JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Boston Marathon Bombing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4019 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This hurts me to the core! Saturday my son was in a Mud Run Race of 6 miles with crazy obstacles. My son, his wife and my daughter were there at the finish line. I just immediately put myself in the shoes of those who had loved ones in this race in Boston. I just cannot watch this coverage because it hurts so badly.

How horrible! :cry:

This is really horrible! With two dead already! It's unimaginable I really want the entire PLANET to be filled with Witnesses, because those under satan's control are many!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

The world we live in is ruled by the wicked one. (1 John 5:19) ... we find reports of cruelty and violence on an unprecedented scale. Man’s inhumanity to man is troubling for a righteous person to contemplate.

This is another example of man's disregard for not only human life, but total disregard for Jehovah's direction and compassion. Things like this really drives home the fact that we ARE in the last days when man has advanced from bad to worse!

:no::S:cry:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Satan's system at work and it doesn't make any sense to question why some people are inhumane. We know the answer to that. I do feel sorry for those who have lost loved ones, as I know exactly how that feels. Surely, we know Jehovah is seeing it all and will not tolerate it for much longer. I hope that those who are listed in serious/critical condition will pull through.

So terrible. My boss and her husband were there, just found out they are ok.

The news is reporting that there were runners from 96 countries there, so whoever planted the bombs knew that this would get international news coverage.

I too hope that no brothers/sisters were there.

I remember when I was a teenager studying the Truth book, the sister told me that as we got closer to the end, Jehovah's people would be able to do less and less in the way of entertainment/recreation provided by this system. It's amazing to see that actually come to fruition. A particular activity may be completely innocent, but because of the times we live in, we may find ourselves adjusting and possibly not getting involved in certain things because of safety or who else may attend/participate.

When I was a kid, my father took us to baseball games throughout the MBL season. He was a huge Mets fan. I took my son to see the Oakland As play. When I was younger, I loved attending jazz festivals and other concerts. We in this part of the world felt so safe because after all "we live in America!". Those bombings and terrorism only happened "over there" with the "godless heathens". Yeah, well, not so much anymore.

I'm really apprehensive about doing too much of anything in large crowds. You just never know who's going to be there, how their behavior will impact you ability to enjoy the performance/game/whatever. I've heard worldly people complain about taking their kids to ball games and there being someone behind them over drinking and acting belligerent and really ruining it for everyone around him.

It unfortunate, but, these are the last days and they are certainly critical and hard to deal with.

Agape'

Lin

I remember when I was a teenager studying the Truth book, the sister told me that as we got closer to the end, Jehovah's people would be able to do less and less in the way of entertainment/recreation provided by this system. It's amazing to see that actually come to fruition. A particular activity may be completely innocent, but because of the times we live in, we may find ourselves adjusting and possibly not getting involved in certain things because of safety or who else may attend/participate.

When I was a kid, my father took us to baseball games throughout the MBL season. He was a huge Mets fan. I took my son to see the Oakland As play. When I was younger, I loved attending jazz festivals and other concerts. We in this part of the world felt so safe because after all "we live in America!". Those bombings and terrorism only happened "over there" with the "godless heathens". Yeah, well, not so much anymore.

I'm really apprehensive about doing too much of anything in large crowds. You just never know who's going to be there, how their behavior will impact you ability to enjoy the performance/game/whatever. I've heard worldly people complain about taking their kids to ball games and there being someone behind them over drinking and acting belligerent and really ruining it for everyone around him.

It unfortunate, but, these are the last days and they are certainly critical and hard to deal with.

Agape'

Lin

I completely agree. I avoid large crowds except for conventions and assemblies. After the theater masacre in Colorado, I stayed away from theaters for a while.

I feel so bad for these people who thought they were doing something innocent. I heard that children were injured too.:no: I will be praying for all those involved and the brothers and sisters in the area as well.

This hurts me to the core! Saturday my son was in a Mud Run Race of 6 miles with crazy obstacles. My son, his wife and my daughter were there at the finish line. I just immediately put myself in the shoes of those who had loved ones in this race in Boston. I just cannot watch this coverage because it hurts so badly.

How horrible! :cry:

Dearest Chris,

I too cannot stand this! Is your son & family OK and what about you. I wish that there was something that I could do to comfort you, I will ask Jehovah to do that. We're to the point that it's continuing

to worsen daily but all of it is shocking & affecting the brotherhood. Please take good care, Chris. You are in my heart & prayers.:heart::hugs:

This is all over our news now.

How awful. So sad. One was an 8 yr old & his sister lost a limb.:cry:

I will be praying for our friends there.

May Jehovah's day come soon. Xo

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

The day the World Trade Center buildings went down that is all they showed on the news. It traumatized me so badly that now, with smaller disasters like this one, I just cannot watch or I will internalize it way too much. I don't suffer from PTSD but it gets into my head, like a bad song that you just cannot stop singing.

I will be so glad when we are done here for good! Thanks everyone for your concern. :heart:

I know how you feel Chris. When the shootings happened around our town, I wept for the families as I had met some of the vicitms on the Ministry. I wept with the spectators at this bombing tearfully telling their experiences to camera. Our London marathon is very soon as well as Mrs Thatcher's controversial funeral and the Police have been on TV News to say they stepped up security.

They showed too much of the aftermath of this bombing on our teatime news, wonder how many children would be watching while they are having their evening meal and have been having nightmares since! There was a time they would only show the more graphic aspects of such upsetting things on the late night news broadcast.

The news here is making much speculation about the day of the bombing matching or being close to the anniversaries of various events to do with for example the Wako shootings and the Oklahoma bombings.

