JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 April Monthly Broadcast

While watching the war drama part, I kept on wondering where the whole thing was taking place: one of the explosions shown in the beginning was clearly from Ukraine (I found the same shot in this tweet), and another one was from Gaza (this appears to be an image of the same building as in the video from a slightly different angle), so it's clear that they were added to create suspense rather than to give a clue about the location. While the characters had Eastern European names, city appeared to be Western European, based on its buildings and demographics. 

Which made me think, is this the WTBTS's first attempt at alternate history/speculative fiction? Before you say that the bunker video and other Armageddon videos are speculative fiction too, we already know that Armageddon will certainly happen, but there's absolutely no guarantee that a war will spread/break out in Western Europe. Either way, it was definitely a great JW Broadcasting episode as a whole.

While watching the war drama part, I kept on wondering where the whole thing was taking place: one of the explosions shown in the beginning was clearly from Ukraine (I found the same shot in this tweet), and another one was from Gaza (this appears to be an image of the same building as in the video from a slightly different angle), so it's clear that they were added to create suspense rather than to give a clue about the location. While the characters had Eastern European names, city appeared to be Western European, based on its buildings and demographics. 

Which made me think, is this the WTBTS's first attempt at alternate history/speculative fiction? Before you say that the bunker video and other Armageddon videos are speculative fiction too, we already know that Armageddon will certainly happen, but there's absolutely no guarantee that a war will spread/break out in Western Europe. Either way, it was definitely a great JW Broadcasting episode as a whole.
I think the brothers are just trying to get us prepared for situations that are likely to occur in the last days.
Don't forget many people (including some friends) live their lifes as if nothing will ever happen.
They feel secure in this world.

So, a video like this is a very good reminder for all to not "settle" in this world, because things can change quickly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-S911B met Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

I think the brothers are just trying to get us prepared for situations that are likely to occur in the last days.
Don't forget many people (including some friends) live their lifes as if nothing will ever happen.

So, a video like this is a very good reminder for all to not "settle" in this world, because things can change quickly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-S911B met Tapatalk

I agree with you, Even Jesus Christ predicted it, things will be like in the days of Noah.They act as if nothing is happening. But fortunately we have the signs of this system at hand. 

On 4/3/2024 at 5:40 AM, Araujo JW said:

An important tip: if you are going to wear a tie, match the color of your watch strap.

spacer.png

If all brothers could speak as beautifully as this one does, it would hardly matter WHAT matches.  What a gorgeous voice - I wish they had him doing some of our readings..

1 hour ago, Hope said:

If all brothers could speak as beautifully as this one does, it would hardly matter WHAT matches.  What a gorgeous voice - I wish they had him doing some of our readings..

I thought I was the only one captivated. Never has another man spoken like this... 😆

I read Karen's malone experience in pioneering. 

Pioneering is always a sacrifice and hardship because Satan will attack you. 

My question is , is serving Jehovah  wholeheartedly  always coupled with hardship?

Would that happen to me too, if I enter full time service again? Barely, living the minimum?

But I know , this is a good investment for spirituality since during GT, it would be more unbearable. 

11 hours ago, JennyM said:

My question is , is serving Jehovah wholeheartedly  always coupled with hardship?

Pioneering is always a sacrifice and hardship because Satan will attack you. 

Would that happen to me too, if I enter full time service again? Barely, living the minimum?

In our song "A Perfect Wage" we have the following:

Jehovah is faithful and fully aware

Of all those who serve him whole-souled.

He knows there are times their devotion and zeal

Result in their loss as foretold.

So, hardships may come, but not always.

11 hours ago, JennyM said:

Would that happen to me too, if I enter full time service again? Barely, living the minimum

Perhaps… but one thing is for sure andam saying because I serve as reg pioneer for a year now: you get a new special relationship with Jehovah and feel so much closer to Him.  You feel more intimate that he cares specially for you and feel more blessings. Jehovah makes good things happen when we trust him with full heart. He has blessed me so much!!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 4/5/2024 at 7:53 AM, Sepie93 said:

I worry for the friends who have had a comfortable life in this system.  How will they handle the GT?

