JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

Reporting has been a part of my life. Along the way different methods and then apps was used for that purpose .  I want to make sure that my yes report at the end of next month for the first time in my life will be completed with a good conscience on my part.

Hours spent in the ministry has been always important for the GB and the organization.

it’s simply a great help to see how are we doing as to preach in the whole inhabited earth.

Although the scripture has been fulfilled for quite sometime, this announcement strengthens my faith that we are very close to the last part of Matthew 24:14

I think it is always better to link to the website, rather than copying the text to the forum, which we aren't allowed to as it is copyright protected!

That said, I find it a very considerate change, as it will free up time for the elders that normally goes to collecting all the data each month, especially the secretary and the Circuit- and District overseers. It again is a simplification of administration that saves many a lot of time!

Another good thing is, that those who can manage only a few hours, or even only a 15 minutes, don't have to feel embarrassed about the low number. They now can be equal with others as they report that they have been active, and Jehovah knows what you did.

So it is a very considerate change!

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Rodejong! I had no idea that linking the website to the forum was the proper way to present this information. Thank you for letting me know, I'll be more careful in the future. Honestly, I was shocked and surprised by the announcement, and thought I would share it with everyone here. From now on, I will definitely be more careful as to what I share when it comes to our site. Please forgive me for my blunder, I simply didn't understand that piece of information. 

I can say, quite confidently, that Jehovah has everything firmly in control. He doesn't operate according to our time table...he sees everything from the highest perspective and has all of the dominoes falling in place as they are supposed to fall. It's our job to stand tall and see the salvation of Jehovah, we wait on Jehovah and pray that we are worthy to survive Jehovah's day... allow Jehovah the right and ability to see the things we simply cannot see. Thanks to everyone who has responded, my goal was simply to bring this to everyone's attention. 

Edited by Timl1980

12 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

We are all going to be pioneers soon ... forging a way in a New World. Whether we are conducting Bible studies of the resurrected, involved in building or restoration work ... our whole lives will revolve around service to Jehovah. Recording time will be futile as all will be working side by side.

I have pioneered unofficially for a long time. I just felt that for mental health reasons that it was better for me to remain discreet.  

We all give our best ... pioneering is a way of life presently, for those who can have the circumstances to do so ... but with cares of this system gone and in good health we are all going to shine like we never have ....Remembering that shining now due to limitations is as precious as shining then. There should be no distinction between those in full time service.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Actually, Barbara Anne, my wife is the same. She has done the exact same thing, for literally the exact same reason. Plus she is about to undergo major open heart surgery at the end of this month. But her expressions after hearing this news today were positive, because she expressed that Jehovah knows her hours are sincere, her contribution is sincere. I told her that it is probably, in some ways, more sincere and appreciated by Jehovah... because he alone knows what someone with true mental health issues has to deal with day by day. I can't imagine what the two of you and a lot more just like you are going through each day...but please believe me when I say that Jehovah knows...and his understanding of those issues brings you into a very special place with Him...he sees the brokenness that exists and understands exactly what you MEAN... even if others sometimes get it wrong. No matter what you may think are your deficiencies... please please understand and hear me when I say... Jehovah will turn those into blessings...both now and in the new system. Your support and continual love for Jehovah and his organization do not go unnoticed...nor unappreciated. Thank you for the love you show all of us, and thank you for your kindness in understanding that we are just sinful people who don't know what you have to endure every single day.

Love to your wife Tim. We are seeing Jehovah prepare us all for what is ahead. Often those who have trials and tribulations are more prepared than they realize. May Jehovah be with us all in the coming days and may he give extra strength to those enduring difficulties. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, Ishaya said:

Was someone inbetween before? 😆

Yes at times. Our own unreasonablesness or comparing ourselves with others. Shouldn't happen, but it does. But that is our problem to work on, if it's a problem.  Today's WT is perfect.

4 hours ago, Timl1980 said:

Wow, huge news!!

On October 7, 2023, at the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, the following exciting announcement was made. Beginning November 1, 2023, congregation publishers will no longer be asked to report the amount of time they spend in the ministry. Nor will publishers be asked to report their placements, the videos they show, or return visits. Instead, the field service report will simply have a box that allows each publisher to indicate that he or she shared in any form of the ministry during the month. There will be one more box where publishers can report the number of different Bible studies they conduct. Missionaries, circuit overseers and their wives, special pioneers, regular pioneers, and auxiliary pioneers will continue to report the number of hours they spend in the ministry, along with the number of different Bible studies they conduct. Further information about this adjustment will be provided to all congregations in the coming weeks.

So what about brothers reaching out for privileges,

usually the amount of hours spent in field service is what the Elders use to assess seriousness (at least in my locality).

With this adjustment now,I'm not sure what the Elders will do.

2 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

With this adjustment now,I'm not sure what the Elders will do.

The announcement said we will receive more information, so I am confident the elders will be given more information. 

The elders will need to work with everyone in their groups and know them better than just looking at their report. 

Keep in mind that the elders look at more than just service hours. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It will all be revealed ... I too, had a similar thought,  if someone applies to pioneer, similar process. But people are still going to be visibly supporting Jehovah the elders will know who is wholehearted, who has limited circumstances etc. We trust that Jesus is our head and Jehovah is leading us.

FOLLOW THE CLOUD. ( sorry about caps, not yelling, but it was a talk by Brother Losch ... I was emphasizing)

Edited by Stormswift

Just now, Ishaya said:

Honestly sometimes brothers don't reach out for privileges because they just can't meet the hourly requirements.

they serve faithfully,always come for meetings and participate really well but field service hours marks them down 😂

Then they will appreciate the new arrangement

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Ishaya said:

Honestly sometimes brothers don't reach out for privileges because they just can't meet the hourly requirements.

they serve faithfully,always come for meetings and participate really well but field service hours marks them down 😂

So you can now see the need to know the brothers personal circumstances.  Elders won't have records to help it will require personal investigation, working with each one, to find out his heart intentions...❤️

Off topic. Why would a site choose a turtle to be a community assistant? Thank goodness it's not a pedestrian crossing with busy traffic.

***disappears for another few months! 

3 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Off topic. Why would a site choose a turtle to be a community assistant? Thank goodness it's not a pedestrian crossing with busy traffic.

Because turtles scare away kiwis!

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

***disappears for another few months! 

not just a turtle,but a turtle ninja,the turtle ninjas are very dexterous 🤣

Matthew 22:37 - You must love Jehovah with your WHOLE heart. 

Irrespective of how many hours you spend in the ministry each month, its your love for Jehovah that makes you step out of your home to go out and preach & teach each time.

Look at any application form for pioneering, it says in part, words to the effect "because of my love for Jehovah"... not because of some sort of recognition by others or Look "good" in front of others.

So if anyone thinks that one's might not be seen more in the field because they no longer report hours - who of us can know someone's true best, their true motives and their own love for Jehovah.