JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A good joke

dilip kumar

An incident in the preaching ministry (by the apartment), A good joke:

(pioneer): - Hello, you've probably noticed the difficult times we live in: wars, economic crisis, poverty, natural disasters, epidemics ...

(Landlady): - Yes, I agree with you, the world has just gone crazy!

(pioneer): - I want to share with you some good news from the Bible!

(Landlady): - The Bible?! I want to assure you that I know the Bible very well. I've read it many times! Now, I remember the story of the Good Samaritan. It's in the middle of the Bible, if I remember correctly. The Good Samaritan came to Jerusalem and was attacked by robbers. They asked him, "Who is your neighbor? And the beaten Samaritan grabbed a donkey's jaw lying nearby and started swinging it as hard as he could, 185,000 times. He was so tired!

(pioneer): - Allow me...

(Landlady): - Don't interrupt me! The Samaritan prayed to God and said, "Am I going to die of thirst! And it rained from the sky. It rained for 40 days and 40 nights. More and more water came down. Why are you laughing? Haven't you read the Bible? First the water was knee-deep, then waist-deep, and the year the water reached his neck, you know what saved the Samaritan? He caught his beautiful hair in a tree. Then, salvation came from a woman, Delilah. She cut off his hair and he fell. The fall was very great. The Samaritan quickly got up and jumped into a chariot and rode to Jerusalem. In Jerusalem lived the wicked queen Jezebel. You know her, don't you? The Bible says she killed the prophets.

(pioneer): - Ahhhh...Uh...

(Landlady): - You're interrupting me again, let me finish. The Samaritan says to the servants: Throw her off the tower. She's fallen. The Samaritan says, do it again, and so they did it 77 times with Jezebel. Then the servants gathered her remains into 12 full baskets. I know the Bible is a very difficult book. I have a question: When she, Jezebel, is resurrected, whose wife will she be?

(pioneer) - I'm amazed! It is not often that you meet someone who is very knowledgeable about the Bible. Or rather so much. I, after our conversation, decided to leave you a journal. There is a very wonderful theme in it. It's for you personally. The theme of the magazine is "How to stop smoking"?

Edited by Andrey

5 hours ago, Andrey said:

. . .

(Landlady): - The Bible?! I want to assure you that I know the Bible very well. . .

(Landlady): - Don't interrupt me! . . .

(Landlady): - You're interrupting me again, let me finish. . .

. . .

Oh my! I would never know how to compete with someone like that who knows the Bible so very well.

I just wouldn't know where to start!

Edited by Sheep

15 hours ago, Andrey said:

(pioneer): - Hello, you've probably noticed the difficult times we live in: wars, economic crisis, poverty, natural disasters, epidemics ...

(Landlady): - The Bible?! I want to assure you that I know the Bible very well. I've read it many times! Now, I remember the story of the Good Samaritan. It's in the middle of the Bible, if I remember correctly. The Good Samaritan came to Jerusalem and was attacked by robbers. They asked him, "Who is your neighbor? And the beaten Samaritan grabbed a donkey's jaw lying nearby and started swinging it as hard as he could, 185,000 times. He was so tired!

(Landlady): - Don't interrupt me! The Samaritan prayed to God and said, "Am I going to die of thirst! And it rained from the sky. It rained for 40 days and 40 nights. More and more water came down. Why are you laughing? Haven't you read the Bible? First the water was knee-deep, then waist-deep, and the year the water reached his neck, you know what saved the Samaritan? He caught his beautiful hair in a tree. Then, salvation came from a woman, Delilah. She cut off his hair and he fell. The fall was very great. The Samaritan quickly got up and jumped into a chariot and rode to Jerusalem. In Jerusalem lived the wicked queen Jezebel. You know her, don't you? The Bible says she killed the prophets.

(Landlady): - You're interrupting me again, let me finish. The Samaritan says to the servants: Throw her off the tower. She's fallen. The Samaritan says, do it again, and so they did it 77 times with Jezebel. Then the servants gathered her remains into 12 full baskets. I know the Bible is a very difficult book. I have a question: When she, Jezebel, is resurrected, whose wife will she be?

(pioneer) - I'm amazed! It is not often that you meet someone who is very knowledgeable about the Bible. Or rather so much. I, after our conversation, decided to leave you a journal. There is a very wonderful theme in it. It's for you personally. The theme of the magazine is "How to stop smoking"?

Maybe she went to this church as well.

A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied, “When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of gin next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip.”

So next Sunday he took the monsignors advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon his return to his office after mass, he found the following note on the door:

1. Sip the gin, don't gulp.
  2. There are 10 commandments, not 12.
  3. There are 12 disciples, not 10.
  4. Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.
  5. Moses parted the waters, he not pass water.
  6. We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C.
  7. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the Spook.
  8. David slew Goliath, he did not kick the crap out of him.
  9. We do not refer to the cross as the "Big T".
  10. When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper he said, "Take this and eat it for it is my body." He did not say "Eat me."
  11. The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, yeah God

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my! I would never know how to compete with someone like that who knows the Bible so very well.

I just wouldn't know where to start!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

While not a joke, this is pretty funny and entertaining. Hard to believe it's almost 70 years ago. The interchange between Groucho Marx and Albert Hall is just priceless.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

2 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

While not a joke, this is pretty funny and entertaining. Hard to believe it's almost 70 years ago. The interchange between Groucho Marx and Albert Hall is just priceless.

This is hilarious.  I love Groucho Marx and his quick wit.  

Edited by MullumMiss

A mate’s wife said to him the other day: “You’ve just yawned six times in the last 10 minutes that I’ve been talking to you. Am I boring you?”

He replied: “They weren’t yawns. It was my attempts to speak”.

So I’m off to see my mate. Visiting hours at the hospital are 2pm til 4pm.

1 hour ago, Pabo said:

A mate’s wife said to him the other day: “You’ve just yawned six times in the last 10 minutes that I’ve been talking to you. Am I boring you?”

He replied: “They weren’t yawns. It was my attempts to speak”.

So I’m off to see my mate. Visiting hours at the hospital are 2pm til 4pm.

While not advocating, supporting or condoning physical violence, especially in a marriage, that was a funny joke.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I once received a text from my closest brother:

I just won tickets to the World Cup final, and I can take 9 other gueats with me, as all the flights, accomodation for 6 nights in a luxury resort, meals and luxury travel to and from the stadium for the final, premium seating on the halfway line, access to the players change rooms after the match as well! Can you take out the rubbish bins whilst I'm away?

Edited by Pabo

• 2 weeks later...