JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWTalk will shut down temporarily and change servers soon.

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I noticed the site has a new favicon, unless my browser is just really late to update it

I noticed that too. Happened roundabout the time of The Great Switch announcement and I thought it must be connected.  But apparently not. 

Anyhoo, we obviously haven't been plunged in to JWTalk oblivion yet.  Is this a lesson in exercising patience? 😁

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 8/24/2023 at 10:01 AM, Tortuga said:

And I saw a new VPS with a new DNS; for the former VPS and the former DNS had passed away, and the site is no more. I also saw the new location, Atlanta, coming down in price and prepared as a host for the site. With that I heard a loud voice from the Administrators say: “Look! The site is for all of baptized mankind, and it will be available for them, and they will be able to visit it. And the Administrators will be with them. And they will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and failures will be no more, neither will lack of space nor slow speed nor errors be anymore. The former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21ish...

Onward and upward!

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

Well, I had some serious storms come through Thursday night after the meeting. There were 7 confirmed tornados in the area. It knocked out my power and I just got it back on about 66 hours (almost 3 days) later.

Since I'm the techie volunteer, I didn't want to authorize the hosting company to do the migration when I was off the grid and couldn't do any testing, tweaking, etc.

“See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet.” - Matthew 24:6 :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Well, I had some serious storms come through Thursday night after the meeting. There were 7 confirmed tornados in the area. It knocked out my power and I just got it back on about 66 hours (almost 3 days) later.

Glad you came through the storms safely and hope they didn't cause too much damage. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

8 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Since I'm the techie volunteer, I didn't want to authorize the hosting company to do the migration when I was off the grid and couldn't do any testing, tweaking, etc.

“See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet.” - Matthew 24:6 :)

I am glad that you're ok. 

Do not feel to act immediately ..perhaps there are other pressing matters after the storm. 

Take care ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

38 minutes ago, Brother_Bliss said:

It took waaaaaay longer to migrate than it should have. The reason for the move was that we were running out of disk space. A backup couldn't be generated because there wasn't enough space to save the backup. Normally you create a backup, and then restore it on the new server, and the restoration routine sets everything up for you by default.

Since I couldn't do that myself, the Staff reached out to the hosting provider, who in turn had to migrate the site to the new server in smaller pieces, and then keep track of what they were doing because the new server runs a different operating system AND a different control panel, and therefore has a completely different file structure. It took them a while to figure out how to do it, and then even longer to actually do it, lol.

Thank you for all the work and time you've put into maintaining this wonderful site.