I am so distressed at the innocence lost. An eight year old died as a result of this demonized attack. I'm so depressed...:nope:

While this is distressing, look at it like this--

People that died will get a second chance, one that they may not have had if they are alive at Armageddon...

This is no reason to be depressed, but, rather, faith strengthening--...we see more and more evidence that what Jehovah tells us is true and we have even more reason to trust our heavenly guidance....

love you guys...hope all are doing well....

Nice comment Tim.

Good to think positive.

Its hard going as a parent like many who have lost a baby what ever the age 4 days to 50 yrs.

It makes the heart ache.

Glad to know Jehovahs day is so near.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks Gabe, I do try and keep a positive view of things otherwise I would be like those in the world, no way out, no hope, nothing but sorrow and despair.....

I just can not have that..........I know Gods love, I have this giant sized hope that fills my heart and my life with such joy and warmth that sometimes I think I'm gonna burst!...........

I have some pains in my life---my only son died before he was three, that was about 18 years ago...

My mom died last week....

I so look forward to them being back, seeing each other, living forever in a sun drenched shower of Jehovahs love....how cool is that?...

I hurt when I see the evil in this world...I hate that wicked serpent that has caused us all so much pain....I love God for providing us all an answer....

Update on geopolitical implications.  Sibel Edmonds is an FBI whistleblower.  She was recruited by the FBI because of her middle eastern multi-language skills.  She provides interesting insights regarding "wars and reports of wars", "nation against nation/kingdom against kingdom" and the "pushing" between various characters.

Very interesting indeed...

Agape'

Lin Ebron

ASL Congregation

Eastern NC

When I have a choice I pray for wisdom, when I don't I pray for peace  :D

Almost instantly after the bombings photos flooded in from internet sleuths - unfortunately for the FBI and other agencies the took pictures of private contractors (ex navy seals and military EOD) immediately around ground zero - and they were spotted almost instantly. Pretty good timing. There was a drill running that day for ... a bombing and I had two friends there , both did not get hurt, but spoke of the drill and they were told to not be afraid "when the drill started". So as photography starts catching more misconduct in law enforcement they arrest people for the crime of taking a picture of them murdering or seriously injuring people. I've seen a few and it's heart wretching to watch 6 thuggish law enforcement officers beating a man (homeless and with stunted mental abilities) being beaten to death and all the while calling and crying out for his daddy to help him. These law enforcement officers turned on those with cameras taking their pictures of the crime and arrested them. Satan is cruel and murderous and needs to be put down like a mad dog, it amazes me that Jehovah has such massive tolerance (I'm glad he does for my sake) but if it was me (I'd be a lousy god) I don't think I could show the same restraint after all that has happened to innocent mankind over the lifetime of human beings - I have to think in terms of that little one that died as my new little brother and I hope to see him soon. Disgusting world we live in, pathetic.

http://www.photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/04/26/dhs-and-fbi-release-statement-after-boston-bombings-that-photography-can-lead-to-terrorism/

APRIL 22, 2013 | UNITED STATES

On April 15, 2013, two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing 3 people and injuring 176. Initial reports indicate that there were no injuries among Jehovah’s Witnesses. Some local Witnesses assisted victims as first responders to the tragedy. “The victims and their families are in our thoughts and prayers,” stated J. R. Brown, spokesman for the Witnesses. “Our focus is to share Scriptural comfort with all who are saddened by such senseless and violent acts.”

http://www.jw.org/en/news/headlines/#mid702013111

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The information coming out about this tragedy reminds me of the Revelation book, chapter 32.  Paragraphs 12 and 13 speak of the "sunlike" leaders scorching mankind, being responsible directly and indirectly for the deaths of tens of millions, including many of their own nationals.

It's extremely difficult for people to wrap their minds around the possibility that their own governments and political leaders would harm them.  But the Bible tells us that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.  If they kill innocents in other countries for political reasons, why would we deny those same motivations against innocents in their own countries?

The propaganda has always been that "our" country is the shining beacon on the hill and this form of government is superior to all others.  But the Revelation that John received from Jesus tells us that these expressions are inspired by demons (Rev. 16:14, rev. bk chptr. 32 paragraphs 25 - 30).  And just think, we haven't even come into the great tribulation yet.  Things will not get better.  

Now is truly the time for us to be drawing closer to Jehovah and His organization.

Agape'

Lin

P.S.:  Another excellent series from FS discussing geopolitics and modern society is "The World Since 1914".  It's an 8 part series (3/8 - 6/22 Awake 1987) that looks at world events from just after WWI to 1986.  It gives great insight into events that we're watching right now.  Jehovah keeps us well informed to understand the times we're living in.  What an awesome God!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Jehovah has a diffrent veiw of worldly events.( 2 Cor 6:14-1; Mark13:1, 2 ;Luke 4:5, 6) In Acts 17:16 Jehovah shows Pauls reaction to a city full of idols it was irratating to him. He was only there to tell about spiritual matters. Paul mentions all runners in a race but would never agree to the modern day races . Flags up ..prideful..misleading others to think its for good. Revelation 13:3 shows people following the wild beast (Satan) with ADMIRATION. We know we love Jehovah and never want to admire what is against his holiness. In 1 Corinthians 10:6 it says " Now these things became our examples, for us not to be persons desiring injurious things, even as they desired them." (1Cor 10:6-22) Sad to see bombings and violence but we know that it will come to an end during Jehovahs day of anger and all connected to Satans organization will suffer for hurting Jehovah..(Gen 6:6, 7;Rev 6:16)