JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A good joke

dilip kumar

3 hours ago, Andrey said:

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Can you explain this?

I say the occupant wanted more fan speed insde the room than what the interior unit could ever deliver??

Also, It would have to be the opposite setting than what the controller would say as well. Or that the occupant may think that the :sunshine:  icon means that it is a hot day thus the unit will cool the room, and the ❄️ icon means it is a cold day and that it will warm the room.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pabo said:

I say the occupant wanted more fan speed insde the room than what the interior unit could ever deliver??

Also, It would have to be the opposite setting than what the controller would say as well. Or that the occupant may think that the :sunshine:  icon means that it is a hot day thus the unit will cool the room, and the ❄️ icon means it is a cold day and that it will warm the room.

Oh, wait, It looks like a split system installed wrong. I can see the exterior part of the unit is in the house and the interior part of the unit is mounted outside.:lol1:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Mules have the best advice 😅

We have all listened to a jackass at one time or another..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A Loving Marriage - ❤️   💮

There once was a man and a woman who had been married for more than 60 years. They talked about everything. They kept no secrets from each other... except that the old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she cautioned her husband never to open it or ask her about it. For all these years he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would never recover. In trying to sort out their affairs the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it he found 2 beautifully crocheted doilies and a stack of money totaling over $25,000. He asked her about the unusual contents. "When we were married," she said, " my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doily." The little old man was so moved, he had to fight back tears. Only two precious doilies were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with joy and happiness. "Sweetheart," he said... "that explains the doilies, but what about all this money? Where did it all come from?" Oh," she said, " that's the money I made from selling the doilies."

Posted (edited)

A long time ago, 12-13 years ago, my wife decided to celebrate Orthodox Easter (my wife is not a Jehovah's Witness). She and a friend of hers went to a church in the center of town. A few hours later, she comes home happy and joyful. 

I asked her what the reason for her joy was and also asked her what the priest had talked about during the Easter ceremony. 

My wife told me that the priest spoke about family ties and the importance of following the Bible and applying it to life. After her story, smiling, she exclaimed: God must love me and bless me for celebrating Easter! 

Puzzled and seeing her mood, I asked: What was the manifestation of this miracle and blessing? 

She continues the story: I stood the ceremony in the Church, listened to the priest's speech to the end and left the building. As I walked away, I heard a message on my phone, a ringtone. After looking at the message, my wife found out that someone had sent her money on her phone, 50 UAH (about 7 US dollars, аt that time it was enough to pay the phone tariff in Ukraine). 

I asked if someone you knew had sent money?

My wife said that the phone number was unknown and reminded me once again of God's blessings, as if to suggest that her God is more generous than my Jehovah. 😜

I smiled and said it wasn't. My Jehovah is cooler and much more generous. 🤣 

I remembered a brother I worked with telling his story. He went to his weekday meeting and as soon as the program was over, after prayer, a message came to his phone. He had been credited with 200 hryvnias (about 30 US dollars), the number was unknown. The brother came home and decided to call the operator and find out how he could get the money back. The operator said that the payment was made from a bank terminal and the phone number was not displayed.

I hinted to my brother that Jehovah has encouraged you for attending meetings. We both laughed! 🤣

I told my wife my brother's story and asked her: Tell me, whose God is cooler and more generous? I just inwardly burst out laughing and once again hinted that we should go to our meetings, not Church. My Jehovah is more powerful and generous! :raspberry: :dance: :lol1:

Edited by Andrey

20 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Il y a longtemps, il y a 12-13 ans, ma femme a décidé de célébrer la Pâques orthodoxe (ma femme n'est pas témoin de Jéhovah). Elle et un de ses amis sont allés dans une église du centre-ville. Quelques heures plus tard, elle rentre à la maison heureuse et joyeuse. 

Je lui ai demandé quelle était la raison de sa joie et je lui ai également demandé de quoi le prêtre avait parlé lors de la cérémonie de Pâques. 

Ma femme m'a dit que le prêtre avait parlé des liens familiaux et de l'importance de suivre la Bible et de l'appliquer à la vie. Après son histoire, souriante, elle s'est exclamée : Dieu doit m'aimer et me bénir pour célébrer Pâques ! 

Intrigué et voyant son humeur, j'ai demandé : Quelle a été la manifestation de ce miracle et de cette bénédiction ? 

Elle continue l'histoire : J'ai assisté à la cérémonie dans l'église, j'ai écouté jusqu'à la fin le discours du prêtre et j'ai quitté le bâtiment. En m'éloignant, j'ai entendu un message sur mon téléphone, une sonnerie. Après avoir regardé le message, ma femme a découvert que quelqu'un lui avait envoyé de l'argent sur son téléphone, 50 UAH (environ 7 dollars américains, à l'époque c'était suffisant pour payer le tarif téléphonique en Ukraine). 

J'ai demandé si quelqu'un que vous connaissiez avait envoyé de l'argent ?

Ma femme a dit que le numéro de téléphone était inconnu et m'a rappelé une fois de plus les bénédictions de Dieu, comme pour suggérer que son Dieu est plus généreux que mon Jéhovah.  😜

J'ai souri et j'ai dit que non. Mon Jéhovah est plus cool et beaucoup plus généreux.  🤣 

Je me suis souvenu d'un frère avec qui j'ai travaillé et qui racontait son histoire. Il s'est rendu à sa réunion de la semaine et dès la fin du programme, après la prière, un message est arrivé sur son téléphone. Il avait été crédité de 200 hryvnias (environ 30 dollars américains), dont le montant était inconnu. Le frère est rentré à la maison et a décidé d'appeler l'opérateur pour savoir comment récupérer l'argent. L'opérateur a indiqué que le paiement avait été effectué depuis un terminal bancaire et que le numéro de téléphone n'était pas affiché.

J’ai laissé entendre à mon frère que Jéhovah vous encourageait à assister aux réunions. Nous avons tous les deux ri !  🤣

J'ai raconté à ma femme l'histoire de mon frère et lui ai demandé : Dis-moi, quel Dieu est le plus cool et le plus généreux ? J'ai juste éclaté de rire intérieurement et j'ai encore une fois laissé entendre que nous devrions aller à nos réunions, pas à l'église. Mon Jéhovah est plus puissant et plus généreux ! :framboise: :danse: :mdr1:

We would still like to know the end of the story, Andreï, to know how you go about giving your phone number and thus being credited. I'm interested☺️

It's a lovely story and you are so right, dear brother, our Jehovah is much much more generous.🤍. Hope your sweet wife realizes this one day soon

5 hours ago, Andrey said:

Level 80 defense

IMG_20240506_013532_252.jpg

Great way to stop the kids from getting out through the front door.

No so great when you are trying to get out of the house in case of emergency.

But either the chain iself or the chain holder on the door jamb would break with ease.