Not too familiar with the use of OneNote. Does it require a Microsoft account to edit a shared file or can anyone edit?

Yes it does .. that is the downside..

As a group overseer I have no problem with being the first point of contact and filtering the information and moving that accurate information up the line.

We do need a uniformity of digital interface and idiot proof …not all group overseers are application savvy.. 

The information will get through one way or another …just a matter of speed and efficiency.. I talked to the COBE in a neighbouring congregation where I helped a sister to evacuate ..his skill  level is basically the level of phoning or email .. which  is wonderful and appreciated.. he is in contact with every publisher and knows their needs .. but most commonly used apps like excel are beyond him ..  I am just a solution oriented guy that sees the value in reduced stumbling blocks to the needed info pipeline 

On 8/19/2023 at 1:32 AM, jayrtom said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever wrote to the Branch asking about this software? if there is any precautions to be taken or if they don't have anything against it?

Our CO is fine with it. Our Branch is aware of it. No problems whatsoever. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

In our congregation, we use Google Sheets for emergencies as our main database and for the Appsheets interface. The advantage of Google Sheets is that it's a flexible spreadsheet depending on your needs and above all that you can share it even if you don't have a Gmail account. We can do it no matter what email address we have. We have in this spreadsheet a column which allows in case of emergency to directly see who has been contacted.

To make it easier because it's not always easy for the brothers to use a spreadsheet especially when there are a lot of columns and rows, we use Appsheets which has the advantage of having an interface connected directly to Google Sheets and which is much easier and more pleasant to use. It allows you to directly see in real time the brothers and sisters who have been contacted in the event of an emergency. The idea being that each group responsible and his assistant contact each brother and sister of his group directly from the Appsheets application which allows to make calls, and simply indicates that the brother or sister has been contacted by checking a button. The coordinator of the college of elders can thus be informed in real time of all the brothers and sisters contacted and of those who have not yet been contacted to help all the elders and their assistants to do so before contacting the circuit overseer.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Martins said:

In our congregation, we use Google Sheets for emergencies as our main database and for the Appsheets interface. The advantage of Google Sheets is that it's a flexible spreadsheet depending on your needs and above all that you can share it even if you don't have a Gmail account. We can do it no matter what email address we have. We have in this spreadsheet a column which allows in case of emergency to directly see who has been contacted.

To make it easier because it's not always easy for the brothers to use a spreadsheet especially when there are a lot of columns and rows, we use Appsheets which has the advantage of having an interface connected directly to Google Sheets and which is much easier and more pleasant to use. It allows you to directly see in real time the brothers and sisters who have been contacted in the event of an emergency. The idea being that each group responsible and his assistant contact each brother and sister of his group directly from the Appsheets application which allows to make calls, and simply indicates that the brother or sister has been contacted by checking a button. The coordinator of the college of elders can thus be informed in real time of all the brothers and sisters contacted and of those who have not yet been contacted to help all the elders and their assistants to do so before contacting the circuit overseer.

Greetings 👋 from the Dominican Republic brother @Jonathan Martins  If there are any files or screenshots you can share about your work connecting Google Sheets with Appsheets I would appreciate it.  I would love to set something like that up for our congregation to quickly share information during emergencies.

1 hour ago, DarinS said:

Quick question

does anyone have their congregation territory map posted in the app? Where?
a picture of the whole territory

we would like to post a picture and update it during the campaign …with sections completed

any ideas?

You could create a new category called "completed residential" and "completed business" or whatever all you have and then flip it to that as you complete them. 

2 hours ago, DarinS said:

Quick question

does anyone have their congregation territory map posted in the app? Where?
a picture of the whole territory

we would like to post a picture and update it during the campaign …with sections completed

any ideas?

We don't use the territory feature. Sorry.

Phantom Public Talk assigning (away speaker).

We have an odd situation in the public talk scheduling section. A brother's name, who is not checked as having any assignments suddenly appeared as an out going speaker several random weeks to one congregation. We are trying to determine how to remove and how this happened?