JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

Could beards be a requirement for heavenly life?  Haven’t you noticed all the pictures of those in Heaven  have beards?   We had the clues all along.... and we just couldn’t see it!  Perhaps the brothers are preparing themselves for heavenly life.

The end Must be near. :shrugs: :lol:  

Image.thumb.jpeg.c4f0a9b08c30375a4b29fdcf49961d6f.jpeg

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

5 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Isn't a beard physical?

"It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical beard, there is also a spiritual one."

- 1 Corinthians 15:44 (in free version). 

Edited by Araujo JW

9 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Isn't a beard physical?

Didn't you see the picture? Beards in heaven. :coffee:

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Pjdriver said:

Could beards be a requirement for heavenly life?  Haven’t you noticed all the pictures of those in Heaven  have beards?   We had the clues all along.... and we just couldn’t see it!  Perhaps the brothers are preparing themselves for heavenly life.

Not to continue to beat a dead horse regarding this subject, (so to speak), but I just saw this article today...and I was curious to see if anyone else had heard of this change in policy for the U.S. Army: Soldiers can have beards for the first time in 100 years (msn.com)

I thought it interesting...even if it was unrelated to our change in this regard. Any thoughts?

10 minutes ago, Timl1980 said:

Not to continue to beat a dead horse regarding this subject, (so to speak), but I just saw this article today...and I was curious to see if anyone else had heard of this change in policy for the U.S. Army: Soldiers can have beards for the first time in 100 years (msn.com)

I thought it interesting...even if it was unrelated to our change in this regard. Any thoughts?

J-Dubs are known for being fashion trendsetters.. 😉 

3 hours ago, Amen said:

Yes Jehovah is more steps ahead of humans. All this changes: beard, no tie, trousers are in some way related to our future: the great tribulation. 

Then our next Update should tell us to keep a toothbrush with us all the time in case we are arrested.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/26/2024 at 4:36 AM, Pjdriver said:

It's surely a drastic change for our anointed sisters, eh?

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Then our next Update should tell us to keep a toothbrush with us all the time in case we are arrested.

And don’t forget.....clean underwear. :lol1:

Edited by Pjdriver

Dear brothers and sisters, what do like about this month jwb?

On my side I do really like the comment of brother Splane on Psalm 37:1,2: “Do not be upset because of evil men or envious of wrongdoers. They will quickly wither like grass and shrivel like green new grass.”

Brother Splane commented that when we hear about powerful opposers who seem to be untouchable, we should remember Jehovah will never let us down, He will surely fulfill his promises and his project. The dignitaries may seem to prosper for a while, but since they’re fighting against God, they’re more to be pitied than to be feared. They’re on the wrong side. They are fighting a losing battle. 

I've personally never seen Psalm 37:1,2 that way. The more I'm now meditating on the particular quotation, the more my faith is strengthen. There's no need for us to be afraid of what is happening around us in the world, ( the Russia-Ukrain "NATO" war) the persecution of our brothers and sisters in different part of the world.  Rather this is the time to put and build our confidence in our God Jehovah. 

On 4/4/2024 at 7:53 AM, Doug said:

What about the sisters? We have 3 anointed sisters in our congregation. Funny how you don’t see them depicted as women in artwork showing anointed ones in heaven. Remember too, they’ll be serving as “kings and priests”.

There’s been a lot of healthy banter (making fun) between the brothers at my hall since the announcement was made… some choosing to grow beards, others remaining as they were.

One brother, in jest commented amongst a group of bearded brothers: “This is just a cunning ploy to weed out all you rebels”. Haha.

We all had a good laugh.