JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A good joke

dilip kumar

Just noticed something about Chris. His wife's name is Emma. Our young group overseer ( just made elder this year ) in apartment just above ours, his name is Chris and his wife's name is Emma.

One thing I have noticed about our Chris and Emma on Zoom is that when one wears glasses the other doesn't and visa versa. Of course I had to mention it to him when he dropped off some printed literature 2 days ago. 👽

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

American president Joe Biden is visiting a Glasgow hospital. Ho enters a ward full of patients with no obvious signs of injury of illness. He greets one. The patient replies :

"Fair fa your honest sonsie face, Great chieftain of the pudding race,Aboon them a ye take our place. Painch,tripe or thaim. Aslangs my arm."

Biden is confused, so he just grins and moves on to the next patient. The next patient responds :

"Some hae meat an canna eat, And some wad meat that want it, But we hae meat an we can eat, So let the Lord be thankful."

Even more confused, and his grin now rictus-like, the President moves on to the next patient, who immediately begins to chant :

"Wee sleekit,cowering,timorous beasty, O the panic in thy breastie, Thou needna start awa sae hastie, Wi bickering brattle."

Now seriously troubled, Biden turns to the accompanying doctor and asks, "Is this a psychiatric ward ?"

"No" says the doctor " Its our serious burns unit ". 

31 minutes ago, bohemian said:

I'm trying to start a dog walking business. So far it's been hard to find customers, but I do have several leads.

That sounds like a good business, it will give you a new leash on life..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I recently heard about a children'sn novel in which Schrodinger’s cat and Pavlov’s dog team up for a cross county adventure.

So I headed on down to the library to see if they had a copy for my 10 year old daughter.

The librarian said that my description rang a bell but she wasn’t sure if it was there or not.

• 2 weeks later...

A lorry loaded with thousands of thesauruses crashed on the motorway yesterday, shedding books over all 3 lanes. Witnesses were described as stunned, shocked, stupefied, startled, aghast, taken aback, confused, rattled, paralysed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless and perplexed.

41 minutes ago, bohemian said:

lorry loaded with thousands of thesauruses

Are we to understand that a Lorry is a truck, carryall, crate, dump, eighteen-wheeler, four by eight, four by four, freighter, pickup, rig, semi, van, wagon, big rig?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~