JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

I could see where Pioneering is gone also. My scriptural thoughts on this are, do not compare yourself to others, let your works be in secret, unity, and faith not works. There is a small percentage of pioneers who put themselves above others and judge them. With all the comments in our publications about widow's mite and such, I could see this. 

Just my opinion from frustrations of such behavior dividing a congregation.

5 minutes ago, Golfguy74 said:

I could see where Pioneering is gone also. My scriptural thoughts on this are, do not compare yourself to others, let your works be in secret, unity, and faith not works. There is a small percentage of pioneers who put themselves above others and judge them. With all the comments in our publications about widow's mite and such, I could see this. 

The 'not comparing' ourselves to others works for all of us (pioneering or not).  I am sorry you see some kind of competition in your congregation.  We have 30 happy, sharing, generous pioneers in our congregation of 96.  We keep adding to the group almost monthly.  We try to include as many as we can to our car groups.  I am unaware of any 'seniority' or 'hierarchy' issues here.

If any fell they are not doing as much as others, it is usually a self-imposed comparison.  We try to help such ones see that Jehovah treasures us all.

15 minutes ago, Golfguy74 said:

That is unfortunate. However the logic doesn’t jive. Based on that logic we couldn’t have elders, servants, CO’s etc. People are going to have the imperfections of comparing or lack of humility and it is up to each individual to work on those imperfections. 
After all, we will still have princes in the new system. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

21 minutes ago, Golfguy74 said:

True I just like to think about what we are doing now that is very important on this side of the system but won't transfer over into the new system. Each year we get closer to the great tribulation those things are addressed along with more spiritual light. 

The Morning Worship by brother Dellinger about the Great Crowd made me think about how the brothers have shifted from looking at the effort that goes into making disciples to looking at the results of that effort instead. 

Its more encouraging to see the results that focusing on the effort it takes to produce those results.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

The 'not comparing' ourselves to others works for all of us (pioneering or not).  I am sorry you see some kind of competition in your congregation.  We have 30 happy, sharing, generous pioneers in our congregation of 96.  We keep adding to the group almost monthly.  We try to include as many as we can to our car groups.  I am unaware of any 'seniority' or 'hierarchy' issues here.

If any fell, they are not doing as much as others, it is usually a self-imposed comparison.  We try to help such ones see that Jehovah treasures us all.

Probably should not have posted this. Touchy subject. As stated at James 1:26, James 3:8, and 1 John 3:18, anyone can say things the discourage others.

Again, my apologies for posting this as it would not be good to quote the misuse of others speech to back up my statement. 

11 hours ago, jwhess said:

If any fell they are not doing as much as others, it is usually a self-imposed comparison.  We try to help such ones see that Jehovah treasures us all.

Just wanted to share and expand on this thought. There's a module in the pioneer school that touches on comparing ourselves. The moment we do that we lose joy. So IF (and I'm sure there's the odd one) anyone is doing that, then they lose joy in their ministry and will not last. It's been my experience that others perception is that pioneers think more of themselves.

It's probably because that is much of what they speak about, just as we have those who talk about their career choices, and we enjoy that, pioneers speak about their career choice which is pioneering and it's easy to bubble over, like it is with those who love their secular careers. 

Patience is needed for both publishers and pioneers as both make sacrifices. But the more one immerses oneself in Jehovahs holy spirit the more one has to  talk about.

Re: Widow might. She was more than generous with her material things ... so that she would probably have been generous in her service to others also. Pioneers are often giving the widows might as well materially along with our precious publishers who support those whose circumstances allows them to pioneer. We are all the same. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

11 hours ago, Golfguy74 said:

I follow the thought that all options are on the table until Jehovah says they aren't.

I, too, have the option that pioneering may come to an end, on paper.

We know that the greatest preaching work will end at some stage. But the greatest Bible education ever is about to start.

So like when  covid hit, we had to change the gears down so the car could get up the hill more easily. Likewise when the GT hits we again may temporarily have to change the gears down only so we can speed up when we are on the other side of the hill.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

11 hours ago, Golfguy74 said:

I started a topic about six years ago to discuss how we would feel if one day the GB eliminated Aux and Reg pioneering and no one had to turn in any field service report of any kind. It was an interesting discussion and one of the points was that no one would be able to compare their service activity with anyone.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I remember that. I feel old! Not as old as you though!!

It was a thought provoking thread. Thing is ... Jehovah burns in all our hearts. We can't stop speaking about him ay?

