JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A good joke

dilip kumar

The above joke was told by our CO at our Wednesday Service Meeting. Almost as funny as the joke itself. It began the night before during his midweek meeting talk. It was time to show his fiirst video but the audio -video brothers could not get it to play. Minutes went by and he was getting fidgety. He eventually ask. Can i tell a joke. "There was this duck who went into a bar......" Stopped, laughter in the Hall. Next day several ask him to finish the joke.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

10 minutes ago, Andrey said:

When I promised my wife a gift, but I'm in no hurry to buy it.

That's Billy giving his uncle Charley a boost over that rough spot. That's what family is for...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

56 minutes ago, Andrey said:

It reminds me of a story from the days of construction sites, long before the LDC. A brother asks a sister who is not very handy to go get a wheelbarrow from the materials department, which was a little out of the way from where she worked. She travels the distance, it took a while, arrives and asks the equipment manager for a wheelbarrow for so-and-so.

The brother then asks her:

- is he left-handed or right-handed?
- Who ?
- well the brother who needs the wheelbarrow.
- Euh, I do not know.
- Then you have to go back and ask him, I'm sorry sister.

The sister, taken aback, asks him:

- But why ? Are there wheelbarrows for left-handed and right-handed people? 
- What do you mean, you're on a construction site and you don't know that yet?

The sister, confused:

- Is there anyone who does both please, the site is at the other end of the construction site?

The brother didn't even feel sorry for me. I had to go back across the construction site to ask the brother the question.

The story went around all the teams  and throughout the construction period, every time I passed someone, there was a fit of laughter. We laughed so much, so much, it was really good-natured. I can't wait for the New World to see these dear brothers again, many have since fallen asleep.

PS: I hope no one on this forum will tell me : 'ahhh so it was you?'

1 minute ago, Dolce vita said:

It reminds me of a story from the days of construction sites, long before the LDC. A brother asks a sister who is not very handy to go get a wheelbarrow from the materials department, which was a little out of the way from where she worked. She travels the distance, it took a while, arrives and asks the equipment manager for a wheelbarrow for so-and-so.

The brother then asks her:

- is he left-handed or right-handed?
- Who ?
- well the brother who needs the wheelbarrow.
- Euh, I do not know.
- Then you have to go back and ask him, I'm sorry sister.

The sister, taken aback, asks him:

- But why ? Are there wheelbarrows for left-handed and right-handed people? 
- What do you mean, you're on a construction site and you don't know that yet?

The sister, confused:

- Is there anyone who does both please, the site is at the other end of the construction site?

The brother didn't even feel sorry for me. I had to go back across the construction site to ask the brother the question.

The story went around all the teams  and throughout the construction period, every time I passed someone, there was a fit of laughter. We laughed so much, so much, it was really good-natured. I can't wait for the New World to see these dear brothers again, many have since fallen asleep.

PS: I hope no one on this forum will tell me : 'ahhh so it was you?'

'Is there anyone who'... 'Are there any'. Google is making fun of me too