JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, kejedo said:

ties, no beard, black Bible = no, can't pass the quiz.

3 out of 5 👍

The Bible has generally been replaced with a tablet or phone.

The last 2 are noticable.

Edited by Pabo

We don't wear "Elder" badges on our pockets

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

39 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

short sleeves

no jacket

black Bible

big bag

badges

Short sleeves is allowed to be worn by JW's, as I mainly wear short sleeve shirts myself, and most brothers in Australia do not wear a jacket when witnessing (unless it is cold or their personal preference).

The answers are as follows:

Physical Bible - Most brothers now use a digital device.

Big bags - We have been encouraged to talk with the householder, thus no need for carrying a bag.

Lapel Badges - We only wear these to our conventions.

Beards - Brothers are now allowed to have beards.

Ties - Ties are now optional to wear in the ministry.

However, you could also say we can wear whatever colour shirt other than white, but I have seen some Mormons lately wear lightly stripped, patterned and pale coloured shirts in my area. I have heard that in some congregations in Japan, that you can only wear white shirts whilst on the platform or out in the ministry, wearing any other coloured shirt is somewhat looked down at.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 11:46 PM, Pabo said:

that you can only wear white shirts whilst on the platform or out in the ministry, wearing any other coloured shirt is somewhat looked down at

That is the way it was in my hometown back early 1970s. An elder came to meeting wearing a coloured shirt. Open season thereafter.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

classical kipper ties

Spoiler

image.png.ec1289c7353880c488b540c94f39d649.png

Hailing from the fashion streets of Britain, the kipper tie has a distinctive width that sets it apart from the rest. These types of ties are credited with bold colors and over-the-top designs.

Edited by daydream

5 hours ago, daydream said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ec1289c7353880c488b540c94f39d649.png

Hailing from the fashion streets of Britain, the kipper tie has a distinctive width that sets it apart from the rest. These types of ties are credited with bold colors and over-the-top designs.

They would make a very good bib/napkin. 🤣

On 3/22/2024 at 7:06 PM, Lee49 said:

When you have to borrow a suit jacket at the meeting because you have a part and forgot to wear one.

2024-03-22_19h04_16.png

Oh, man! That brings back memories. :lol:

When I was very young, I went to the meeting without a suit jacket, because I had no parts on the meeting that evening. Then, the chairman called on me to give the concluding prayer. 😳 Talk about rushing around looking for a suit jacket to borrow! Never did that again. I learned my lesson!

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”