JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

GB Update #5 2023

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I guess it's local. So no problem with sharing it.

It seems local or regional. 

We are encouraged not to share with others outside  our JW circle.

Our Organization managed to get a discount for zoom professional use. All details are with the congregation secretary.

This means we can use use ZOOM professional (no stop meetings) with a low budget :D and for me it´s a sign that zoom is a very much needed tool and GB recognizes it and is helping us to use it in a more complete way and cheaper too ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Our Organization managed to get a discount for zoom professional use. All details are with the congregation secretary.

This means we can use use ZOOM professional (no stop meetings) with a low budget :D and for me it´s a sign that zoom is a very much needed tool and GB recognizes it and is helping us to use it in a more complete way and cheaper too ❤️ 

Excellent!

That sounds like the arrangement that was made available to some congregations in the US in December 2021.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Excellent!

That sounds like the arrangement that was made available to some congregations in the US in December 2021.

Brother Richard

Thats wonderful!

Yet…this is so off topic 🙄

perhaps it should be moved away from here?🙈

there s so much to talk about this update #5☺️☺️

bro denis interview and headquarters visits ☺️☺️

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

18 hours ago, Sofia said:

Brother Richard

Thats wonderful!

Yet…this is so off topic 🙄

perhaps it should be moved away from here?🙈

there s so much to talk about this update #5☺️☺️

bro denis interview and headquarters visits ☺️☺️

I want so badly to go to Warwick.  But.  We're literally on the other side of the country.  So a lot of us in our congregation are holding out until the Patterson renovations are done.

On 7/14/2023 at 7:15 PM, halfspanishlee said:

Wow really like what? 

On 7/14/2023 at 7:52 PM, Sofia said:

Joao: the announcement was done in our congregation :D Im so happy! The GB is very sensitive to all needs! I need zoom so much! 90% my hour requirement is done by zoom 😉 

On 7/14/2023 at 9:40 PM, Sofia said:

@jayrtom are we alowed to say it? about zoom? 

On 7/15/2023 at 10:28 PM, Sofia said:

I don't know how it is/was on other parts but around here the congregations were using an organization account for zoom, free of charge (for us). The change is that now that opportunity is canceled and congregations need to pay their own account. However a discount was negotiated (1/3 of regular value) and this discount can also be aquired by any publisher in the congregation if they want a personal account

The organization was having an enourmous expenditure with zoom and now the arrangement of the organization accouont will only be available for congregations and places with limited resources

On 7/20/2023 at 12:10 AM, witnessinwellington said:

We had the announcement in our congregation. Would it be possible to have an account in this country, and host the meeting for others in a poorer area of another country? Does it work to advantage with the discount offered?

We've had that discount in the US for a couple of years now. I had the full price version almost as soon as we started using Zoom because 40 minutes is too short to do anything interesting 😄.  So when offered a subscription for $4.90, I jumped at that.

It's a regular, full-featured subscription. I haven't hosted something for a large group for awhile, but if you look at the details on Zoom.com, you can see features for price points. The congregation discount is the first feature package. It's well worth it, to me 🥰

2 hours ago, Hope said:

It's a regular, full-featured subscription. I haven't hosted something for a large group for awhile, but if you look at the details on Zoom.com, you can see features for price points

So true. It's valued at the almost the $20/month plan. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It maybe the case with other branches, USA branch zoom accounts are disabled for recording meetings, I think. 

So no need for cloud storage. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 11:50 PM, WilliamChew said:

2023 GB Update #5 transcript with headings added (based on @Parale's transcript)

Brothers, I cannot access the transcript!

Voni in Des Moines

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

Is it because you are using tapatalk?

Try a different browser.

Thx but no, if I go through Tapatalk, I can no longer sign into jwtalk. So what I decided to do was use Google Chrome as opposed to Google. I was then able to extract it!

Thank you so much Bro William,

Voni in Des Des Moines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

• 2 weeks later...

Here in California,  a serious and rare storm is going to cause a lot of flooding in Southern Cal. Meteorologists say that rain at this time of year is unheard of.  There hasn't been a tropical storm warning in So. Ca. in 85 years.

The Regional Convention at the Toyota Arena in Ontario, CA. cancelled their Sunday program.  

Sunday will be the worst of the storm.  I'm sure the brothers didn't want any friends out on the freeways following the convention on Sunday.   The friends can stream to catch the end of the drama  :yes:.

Edited by Doug

On 8/16/2023 at 5:13 PM, Sofia said:

I gotta feeling that Update #6 will have something to do with Hawaian fires 

The more I look into this, It was one big flop. It should never happened. Yes, it times fires does pop up and goes away too. A matter a fact a couple months ago there was a fire there in the grassy area and happens all the time and at times burns itself out or hosed down, yet this fire should not happened and it did. 

7 hours ago, Doug said:

Here in California,  a serious and rare storm is going to cause a lot of flooding in Southern Cal. Meteorologists say that rain at this time of year is unheard of.  There hasn't been a tropical storm warning in So. Ca. in 85 years.

The Regional Convention at the Toyota Arena in Ontario, CA. cancelled their Sunday program.  

Sunday will be the worst of the storm.  I'm sure the brothers didn't want any friends out on the freeways following the convention on Sunday.   The friends can stream to catch the end of the drama  :yes:.

please keep safe 🙏🙏

praying for the best outcome

Quoting cnn.com

“California Gov. Gavin Newsom proclaimed a state of emergency Saturday for a large swath of Southern California to support hurricane response and recovery efforts, according to the governor’s office. 

“We’re mobilizing all of government as we prepare and respond to this unprecedented storm,” Newsom said”

again the “unprecedented” word 🙄

Edited by Sofia

8 hours ago, Doug said:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D