31 minutes ago, jwhess said:

But generally, Satan focuses on those who serve Jehovah fully.  He can cause more damage or disarry spiritually if he attacks a leader or example to the flock as compared with someon who is barely hanging on.  God knows our fears.  Don't let the fear win.  The favor of God is worth much more than the fear of Satan.  

Song 27 "Fear Them Not"

Fear them not, my faithful warriors

Fight!  Let not your heart grow faint.

Never fear you are forgotten;

I am still your strength and shield

Though you die upon the field,

Even death to me will yield.

Fight!

3 hours ago, Doug said:

I worry for the friends who have had a comfortable life in this system.  How will they handle the GT?

Theirs will be the basements and attics we can fit into. The ones with extra freezers and food storage... I know *I* can't host anyone.

If everyone was broke, we'd be in more dire straits, I think. 

17 hours ago, JennyM said:

My question is , is serving Jehovah  wholeheartedly  always coupled with hardship?

But I know , this is a good investment for spirituality since during GT, it would be more unbearable. 

1 Cor 10:13 says: No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

Don't be afraid to be engaged in the full time service. Although you may encounter some hardship, but I can assure you that the joy we received is more than the hardship. Just place your confidence in Jehovah and He will never let you down. That's what I've noticed and experiencing during my pioneering service. I'm in my 8th years of my pioneering service, compare to most of our brothers in the world it's nothing. During all this period I have the conviction that Jehovah is always "beside" me. 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:50 PM, Doug said:

Doug, I know what you mean, but it’s all about who has love for Jehovah and faith in his promises. I recall a sister Nancy Yuen.....who was from a wealthy family that even had servants. She never worked hard a day in her life. She became one of Jehovah’s witnesses in China under communist rule. She was arested several times for preaching. After several times, they sentenced her to 20 years hard labor. She told me they interrogated her for months trying to break her integrity. She showed me her scars where they tied her elbows close together behind her back,  so she couldn’t pray. :lol: That’s how crazy they were.

Her husband who was very wealthy,  but not a JW finally was able to get her out somehow, I can’t remember. She moved to San Francisco, where my wife and I met her.  She wanted to cook dinner for us, as we tried to insist on taking her out.  So we went to her apartment right in downtown near Chinatown.   I recall she placed a big plate on the table with a huge cooked fish, but it was still whole,  with the eyes staring at me. She told us her full experience.......But she talked about it like it was a great experience in the Ministry. She always gave credit for her endurance to Jehovah’s power. 

Good people come in all flavors. Although Jesus did say....it would be 'easier for a camel to go thru the eye of a needle, than a RICH man to get into the Kingdom of God’. :coffee:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On 4/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, Hope said:

Theirs will be the basements and attics we can fit into. The ones with extra freezers and food storage... I know *I* can't host anyone.

If everyone was broke, we'd be in more dire straits, I think. 

We will always have some who are better off materially and are eager to share.   Perhaps they chose to work secularly instead of pioneering, but that's between them and Jehovah.  I understand because being a productive person in the workplace can be very satisfying.  Yes, when the time comes, we will be thankful to have an "inner room" provided by a generous host to take refuge in.

By the time we are hiding in basements or attics the money will be thrown in the streets.  We will all be equals in value regardless of previous economics.  But Jesus emphasized how hard it is for those with money and possessions to let go.  

Rich Young Ruler, Camel thru the needles eye, Remember the wife of Lot and so on...💗

One of my most favorite scriptures is Luke 12:15...“...because even when a person has an abundance, his life does not result from the things he possesses."

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

By the time we are hiding in basements or attics the money will be thrown in the streets…

At least in Finland some other option might be needed.

fireplace GIF

Indeed, ”Keep praying that your flight may not occur in wintertime…” Matthew 24:20

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

• carlos unpinned this topic