JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 April Monthly Broadcast

The world arguing whether Jesus was a man of color. He's Aussie!
And I'm OK with that...

When you say "Aussie," that is a difficult thing to define. I am 'Aussie', i.e., born in Australia. But my parents immigrated from Europe.
My DNA does not have any 'Aussie' content.
I think you might be able to draw the same conclusion about many of the characters portrayed in the upcoming Aussie production.
Over 95٪ of all Australians will have their DNA markers come from another continent.
Many of the characters will have their DNA heritage from the same region as the bulk of our first century family!

Old (Downunder) Tone

Well, it finally happened  .  .  .   I see someone I know in this broadcast.

In the postcard about Burkina Faso, it said the first missionaries arrived in 1972 (1:03)  In the photo, the couple to the left, on a motorcycle, I think, are Walter and Linda.

They were temporarily reassigned to the branch construction in Nigeria when I was there in 1986.

Burkina Faso had the distinction of being the poorest country in the world at one time.

That said, the April Bradcast was more than I bargained for. From having a role model Brother Splane deliver such a compelling talk to the experience of Sister Malone whose life story I recall clipping some years ago as "favorites" and also the experience of the Sister who relocated from Germany to the United States, etc, etc... Thank you, Jehovah, for how well you feed us!

P.S: I didn't know Brother Marais was originally from Africa, and did anyone else enjoy listening to the Circuit Overseer's well-enunciated British accent?

Edited by truce

Some expect War in Ukraine to go tougher in may...

I wish it wouldnt, but if that´s true, watch this BC and imagine you are in Ukraine.

You are remembered Jehovah didnt forget you; He cares for you!; His enemies that are pressing His people will not be succeed and soon will receive their punishment. I remembered dan. 11:45 - KOTN will reach to his end with no helper.

The dramatization with shelling bombs was amazing and emotional. It will continue.

Jehovah uses His angels, His Holy Spirit and even humans to reach out. 

As sister that survived WW-2 said: "all you have to do is to trust in Jehovah!"

As the end of this system is comming fast... we sure need these reminders to encourage us ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

13 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Some expect War in Ukraine to go tougher in may...

I wish it wouldnt, but if that´s true, watch this BC and imagine you are in Ukraine.

You are remembered Jehovah didnt forget you; He cares for you!; His enemies that are pressing His people will not be succeed and soon will receive their punishment. I remembered dan. 11:45 - KOTN will reach to his end with no helper.

The dramatization with shelling bombs was amazing and emotional. It will continue.

Jehovah uses His angels, His Holy Spirit and even humans to reach out. 

As sister that survived WW-2 said: "all you have to do is to trust in Jehovah!"

As the end of this system is comming fast... we sure need these reminders to encourage us ❤️ 

War may expand in Europe if NATO gets involved.
I thought this was nice for our friends in Ukraine, but also it would be good for the rest of Europe if it gets bad.

11 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

I have 2 with godly wisdom as the theme so I'm not sure which one would work. 

Depending on the theme, you may want to consider Our Joy Eternally since Jehovah is the source of true wisdom and applying godly wisdom can bring everlasting joy and other benefits.... but that's a long stretch. 

31 minutes ago, Hope said:

So... Which of you brothers will be the first to select one of these songs to open your Public Talks?  :D 

Personally, the ones I most look forward to singing at the meetings are: Our Joy Eternally and Peace At Last. For lack of a better word: they have a 90s Christian Music feel to them... The period of the Moens and the Kenolys. 

Edited by truce

• carlos unpinned this topic