JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Meeting workbooks January- February 2024

I wonder if they’ll schedule GB updates rather than having to cancel and rearrange other items in order to play the update during the meeting.

it would be nice to have some new sample conversation topics, we’ve had the same handful quite a few times now. 

19 hours ago, MikeyRo said:

The new cover design sure hints for an updated layout overall. It also proves to be more appropriate and inclusive for languages that have the words "Meeting Workbook" before "Our Christian Life and Ministry".

Might learn of the changes at the annual meeting next month or in the next GB Update.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MU ORL said:

Hmmm... Did anyone else saw that after the annual meeting no one brought up the subject again? It might be me being crazy, but I think the changes to the mwb cover were explained at that meeting... 🤔

We don't know... but we'll find out soon. :P However, there was no discussion about the cover per se during the annual meeting program.

15 hours ago, MU ORL said:

Hmmm... Did anyone else saw that after the annual meeting no one brought up the subject again? It might be me being crazy, but I think the changes to the mwb cover were explained at that meeting... 🤔

All will be revealed on Nov 6/7. 

The 2024 MWB was briefly discussed at the AM.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, jwhess said:

What surprises you, Br. Alejandro?  The lack of the Jan/Fed workbook release or lack of information about the cover changes (which, by the way, I don't think are that important)?  Or is it something else?

Here it is around 1AM in the morning and I’m surprised we not asleep. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 5:50 PM, Olivier Proulx said:

We should soon receive the January-February 2024 meeting workbook. Do you think there will be any small changes? Maybe new suggestions for presentations?

Yes, very soon now. Most likely on Monday 6th.
Usually the Workbooks are made available 3 months prior to being needed for student assignments to be issued in good time by the Life and Ministry Meeting overseer. Naturally the time lest is reduced.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Please - do not post a link for any new publications UNTIL we can easily find it as a "new publication" in the app or on the jw.org site under "books and brochures"

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

5 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Please - do not post a link for any new publications UNTIL we can easily find it as a "new publication" in the app or on the jw.org site under "books and brochures"

This is important to our being able to have this amazing site. 

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

The link I have posted is to a publication that has been on the web since Last Updated: 2022-09-30, therefore it is not a new publication.  And it corresponds to the publication of JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2023. I have seen that others have links to publications that can be seen on the web.  So I don't understand why this link to a publication that has been on the web for more than 1 year cannot be published.

28 minutes ago, jwmanubcn said:

The link I have posted is to a publication that has been on the web since Last Updated: 2022-09-30, therefore it is not a new publication.  And it corresponds to the publication of JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2023. I have seen that others have links to publications that can be seen on the web.  So I don't understand why this link to a publication that has been on the web for more than 1 year cannot be published.

Your link that starts out with https://www.jw.org/download/?issue=202401 has NOT been up for a year. 2024 is new.

This is the issue often with URLs - the display text is one thing, but the link is something else.

EDIT
: In fact, try this

https://www.jw.org/download/?issue=202301&output=html&pub=mwb&fileformat=PDF,EPUB,JWPUB,RTF,TXT,BRL,BES,DAISY&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

26 minutes ago, trottigy said:

And it is available now too!!

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/

Wow! I love the new format too!!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D