JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Meeting workbooks January- February 2024

12 hours ago, ren'z said:

I hope there was an update to include the artwork pictures in Meetings tab in JW Library 

That is interesting that it isn't the same. I hope it changes too.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Interesting thing:

When I open the new MWM Workbook from the "Library", under workbooks/2024 and select a meeting date:

• I get all the images right there in the lesson
  • I get the meeting parts, but the images are not included on the main page with the lesson

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

40 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Interesting thing:

When I open the new MWM Workbook from the "Library", under workbooks/2024 and select a meeting date:

• I get all the images right there in the lesson
  • I get the meeting parts, but the images are not included on the main page with the lesson

Since it is too late to correct the other post, I will try to clear it up ... I noticed it was a bit confusing the way it is worded

The first bullet point is correct. The second should say that when I open the MWM Workbook under the "Meeting" tab, I get the meeting parts, but the images are not included on the main page with the lesson

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, pgwenlan said:

The media is all there for the meetings:  open a week, click the 3 dots at the top right & show media...

Exactly, but as John has observed, the images don't show up when you use the Meeting tab. There is a difference between that view and when you look at the week in the workbook.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Araujo JW said:

The video demonstrations of Brother Shadow and Brother Darkness (which I didn't particularly like) are over. :D

Well I meant also the live parts where sisters are assigned on stage demonstrations of the initial call followed by another sister doing a return visit or Bible study. 
sometimes brothers would do the demonstrations also. 
these will no longer be done?

Edited by dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

22 minutes ago, dove said:

Well I meant also the live parts where sisters are assigned on stage demonstrations of the initial call followed by another sister doing a return visit or Bible study. 

Of course we will still have those!

They are called:

1. Starting a conversation

2. Following up

3. Making Disciples

I forgot one

4. Explaing Your Beliefs (If it is a talk - it will be by a brother, but if a demo ... like the others)

Please take a look at the workbook - you'll see those parts.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, pgwenlan said:

The media is all there for the meetings:  open a week, click the 3 dots at the top right & show media...

For me on my iphone 11 pro I have at the top right, audio, language and video shortcuts and the 3 dots.  Click on the video and the media shows.  Click on the 3 dots shows settings etc.  Probably different device, different options.  

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

Of course we will still have those!

They are called:

1. Starting a conversation

2. Following up

3. Expaining Your Beliefs

Please take a look at the workbook - you'll see those parts.

And Making Disciples - Bible study portion 

4 hours ago, dove said:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/meetings/r1/lp-e/2024/02

We still have them, just a little different in the premise.

IMG_2936.jpeg

It seems to be a major shift to learning to just talk to people, no sample conversation, no source material for the items just a setting and a brand new brochure to teach us. My wife wondered if the governing body is preparing us for the work being banned in the great tribulation it's certainly a new focus for us

20 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

I’m am so looking forward to see how brothers and sisters develop their part next year. 

plus this makes me want to go to a meeting every night of the week to see the various way different ones develop the part.

I'm going to watch the streams too :D 

4 hours ago, Paul s said:

My wife wondered if the governing body is preparing us for the work being banned in the great tribulation it's certainly a new focus for us

My thoughts too

GT should not be too far away

i wouldn’t be surprised if we enter GT whithin a year

my speculation only 

I’m surprised with all major happenings in the World ever since Oct 7

and all spiritual food given ever since too 

last year AM was sort of encouraging 

This year the Celestial Wagon is in full speed now!!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”