JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

And yet our Circuit assembly is not until May!

Bro Wood said the Branch gave COs the option of any Friday after January 1 to have the Pioneer Meeting, as we were reviewing the new "Love People" brochure. He thought it would be nice to pick this mid-season Friday to give us a lift ahead of the May BRCA. 🥰

It's also right before his starting the new series of CO talks - those start Tuesday at Rosedale Park Congregation. 

On 3/7/2024 at 12:37 PM, Pjdriver said:

I still don’t see any brothers with beards on JW.org. or the broadcast.  

Is that just coincidence? :coffee:

Yes - its almost a coincidence….more likely they were recorded last summer / fall / early winter 2023

We have had bearded brothers doing Bethel morning worship, comments, Gilead and branch committee school students with beards for the last 3 months

17 hours ago, truce said:

Everyone has a beard save the sisters. Time to grow one @Hope

Just in case she didn't get me. I was saying to you sister uani @Hope that all the brothers in the picture you sent have beards except the sisters. And don't you think it's about time for you to grow one? I think the joke got lost in translation.

10 hours ago, truce said:

Just in case she didn't get me. I was saying to you sister uani @Hope that all the brothers in the picture you sent have beards except the sisters. And don't you think it's about time for you to grow one? I think the joke got lost in translation.

No- I understood it perfectly.. that's why I laughed. 

I'd rather let the brothers have their moment... sisters are always the fancy ones 😄😉

1 hour ago, Hope said:

No- I understood it perfectly.. that's why I laughed. 

I'd rather let the brothers have their moment... sisters are always the fancy ones 😄😉

Thank you for understanding the joke for what it was. I was beginning to worry that I might have offended you. 

On 3/9/2024 at 2:31 AM, Dages said:

Always? No.

But it became tolerated around 2017(?) and was extremely rare.

I visited France in the early 90’s. We went to an English meeting in Nice. There was a brother passing mikes who had a beard. We, as americans, were blown away.  So there were beards 30 years ago. And yes, it opened our minds to the possibility of it coming eventually to America. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

38 minutes ago, Sofia said:

The photo depicts reality. It was taken from Jw.org.

While I do not doubt the veracity of that particular photo above, we need to remember that just because a photo is on Jw.org, doesn't mean it hasn't had some major and significant photoshopping done to it - indeed perhaps the most notable example is with the Governing Body themselves.....

image.thumb.png.12d5127f1b881302839b3d0edee77332.png

• 2014 - God's Kingdom Rules!, page 130
  • 2017 - Watchtower, February 2017, page 27
  • 2021 - Enjoy Life Forever!, page 225
  • 2024 - Watchtower, February 2024, page 23
  • 2021 - Governing Body Update 2021, #6 (video screenshot)

Edited by Parale

1 hour ago, puddum_queen said:

I certainly hope this is true! Then everyone can stop questioning the validity of pictures posted here. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such skepticism before and distrust before. 

I can confirm this is true. Let's be patient guys.

Also, let's not share what isn't publicly available yet

Edited by Dages