JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

9 hours ago, Mike047 said:

You may recall a kingdom hall picture some time back with two brothers at the back of the hall, one with tight trousers and a hair style to match.

image.png.785a8bd1a0530ac4c7f7af6d6dfff53c.png

DocScan (3).pdf 731.55 kB · 7 downloads

Both brothers to the right have tight short pants. Don't let those white socks peak out these days. It may draw the eyes of observers away from those stylish beards.

19 hours ago, Mike047 said:

In the watchtower study article comments were made on it.

Can I have the link to that watchtower study article? On second thought, let me see if I can find it myself.

*** w17 January p. 25 par. 12 You Can Remain Modest Under Test ***

Spoiler

12 Modesty helps us always to dress, groom, and comport ourselves in a decent and respectable manner. We realize that we win people’s hearts, not by boasting or drawing undue attention to ourselves, but by displaying a “quiet and mild spirit.” Vain sentiments in our hearts will eventually show up in our actions. We might drop hints, for example, implying that we enjoy special privileges, possess inside information, or have special relationships with responsible brothers. Or we might explain things in such a way that only we get the credit for ideas or accomplishments that others also contributed to. Again, Jesus set a wonderful example. A good portion of what he said was either a quotation from or an allusion to the Hebrew Scriptures. He modestly spoke that way so that his hearers would know that what he said was coming from Jehovah and was not the product of his own intellect or wisdom.—John 8:28.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2017247&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=21

Edited by Imagine

I can personally attest that Jackson’s beard/goatee is real. 

It was the graduation for SKE class 153 in Florida. There was not a single mention of beards during the program, but about 3 graduates and Jackson had beards during the program. 

Multiple people mentioned this, but it was not the ASL class of SKE. That was held in Patterson, this was an English class in the Palm Coast Education Facility in Florida. At that facility there were dozens of COs who were sporting beards at various stages as well. 

I guarantee that it’s real lol, but alls I have is my word. 

Edited by 1MKnight

So around a month ago I convinced my dad about me growing a beard, the catch being that he will line it up, and keep the neck shaved, which I am cool with that. 

Before my parents hated my beard but now they are saying that they are starting to like it, is something I never thought my Dad would say 😂 

After a month it has filled in a lot more, but my mustache still doesn’t connect to the beard, and one side is a little more patchy than the other. 

But anyway I just wanted to share, I mostly wanted to grow one because we can and I wanted to try a different style. I am liking it so far!

IMG_8438.jpeg

On 2/19/2024 at 1:20 AM, 1MKnight said:

I can personally attest that Jackson’s beard/goatee is real. 

Michael,  did you see him yourself? Just curious. :popcorn:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Herodotus says that the Nile dwellers shaved the heads of the boys, leaving only a few locks on the sides and perhaps on the front and back. When the child reached maturity these were removed as being marks of childhood. For the men, it was a sign of mourning or slovenliness to let the hair and beard grow. For this reason Joseph, when taken out of prison, shaved before being brought into the presence of Pharaoh. (Ge 41:14) Egyptian men, however, sometimes wore wigs, and beards that they tied on. Some Egyptian monumental representations show men of high rank with long, well-cared-for hair; it is not discernible whether the hair is their own or is a wig.