JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

Just now, Adam! said:

Matthew 22:37 - You must love Jehovah with your WHOLE heart. 

Irrespective of how many hours you spend in the ministry each month, its your love for Jehovah that makes you step out of your home to go out and preach & teach each time.

Look at any application form for pioneering, it says in part, words to the effect "because of my love for Jehovah"... not because of some sort of recognition by others or Look "good" in front of others.

So if anyone thinks that one's might not be seen more in the field because they no longer report hours - who of us can know someone's true best, their true motives and their own love for Jehovah.

Exactly.

It has been emphasized that our internal ministry is as important as our external.  We don't record time for that do we? 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 minutes ago, Dages said:

Preaching and reporting about our Bible students...

That's simple. 

The Slave is training is to the ministry in Paradise, think about it :D

Totally agree. We are being trained for the ministry in the new world. Sin e basically we will all be teachers. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

4 hours ago, coony77 said:

These are really the most amazing breaking news I have ever read! :o

Of course, I don't know what the reasons for this decision were (maybe we'll find out in the next broadcast) but Jehovah always has the best motives for decisions. I myself never " bothered " to fill out the report, but a few thoughts came to my mind as to whom all this must be a relief to now. Jehovah is truly loving, and obviously wants organizational things to be as simple as possible for us in these last days. He doesn't need a report anyway to know how we feel about our service.

I´m quoting myself :) because I would like to rephrase one of my sentences so that there is no misunderstanding: I myself never " bothered " minded to fill out the report...

My original sentence could be mistaken to mean that I never filled out a report. Of course, I did not mean to say that.

Chrissy :wave:

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

Yes at times. Our own unreasonablesness or comparing ourselves with others. Shouldn't happen, but it does. But that is our problem to work on, if it's a problem.  Today's WT is perfect.

Comparing ourselves is one thing, but I thought about something else, too. Some are sad or disappointed in themselves when they can report very little - perhaps due to their health problems or other circumstances (not comparing themselves to others but maybe to what they were able to do in the past).

Deep inside, of course, they know that the most important thing is to do your best, and that this is not measured by numbers. But still, we´re all imperfect, so we might feel this way sometimes. Without having to write down an amount of hours, it might be easier for such brothers to stop worrying so much about it. Just a thought.

Furthermore, this change also means a reduction of administrative tasks in the congregation. We are living deep in the Last Days. Jehovah therefore always directs the focus to the more important things at the right time

Jehovah's celestial chariot is on the move no doubt about it. We have changes many of never thought we would see. From my early days of offering the Watchtower and Awake for 5 cents. From vacation, temporary to auxiliary pioneering. The reduction in hours to pioneer. The weekly Bible study, usually in homes was discontinued which allowed a night for family worship. 

Now with our change in no longer reporting hours for publishers. Simplify to find out where the greatest need to help those who want to study the Bible. Less records for the brothers to keep. Jehovah's organization is going forward, thinking forward. They are like an F-1 auto racer, they get in the car, remove the rear-view mirror and go forward to the finish line, not looking back.

An artist conception of the Celestial Chariot from the book "Pure Worship of Jehovah—Restored At Last!" page 34.

Celestial Chariot.jpeg

Edited by DancesWithWife

I added "Jehovah's celestial chariot" to clarify my thought

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

22 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

So let us appreciate the FDS and all the local elders who did a great job over many decades helping us all to see the importance and the benefits of our monthly reports. :thumbsup:

The insight book defines loyalty - or "loyal love" - like this: "It is kindness that lovingly attaches itself to an object UNTIL ITS PURPOSE IN CONNECTION WITH THAT OBJECT IS REALIZED."

So, I guess the purpose of the reports is realized - and our dear brothers have shown loyal love for many many decades 😊

6 hours ago, Jan Brad said:

Is it me or did someone on this forum actually speculate that this could happen🤔🤔? Does my memory serve me well?

Good memory: brother Richard mentioned this some years ago

@Tortuga you are a visionary 🤣

IMG_7078.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 minute ago, Sofia said:

I started that discussion because I thought it was interesting to examine how we would react. It gives us a chance to reflect on how much we are motivated by a love for mankind or just to count time. I honestly didn't think that it would happen like this.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I started that discussion because I thought it was interesting to examine how we would react. It gives us a chance to reflect on how much we are motivated by a love for mankind or just to count time. I honestly didn't think that it would happen like this.

Ephesians 3:20 😃😃😃😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

It's a beautiful night out, Jehovah has such beauty for us to see and observe. Thanks to everyone who responded to this post, and please know that Jehovah...and all of us...give each of you a huge bear hug...and we look forward to getting to know each of you very well in the new world. From my wife and I, have a wonderful evening...and know that you are loved and appreciated. No matter who you are or how you serve in Jehovah's house...each of you is desperately needed... even if you don't always know how much you are appreciated and loved.

IMG_20231007_194303330.jpg

IMG_20231007_194257099_HDR.jpg

I loved this announcement, I see this has improving peace, unity, and those who make rules will not be able to do this any longer. I can see a day when Pioneering is gone. I guess the big difference is publishers never signed up to a hour requirement, when pioneers, CO's, special pioneers, and missionaries have. The do so willingly and not under compulsion.

9 hours ago, Jan Brad said:

Is it me or did someone on this forum actually speculate that this could happen🤔🤔? Does my memory serve me well?

Yes, it was suggested very accurately here.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/55262-spoilers-2023-annual-meeting/?do=findComment&comment=944689

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Good memory: brother Richard mentioned this some years ago

IMG_7078.jpeg

I could see that as a good thing. I know pioneers that that is their identity, not the Christian personality and they tend to become self-righteous. Of course, that is a very small percentage. This announcement reminds me of 1 Cor 13:13

"Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love."

But I am really going to miss my field service time tracking app,it has been a really good motivation for me going for field service.

I'm really going to miss something actually😔

Is there something else i am going to miss with this new adjustment?

8 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

But I am really going to miss my field service time tracking app,it has been a really good motivation for me going for field service.

I'm really going to miss something actually😔

Is there something else i am going to miss with this new adjustment?

Oh dear brother 

you can still keep doing it ☺️

only you don’t have to share it with the elders at the end of the month 😉