JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

I think this is the benefit of having a schedule and a goal that fits with our circumstances. That way, we can stay “regular” without having a numerical outcome attached. As others have said, it relieves us of the “hours” mindset, and we become focused on just the work Jehovah wants us to do, with joy and not the anxiety.

And if our circumstances allow less, our habit of speaking from the heart (and not because we have to count the time in minutes) will make our hearts soar - yes, we are still serving Jehovah obediently, Satan hasn’t won this month -tick

It's an amazing development!

10 hours ago, Ishaya said:

I am also going to miss the urgency to start a conversation in the field service so as to start recording time,

Honesty with this new adjustment it may take some time to keep up with the urgency to start a conversation in field service since I no longer have to worry about recording time.

We talk about Jehovah because it burns in our hearts to.

Honestly, I don't record all my time because I may speak about him a minute here, five minutes there and it  gets frustrating trying to remember or record all the little increments of time. 

While I'm personally still submitting time ... it's a feeling of freedom to speak and not worry about whether we've spoken to that person before then recording it ... so if I finish pioneering... I'll have to work out a new routine that's all.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Years ago I did a test. I was pioneering, I decided to not add up my time until the end of the month to see how much time I spent by just doing what I could do. I ended up with 119 hours! I was shocked. 

It'll take a bit to get used to not adding it up huh? 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

6 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Years ago I did a test. I was pioneering, I decided to not add up my time until the end of the month to see how much time I spent by just doing what I could do. I ended up with 119 hours! I was shocked. 

It'll take a bit to get used to not adding it up huh? 

Like someone said you could still add it up. We just don't need to submit it. Pioneers still submit time at this point. 

Personally I think we need these changes as we move into the New World.

And if there's any laxity ... then they were giving only token service prior anyway.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I was talking with some of the pioneers before and after the meeting about the change in reporting time. The one thing I assured them of was that they are still going to be supported as nothing will change in that area. 

Edited by DancesWithWife

Deleted the word after as it was a mistake

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

41 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

I was talking with some of the pioneers before and after the meeting about the change in reporting time. The one thing I assured them of was that they are still going to be supported as nothing will change in that area. 

I love supporting pioneers. Especially a couple (husband/wife) that although young have certain disabilities. The brother manages to go face to face (don’t remember the correct wording 🤣🤣) but his wife has fibromyalgia and other issues so right now she’s been continuing on Zoom/letter writing so I’ve been enjoying supporting her and even a younger sister (publisher) when she’s up to joining us.

But whether pioneers or not, giving support, commendation, association, especially encouragement is always important. All the friends need to know they are not only part of their congregation but loved as well.

Sorry I’ll get off the soap box now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

The announcement was that the publishers won't be reporting hours or placements, but nothing about the reason for the adjustment.

So, I'm thinking there's more to this announcement.  Come November 6, we will all be invited to hear the confidential side of the AM.  Perhaps then this adjustment will make total sense and we will all see the wisdom behind it.  Perhaps the ministry itself will be changing.

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

The announcement was that the publishers won't be reporting hours or placements, but nothing about the reason for the adjustment.

So, I'm thinking there's more to this announcement.  Come November 6, we will all be invited to hear the confidential side of the AM.  Perhaps then this adjustment will make total sense and we will all see the wisdom behind it.  Perhaps the ministry itself will be changing.

Thank you for your patience.  We have translating and other concerns right now.  This will be world-wide in multiple languages.  Yesterday it was discussed in English.

34 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Thank you for your patience.  We have translating and other concerns right now.  This will be world-wide in multiple languages.  Yesterday it was discussed in English.

I didn’t think of the translating. What a mammoth task for all those dear brothers and sisters on the 100’s of translation teams to translate it in such a short period of time. I know who I’ll be praying for over the next few weeks. 

On 10/7/2023 at 11:05 PM, Ishaya said:

So what about brothers reaching out for privileges,

usually the amount of hours spent in field service is what the Elders use to assess seriousness (at least in my locality).

With this adjustment now,I'm not sure what the Elders will do.

Well, they will look long and hard to find a quota of hours as a criteria for a theocratic appointment. 

Instead, they will need to apply the extended principle in Proverbs 27:23 and make their recommendations based on the scriptural qualifications. These will be more easily discerned if they have applied the counsel from the WT Feb 22 Study article 8 para 15 which says "Elders should do their best to develop close friendships with their brothers...."

Edited by Eejay

15 hours ago, Ishaya said:

I am also going to miss the urgency to start a conversation in the field service so as to start recording time,

Honesty with this new adjustment it may take some time to keep up with the urgency to start a conversation in field service since I no longer have to worry about recording time.

This sounds like an honest self appraisal here. Perhaps using the coming weeks before November to develop the kind of urgency recommended by Paul  at 1Cor.9:16 "Really woe to me if I do not declare the good news!" or at Rom.1:14 "Both to Greeks and to foreigners I am a debtor", will help with making this adjustment to properly motivated ministry.

Edited by Eejay

10 hours ago, Ishaya said:

Honestly with this new arrangement  field service performance will seriously seriously reduce,a lot of brothers will not participate very much in field service again because laziness will set in.

Oh dear! Will this be in your case as well? Perhaps it is a good thing that Jehovah is giving lazy ones and those serving electronic devices an opportunity to shake themselves up and abandon bad traits and practices so that their worship and service can be stirred up with proper zeal. This will benefit both the individuals and the people in the territory.

Lets hope you are just adjusting to a new approach. After all, a number questioned the result of furnishing literature without cost all those years ago, and more recently the establishment of new arrangements for the managing of Kingdom Halls. But fears of negative results have proved unfounded. Remember what Jesus said about those who criticised his different way of doing things: "All the same, wisdom is proved righteous by its works". Matt 11:19 😊

For me, it's business as usual. I've never worried about hours (unless Aux pioneering), I do what I can, and I feel comfortable within myself. I certainly never compare myself to others. And I have nothing but admiration for those that extend themselves in preaching and conducting Bible studies.

Yes, I could do more, and when I can, I try, but that's just between me and Jehovah, and no-one else.

Edited by SteveAus

I trust Jehovah. He is doing this for a reason(s) and at this point in time, it's the right thing to do or we wouldn't be doing it this way. Don't bog yourselves down with the "what if's", just make a resolve that despite this change it won't diminish the zeal you have to help others. We don't need to worry about what someone else does or does not do in the ministry from this point on. I know plenty of older ones who only get in maybe an hour at the most a month but they're the most faithful coming to in-person meetings and commenting. That one hour is a 100 in Jehovah's eyes. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Remember, we have been told that we will be asked to do things we may not understand or seems unusual. We have to keep up with the chariot ... with smiles! It means our lives.

Maybe instead of sticks we can use lego!

Hubby doesn't  need to shave. Maybe they will ask all brothers with mustaches to shave.

Edited by Stormswift

Remember too guys Tom and I got this huge table for you all to come to NZ in the New World. It's OK Turtle you have centuries to get here... we will just use GPS to track your sloooowwww progress.