JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

1 hour ago, computerwiz said:

Many of us have to figure out how to wear a beard.  I'm 36 years old and never had one before, ever...

There's gonna be some "ugly" before we all figure it out.  Might need a regional convention on patience....  :raspberry:

Only 36 years old, brother Jeremy ? In the inset photo you do more😊

Tempest in a teapot .. the only thing that most of us can change is our hair since it is the only thing that consistently grows  or doesn’t. 😳😇
Most people like a bit of variety in their life, so hair seems to be one of the options that can satisfy our desire for a different “look” ..  

Change for the most part always gives us a different perspective and something to talk about… this topic for example gives us lots of personal hairy perspectives 😎… oh for the days were I could actually perm my hair …😎

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

22 hours ago, Mike047 said:

Glenn, a number of them look ridiculous, certainly some of the appointed men who seem to be showing a degree of immaturity as a result of this talk.

Hopefully it will be a five minute wonder for some of them, then we can get rid of this thread!

I think some brothers are enjoying the freedom of having the choice for a change after years of obediently shaving. I know a number of brothers in my cong would throw away the razor while on holiday - you'd see them in their holiday pics with a stubbly growth - but they'd be back at the meetings obediently clean shaven. I think it's so lovely that they now have the choice. 

However, just as certain styles of clothing or certain colours suit some but not others, or particular hairstyles look better on some than others, so it is with beards - some men they suit, others not so much. Or some brothers may be growing the wrong style of beard for their face shape. 

I'm sure given time these brothers will come to know their own style and what suits them best and adjust accordingly. 

Whatever they do or however they look, they are still the same loving brothers serving Jehovah to the very best of their ability as they were BB (before beards). ❤️

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:30 AM, jwhess said:

For those trying to do more research on this event, it was the convention of 1939 at Madison Square Garden in New York.  Further details were in the 1975 Yearbook (yb) on pages 180-182.

*** w82 8/15 p. 12 Endurance by Faith in Jehovah ***
There were times when angry mobs tried to break up our peaceful conventions. For example, I was present at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Sunday, June 25, 1939, when Catholic Action groups tried to prevent the public lecture “Government and Peace” by J. F. Rutherford. But we were ready.

They were throwing punches back then. I wish I was there.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:30 PM, jwhess said:

For those trying to do more research on this event, it was the convention of 1939 at Madison Square Garden in New York.  Further details were in the 1975 Yearbook (yb) on pages 180-182.

*** w82 8/15 p. 12 Endurance by Faith in Jehovah ***
There were times when angry mobs tried to break up our peaceful conventions. For example, I was present at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Sunday, June 25, 1939, when Catholic Action groups tried to prevent the public lecture “Government and Peace” by J. F. Rutherford. But we were ready.

They were throwing punches back then. I wish I was there.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:52 PM, Andrey said:

OTHER CHANGES IN VIEWPOINT

Advancement in understanding God’s Word brought about some other adjustments in Christian thinking. According to Grant Suiter, the late 1920’s were noteworthy along these lines. He says: “Modification of viewpoints respecting scriptures and matters of procedure seemed to be constant during these years. For example, it was in 1927 that The Watch Tower pointed out that the sleeping faithful members of the body of Christ were not resurrected in 1878 [as once thought], that life is in the blood and that the matter of somber dress would properly be modified.” (See The Watch Tower for 1927, pages 150-152, 166-169, 254, 255, 371, 372.) For that matter, the year before, during the London, England, convention of May 25-31, 1926, Brother Rutherford spoke from the platform while attired in a business suit, instead of the formal black frock coat that had long been worn by public speakers among Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301975003

Can anyone tell me on which pages the brothers mention the "of somber dress". If you can select information to read.

150. 151. 152. Страницы. 15 мая. w1927_E.pdf 314.92 kB · 4 downloads 166. 167. 168. 169. Страницы. 1 июня. w1927_E.pdf 389.96 kB · 1 download 254. 255. Страницы. 15 августа. w1927_E.pdf 180.75 kB · 1 download 371. 372. 373. Страницы. 15 декабря. w1927_E.pdf 274.33 kB · 0 downloads

Several brothers want to copy Russell and Rutherford need to change it and he did.

Some of the young brothers are starting really early with their beards. (actually this is my great grandson, I did this a few years ago)

2021-06-24_17-07-36_094.jpeg

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

On 1/19/2024 at 12:44 PM, Mike047 said:

If I could grow the hair on my head, that I could grow on my chin I would be very happy.

However, at present I can share in the ministry with baldness

In that club myself, going on 4 decades now! 

I never cared for how I looked with just a moose-tash so I did without the facial hair thing. But now ... happy to have the choice. 🙂 

I used to hear from people an explanation of why some are bald and some are not bald. The reason: 'Jehovah made heads with hairlines of all types and on the top of some heads he gave more hair to cover up imperfections.' 

Not sure I really buy that. Anyways, someday I hope to have hair to cover my perfectly bald head. 

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

There was a talk posted on JW.org broadcast,  I think about a week ago of Geoffrey Jackson with no beard. I wonder if that is current?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwb-095_2_VIDEO

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.