JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

44 minutes ago, puddum_queen said:

I certainly hope this is true! Then everyone can stop questioning the validity of pictures posted here. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such skepticism before and distrust before. 

Apparently we have an apostle Thomas here on the forum. 🤣

53 minutes ago, puddum_queen said:

I certainly hope this is true! Then everyone can stop questioning the validity of pictures posted here. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such skepticism before and distrust before. 

There has been a humorous side to these points, so don't take it all to heart. However, I guess that questions over validity and truth are a key part of our makeup. Anyway, I'm just off to buy some antiskeptic cream.

Edited by Mike047

On 3/8/2024 at 7:54 PM, Hope said:

In other news.. handsome beards in full effect at the Circuit Pioneer Meeting today! ☺️

20240308_100614.jpg

20240308_120907.jpg

20240308_111701.jpg

20240308_121819.jpg

IMG-20240308-WA0000.jpg

20240308_132528.jpg

I really like the third brothers beard! It looks like y’all had a good time 😊

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

8 hours ago, Mike047 said:

There has been a humorous side to these points, so don't take it all to heart. However, I guess that questions over validity and truth are a key part of our makeup. Anyway, I'm just off to buy some antiskeptic cream.

Antiskeptic: New word. 

Just now, truce said:

Antiskeptic: New word. 

😂

Also, we can learn to see the humor in things. Let's not begin to equate pictures of responsible brothers (GB and helpers) having beards on the same level as some special "new light" that we need to wait on the GB to "reveal" first. It's not a WE DON'T KNOW case or a WAIT ON THE CHANNEL case. It's all just chit and chat after all. 

On 3/11/2024 at 9:48 PM, truce said:

Jackson and Sanderson.

Both of these brothers apparently volunteered for the assignment to demonstrate reasonableness..

Let the [bearded] one not look down on the one not [bearded], and let the one not [bearded] not judge the one [bearded], for God has welcomed him.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

13 minutes ago, jwhess said:

She took a picture of the monitor on her phone.

Thanks John for the photo. I have a full beard now, but am considering a goatee. My beard is thinner in the cheek areas, but my chin looks like a "Billy goat" according to my wife (compliment). My great granddaughter loves to pull it. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Br. Jackson conducted the Morning Worship they were tied into this morning (3-13-24).  She took a picture of the monitor on her phone.

Shortly after the announcements about beards, I overheard one of the elders in the congregation say that beards were okay but goatees are obviously a sign of rebellion. I sent him the first picture we saw of brother Jackson with a goatee and the brother readjusted his thinking...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Do I believe it? Of course I don't anymore. 🤣

IMG_20240315_222943.thumb.jpg.4bba691ffc2212c116626769e0366f37.jpg

I believe that! 🤣

IMG_20240315_222913.jpg.d31b32d33cf5784f210ba694f3b2fc5d.jpg

The Morning Worship was apparently recorded before the announcement about beards. We will see a lot of that.

Look at how much his hair has changed..:D

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I still don't believe that we should have threads that splatter images of brothers wearing beards.

How does that make us different from "JW Barbas" on Instagram?

Besides... I don't think that our brothers would appreciate that we use them as examples, or make judgements on whether it looks good or not, etc.

It's not loving at all. 

I wouldn't want to be put on this forum with my beard, even though anyone could take a picture of me. It would make me uncomfortable. 

Yes Tall trees catch a lot of wind, but these humble brothers don't want to be in such a spot light!

Can we just lock this topic already? As this has nothing to do with the Update anymore. 

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3