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I started a topic about six years ago to discuss how we would feel if one day the GB eliminated Aux and Reg pioneering and no one had to turn in any field service report of any kind. It was an interesting discussion and one of the points was that no one would be able to compare their service activity with anyone.

Had someone used in the local area tell me one time "you cannot console a pioneer" there lies the problems. 

On 10/20/2023 at 11:49 AM, BLEmom said:

That is unfortunate. However the logic doesn’t jive. Based on that logic we couldn’t have elders, servants, CO’s etc. People are going to have the imperfections of comparing or lack of humility and it is up to each individual to work on those imperfections. 
After all, we will still have princes in the new system. 

Maybe, I am looking forward to the November broadcast as the scriptural reasons for the change will be public.  Actually, it does jive, elders, ministerial servants, older men in Jerusalem, letters being sent to congregations, and the F&DS is also. I digress, this will go nowhere, because of imperfections, there will always be those who are position consciences.

21 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Just wanted to share and expand on this thought. There's a module in the pioneer school that touches on comparing ourselves. The moment we do that we lose joy. So IF (and I'm sure there's the odd one) anyone is doing that, then they lose joy in their ministry and will not last. It's been my experience that others perception is that pioneers think more of themselves.

It's probably because that is much of what they speak about, just as we have those who talk about their career choices, and we enjoy that, pioneers speak about their career choice which is pioneering and it's easy to bubble over, like it is with those who love their secular careers. 

Patience is needed for both publishers and pioneers as both make sacrifices. But the more one immerses oneself in Jehovahs holy spirit the more one has to  talk about.

Re: Widow might. She was more than generous with her material things ... so that she would probably have been generous in her service to others also. Pioneers are often giving the widows might as well materially along with our precious publishers who support those whose circumstances allows them to pioneer. We are all the same. 

Thank you, I try to do things out of love and trust of the friends. 

4 hours ago, Golfguy74 said:

Thank you, I try to do things out of love and trust of the friends. 

We have to my dear brother ... you see love believes all things. Satan would so much like to enter the congregation and divide it. It is each one's responsibility to not let that happen to the best of their ability. Especially now.

This is what I plan to text to my group next week. Does it sound clear enough?

Please turn in your report for October, if you are a publisher, please indicate whether you shared in any form of the ministry during the month (Yes or No) and the number of different Bible studies you conducted. 

If you are an auxiliary pioneer or a regular pioneer, please report the number of full hours you spent in the ministry and the number of different Bible studies you conducted.

42 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Please turn in your report for October, if you are a publisher, please indicate whether you shared in any form of the ministry during the month (Yes or No) and the number of different Bible studies you conducted.

Technically 5 -15 minutes of writing ✍️ a witnessing letter would make Yes. There is no reason to be inactive in the ministry. (I might steal you template as a sms to my group) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Technically 5 -15 minutes of writing ✍️ a witnessing letter would make Yes. There is no reason to be inactive in the ministry. (I might steal you template as a sms to my group) 

I plan to text that to everyone in my group, including the inactive ones.

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I plan to text that to everyone in my group, including the inactive ones.

Wouldn’t be nice to see them active again… even with “small coin” contribution 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Could that be a test for inactive ones …? Jehovah watching and anticipating if the can find 5 min for him? I have to meditate on this. Perhaps there is a deeper level for the reason of removal reports. 

4 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Wouldn’t be nice to see them active again… even with “small coin” contribution 

It will be interesting to find out how the SFL 25:17 applies.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

This is what I plan to text to my group next week. Does it sound clear enough?

Please turn in your report for October, if you are a publisher, please indicate whether you shared in any form of the ministry during the month (Yes or No) 

Might be helpful to add  .   .   during the month, even if less than one full hour, (Yes or No)

Pioneers and others are directed to report full hours.  Might a publisher think they should answer 'No' if they didn't share in the ministry for one full hour?

20 minutes ago, Doug said:

Might be helpful to add  .   .   during the month, even if less than one full hour, (Yes or No)

Pioneers and others are directed to report full hours.  Might a publisher think they should answer 'No' if they didn't share in the ministry for one full hour?

Thanks. I used the same verbage that was in the letter to the congregations.

Yesterday my return visit texted me to let me know that he has covid. I told him to get better and use any medications that he qualifies for. I also told him that I'll be praying for him and quoted the scripture that says no man will say I am sick. I think that counts as a return v... oh wait...😂😜

Edited by coolbrz731