JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

Last night at the meeting I jokingly told our group overseer that I will be sending him a text that says "yes".  That will be me turning in my time early.  He...he went along with it!  He told me to not forget to mention my bible studies.  I wasn't expecting him to allow me to do that.  I did explain that I would be turning in my hours since I'm aux pioneering this month.

I tried to submit my field service report for October with NW Publisher. It wanted an hour amount. It would let me put in "0". But I didn't feel comfortable doing that. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

21 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

I tried to submit my field service report for October with NW Publisher. It wanted an hour amount. It would let me put in "0". But I didn't feel comfortable doing that. 

Our elder said put in any number..so maybe put in a higher number? The number is not recorded..jhst the publisher's participation..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

14 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Our elder said put in any number..so maybe put in a higher number? The number is not recorded..jhst the publisher's participation..

1000? :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Ah, but given the opportunity it's your chance to put in the highest number you can, say 999 .... even though there where only 744 hours in October :-0

Perhaps the principle at 2 Kings 13:18, 19 ??

Edited by Parale

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

Last night at the meeting I jokingly told our group overseer that I will be sending him a text that says "yes".  That will be me turning in my time early.  He...he went along with it!  He told me to not forget to mention my bible studies.  I wasn't expecting him to allow me to do that.  I did explain that I would be turning in my hours since I'm aux pioneering this month.

It's a good reminder that if anyone wants to turn in a YES the first time they share in any form of ministry in the month, they may want to wait until the end of the month anyway just in case the number of Bible Studies they conduct changes.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

59 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

The instruction said just put in Yes or No. Why is your elder saying something else if you're not pioneering?

45 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

1000? :lol1:

Or maybe 144000

13 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

I just texted it instead. 

That's how we are doing it. Our field service group overseer has just gone to Malaysia for 3 months so the poor young brother in charge is doing it all. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

20 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

I think he was being facetious especially towards those who insist on putting in their hours although not needing to do so. 

Okay. Just surprised there are still any who insist on putting in their hours. It will take some getting used to. 

In my congregation, the letter has been read more than twice so far. Was again repeated last night. 

8 minutes ago, truce said:

Okay. Just surprised there are still any who insist on putting in their hours. It will take some getting used to. 

In my congregation, the letter has been read more than twice so far. Was again repeated last night. 

I checked  with the Secretary.  He said, use the NW Publisher app if we are used to it.  For those of use who used to track our time on that app it is already populated with all of the numbers.  We just hit the "submit: button and it goes to him.

He said that was fine.  If it is a publisher, he knows they were out in the ministry and if  it is a pioneer, he knows the hours and ignores the rest.  He said there was no need to change a good habit in reporting.  

The brothers in NWP will fix the report (probably in time for November report.

NOTE: the secretary does not have the new forms to put the new reports on anyway.  The organization just published (released) them this morning online.

19 minutes ago, truce said:

I thought that this month (October service) was the last month hours could be submitted as the official ‘start date’ for the new ‘yes/no’ submission is December 1st ( November service) I could very well be wrong however I know many in our congregation still submitted their hours for October however they plan for an app update for NW publisher their November service. 

28 minutes ago, JenniferP said:

I thought that this month (October service) was the last month hours could be submitted as the official ‘start date’ for the new ‘yes/no’ submission is December 1st ( November service) I could very well be wrong however I know many in our congregation still submitted their hours for October however they plan for an app update for NW publisher their November service. 

I thought so too but the letter explained that this would start with our October Field Service Report which is usually turned in on November 1st.

29 minutes ago, JenniferP said:

Actually in the letter it was brought out that the start date for the new yes/no option is November 1st. And it was emphasised starting with the October report. Anyway, it is what it is. We don't use NW publisher app in my neck of the woods. I suppose it's privately owned. 

9 minutes ago, truce said:

Actually in the letter it was brought out that the start date for the new yes/no option is November 1st. And it was emphasised starting with the October report. Anyway, it is what it is. We don't use NW publisher app in my neck of the woods. I suppose it's privately owned. 

It is.  It's just so easy to use and versatile, that elder bodies fall in love with it.  Or in our case, the CO.  Our whole circuit is using it now.