JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

It's incredible, what today's photographers can capture on their cameras!572212467ed59_FAINTT2303030.GIF.b53321f8

WarrenKeelan_Kryptonite.jpg

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2016/04/monumental-photos-of-waves-crashing-in-australia-by-keelan/

It's also incredible what today's artists can capture on their canvases...5722168703a8d_WOWshocking.gif.a43e79019dperspective-2.jpg

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/09/perspective-zaria-forman/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We were at that one in Atlanta - maybe you saw us there B)

In 1978 we were in New Orleans - My wife was baptized at that one (she wasn't my wife at the time)

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Program from my first international convention(s) some years back---way back!  (I found these from my mother's belongings.)  Wonderful keepsake as it highlights talks from Brother Franz and Brother Henschel.

I think I was at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles for both of those...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

Hmm, come to think of it...was it you that was kicking the back of my chair on the last day? B)

Side note: Yes, we've come a long way from 8-day conventions, real time orchestras, and paying for hoagies, cheese danishes, muff-n-eggs and fruit bags with meal tickets, haven't we?

(oops, I'm dating myself again.)

4 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Hmm, come to think of it...was it you that was kicking the back of my chair on the last day? B)

Side note: Yes, we've come a long way from 8-day conventions, real time orchestras, and paying for hoagies, cheese danishes, muff-n-eggs and fruit bags with meal tickets, haven't we?

(oops, I'm dating myself again.)

Yup, and Satan bagels, if you ate more than one you were bound for a 1000 years....:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 hours ago, Qapla said:

In 1978 we were in New Orleans - My wife was baptized at that one (she wasn't my wife at the time)

I missed the 1969 convention, but the congregation in my area went to Atlanta I think.  I had just begun studying.

Not sure where I went in 1978.  My wife and I went to New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Memphis and Atlanta (several times) over the years.

42 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

Not sure where I went in 1978.  My wife and I went to New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Memphis and Atlanta (several times) over the years.

I have been there more than anywhere else over the years. Went there when we used the old building, then, when we quit using that facility (there were contract disputes then they tore the building down and built a new one), we went to Kissimmee  then Gainesville. We are back going to Jacksonville - will be there this year (July 15-17)

For a few years, even though we were assigned to Kissimmee, we went to Albany, Ga. Technically, Kissimmee is closer by almost 100 miles and the trip should be quicker by 71 minutes, that is not actually the case. Kissimme is closer than Albany but, with the traffic, it was actually quicker for us to go to Albany. Additionally, the scheduling of the Kissimmee dates did not work out for our entire family. We used to rent a 15 passenger van and travel with our in-laws on dates we all could go.

When we started using the O'Dome in Gainesville it was much easier for us. Only 20 minutes for us and 5 minutes for my in-laws. But, even though we are back going to Jacksonville, we can still drive back and forth each day - I drive to Jacksonville for work several days a week.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

19 hours ago, Qapla said:

I have been there more than anywhere else over the years. Went there when we used the old building, then, when we quit using that facility (there were contract disputes then they tore the building down and built a new one), we went to Kissimmee  then Gainesville. We are back going to Jacksonville - will be there this year (July 15-17)

For a few years, even though we were assigned to Kissimmee, we went to Albany, Ga. Technically, Kissimmee is closer by almost 100 miles and the trip should be quicker by 71 minutes, that is not actually the case. Kissimme is closer than Albany but, with the traffic, it was actually quicker for us to go to Albany. Additionally, the scheduling of the Kissimmee dates did not work out for our entire family. We used to rent a 15 passenger van and travel with our in-laws on dates we all could go.

When we started using the O'Dome in Gainesville it was much easier for us. Only 20 minutes for us and 5 minutes for my in-laws. But, even though we are back going to Jacksonville, we can still drive back and forth each day - I drive to Jacksonville for work several days a week.

I remember one year we were at the Gator Bowl for a convention in Jacksonville.

A simple smile when you pass someone in the grocery isle. A kind word to the customer service person on the phone. Opening the door for and older one or returning their cart to the store so they can get in the car. Simple gestures, huge rewards.

be kind.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34