JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

16 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Herodotus says that the Nile dwellers shaved the heads of the boys, leaving only a few locks on the sides and perhaps on the front and back. When the child reached maturity these were removed as being marks of childhood. For the men, it was a sign of mourning or slovenliness to let the hair and beard grow. For this reason Joseph, when taken out of prison, shaved before being brought into the presence of Pharaoh. (Ge 41:14) Egyptian men, however, sometimes wore wigs, and beards that they tied on. Some Egyptian monumental representations show men of high rank with long, well-cared-for hair; it is not discernible whether the hair is their own or is a wig.

From the Insight Book Volume 1, page 1020

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001821#h=3

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

Over in Oregon, our brothers are looking fantastic.  I'm sorry they don't in your area...

Didn't you say Brother Wood had a beard? We had brother Means for the visit while Brother Woods was in Scappoose.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

23 minutes ago, Hope said:

Over in Oregon, our brothers are looking fantastic.  I'm sorry they don't in your area... 😕 

Maybe you should move where I’m at. Believe me sis, I really do not care. In time they will be scratching their beards like dogs scratching their ears or on their sides too.

I know a sister who just doesn't like beards. I think some are becoming and others are be-going, but it's really none of my business. I am glad brothers have a fashion choice although it may take more time and attention to keep well groomed. Whether bare or hirsute. keep putting that best face forward. 

Edited by kejedo

I still don’t see any brothers with beards on JW.org. or the broadcast.  

Is that just coincidence? :coffee:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

56 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Is that just coincidence?

The parts are often done months in advance, it's only been since December since the announcement. And just like those in our Congregation not all are growing beards, especially the sisters! 

6 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I still don’t see any brothers with beards on JW.org. or the broadcast.  

Is that just coincidence? :coffee:

Brother Luccioni was our branch representative last month and he had a full beard.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

For ministerial servants and elders who have access to jw stream, there are many USA English, Jamaican patwa, Hawaiian pidgin, Solomon island pidgin, Australian English examples of bearded brothers having meeting parts. 

You may not see some in your area but we are around. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

For ministerial servants and elders who have access to jw stream, there are many USA English, Jamaican patwa, Hawaiian pidgin, Solomon island pidgin, Australian English examples of bearded brothers having meeting parts. 

You may not see some in your area but we are around. 

Same with France :D 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:16 PM, DancesWithWife said:

No 

I take back what I Saud. I just saw Bro Means today at the Circuit Pioneer Meeting... nice goatee in full effect!  😄

It's possible to miss it, though- especially from the stage or on a Zoom screen. He is a dark skinned Black brother and the beard sorta blends right in. I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't speak with him on the floor. 🧔🏿‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Hope said:

Circuit Pioneer Meeting

I forgot there was the Pioneer meeting today, since I am not a pioneer. We have about 18 pioneers. I must have missed brother Means goatee or he started it after our visit. I still think Brother Wood reminds me of Monk.