JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

I have a dear friend, a sister in a different state who is a widow with a long history as Special Pioneer, Missionary, and Pioneer. She is not fond of beards. Neither of our late husbands wore a beard and we both know of females who mentioned they got beard-burn from their mates. I do not have a particular reaction to beards. Some people look fine, if well kept. I am not particularly fond of long scraggly beards, but have not been in a service group featuring this. I do have strong fragrance allergy/ anaphylaxis and have read about fragranced products for beards. 

I think brothers over 50 is beginning to look like Pastor Russell while growing beards. Under 50, who knows? But a lot of beards I see on the brothers are not being maintained.
I guess as most brothers have never had a beard they have to learn how to maintain then.

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, kejedo said:

I have a dear friend, a sister in a different state who is a widow with a long history as Special Pioneer, Missionary, and Pioneer. She is not fond of beards. Neither of our late husbands wore a beard and we both know of females who mentioned they got beard-burn from their mates. I do not have a particular reaction to beards. Some people look fine, if well kept. I am not particularly fond of long scraggly beards, but have not been in a service group featuring this. I do have strong fragrance allergy/ anaphylaxis and have read about fragranced products for beards.

I think that when decisions are made in a family, husband or wife, the principle of Ephesians 5:33 should always be considered. There are some things that can be done without consultation, as far as personal choice and loyalty to Jehovah are concerned. Everything else needs to be discussed together in the family.

Edited by Andrey

I do have strong fragrance allergy/ anaphylaxis and have read about fragranced products for beards. 

We also need to consider when we attend meetings in the Kingdom Hall. There are reminders on how to use scented products: perfume, deodorants, odor products, etc. 

Edited by Andrey

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I think brothers over 50 is beginning to look like Pastor Russell while growing beards. Under 50, who knows? But a lot of beards I see on the brothers are not being maintained.

Give them a chance to learn a new skill. Also when growing in a beard you do minimal trimming etc. 

Edited by Mykyl

7 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I liked the way CT Russell’s beard looked on him. However The process is not always pretty. :lol:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

9 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Perhaps you can buy the brothers beard kits? They may appreciate your grooming hints.. 🙃

19 minutes ago, Hope said:

Perhaps you can buy the brothers beard kits?

My wife ordered mine the day of the announcement. I have also watched videos on YouTube about how to maintain your beard. I am all in, in keeping my beard. We have some in our congregation who have issues with fragrances, so she made sure it was fragrance free! 

Screenshot 2024-02-14 080519 beard(1)CROPPED.png

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

27 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Admit it sis, you like beards on brothers and I like sisters with no beards. Plus, with no mustaches and side burns too

You would not have liked the parallel world that the Sliders slid to in season 2!

Screenshot 2024-02-14 091040 facial hair women(1) CROPPED.jpg

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Admit it sis, you like beards on brothers and I like sisters with no beards. Plus, with no mustaches and side burns too.

I think the brothers wearing beards look very fine. I know it takes time and effort for the beards to look their best.  However, since I don't have a man, I really don't have a preference one way or the other, believe it or not.  I'm just grateful the brothers have the option now and I'm tickled at how happy they are and how nice they look.

I wholeheartedly agree that sisters should have no moustaches, sideburns, beards or chest hair (although I've seen sisters with all of those... 😬 ).

On 2/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, Hope said:

I think the brothers wearing beards look very fine.

At our meeting tonight, which was non pareil, a MS  was chairman. He and his wife seem athletically built. His beard has certainly filled in. The style of his new hirsute facial growth seemed to shorten his face, and as a result, he appeared more rotund. I think their is a new facet to be learned about beard styles. I would never have over analyzed the total design if beards were not such a novelty at our congs. I hear-tell the Chia company is issuing a new blooming product, Brother with beard, available much later this year.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:07 PM, ChrisW said:

I think it slims the face.

Sorry.., I’m late here to this thread., I’ve been in recovery from surgery ❤️‍🩹 But I agree with you 😌 I like his beard 🧔 I think it’s very becoming of him and I’m winking my eye at this picture 😉🙃

On 2/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, Hope said:

I think the brothers wearing beards look very fine. I know it takes time and effort for the beards to look their best.  However, since I don't have a man, I really don't have a preference one way or the other, believe it or not.  I'm just grateful the brothers have the option now and I'm tickled at how happy they are and how nice they look.

I wholeheartedly agree that sisters should have no moustaches, sideburns, beards or chest hair (although I've seen sisters with all of those... 😬 ).

TBH.., The request for shepherding calls by sisters has gone up.., I’m thinking it’s the beards 😂

Over time, style changes do affect our friends. A sister told me that in the 70s, there was a kerfuffle over bell bottom trousers in boys suit-pants. Soon, only wide bottom pants legs were available, and the controversy stopped. My sons were all born after this style and I liked to (could) sew more in those days. I'm glad there are more facial style choices (with beards) for males. 

Edited by kejedo

12 hours ago, kejedo said:

I hear-tell the Chia company is issuing a new blooming product, Brother with beard, available much later this year.

In service yesterday a sister commented to a couple of brothers that some beards look like a chia pet.   I thought that was quite mean...   🤔  For those that don't know what it is, look up "Chia Pet".

Edited by Desert Dan

You may recall a kingdom hall picture some time back with two brothers at the back of the hall, one with tight trousers and a hair style to match. In the watchtower study article comments were made on it. We do have variations of style and grooming, but still need to be careful about how we reflect on our worship, and any effect on our brothers and sisters.

image.png.785a8bd1a0530ac4c7f7af6d6dfff53c.png

DocScan (3).pdf